Other drivers

Renton

OK, the driver home re-kindled another pet hate of mine on the roads.....foreign lorry drivers!

A lot of you won't know but recently they've widened the M25 and between J13 and J12, it's 5 lanes wide. 3 of the lanes continue on the M25 and 2 of them filter off to become the M3.

They're put some roadworks in just after J12 and consequently, the traffic starts building up in lanes 3, 4 & 5 but is generally free-flowing in lanes 1 & 2. Tonight was particularly bad congestion.

Consider a line of traffic travelling at about 50mph (no speed restriction in place I might add) in lane 2 which I am a part of (and yes we are overtaking traffic in lane 1 before you ask!).

Approaching J12, not 1, not 2 but 3 fucking foreign lorries who have been hammering it along at 50mph suddenly slam on the anchors and indicate to move into lane 3 (which is backlogged with traffic already)!!!

Fuckers are gonna cause a fatal accident one day soon and t6he thing is they know they can flash through speed cameras and be pulled by the old bill without a care in the world because very little can be done with non-UK registered vehicles.

Perhaps we should all import foreign cars......

:) :) :yes<_<:lol: :lol:

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, I think blacks are bad drivers.

44926[/snapback]

Racist tbh

44932[/snapback]

Jesus wept tbh

44935[/snapback]

Did he??

Must have been watching the driving antics of a female of the species at the time tbh

The general theme when talking about poor driving appears to be the word "women".

44863[/snapback]

Casual sexism, don't you just love it. If only making generalisations about women was considered as unacceptable as making generalisations on the grounds of race/ethnicity/nationality.

Personally, I think blacks are bad drivers. They obviously haven't adapted to this new fangled technology business. I guess it's understandable given that they're a bit backward. That OK?

Yes, that was a bite.

My pet hates tend to revolve around people sitting in the middle lane, driving unnecessarily slowly and in a generally selfish, inconsiderate manner.

44926[/snapback]

Woosh tbh

44926[/snapback]

Racist tbh

44932[/snapback]

Jesus wept tbh

44935[/snapback]

Did he??

Must have been watching the driving antics of a female of the species at the time tbh

44939[/snapback]

Once again not actually responding to what I said.

44941[/snapback]

I've responded to exactly what you said - are you suggesting I've changed the content of your comments??

If not, then by definition, I actually am responding to what you said! :)

Jeez, women! :)

Casual sexism, don't you just love it. If only making generalisations about women was considered as unacceptable as making generalisations on the grounds of race/ethnicity/nationality.

44926[/snapback]

I'm not sure if Shearergol is being serious about his women driver comments or not. I get a feeling he is, and I completely disagree with him if this is the case.

Anyway, I've never equated making jokes about the driving abilities of either sex, or any other characteristic for that matter, to be in the same ball park as jokes or generalisations based on race. But what I do find interesting is that insurance companies can descriminate against me because I'm a man. I guess that would back the fact that on average women actually are better, or at least safer, drivers than men, but its a bit of a sexist generalisation, isn't it? :)

44926[/snapback]

Racist tbh

44932[/snapback]

Jesus wept tbh

44935[/snapback]

Did he??

44939[/snapback]

Once again not actually responding to what I said.

44941[/snapback]

I've responded to exactly what you said - are you suggesting I've changed the content of your comments??

If not, then by definition, I actually am responding to what you said! :)

Jeez, women! :)

44944[/snapback]

Pedantic and tedious, tbh.

44955[/snapback]

More like truthful and you won't admit it............

tbh.

Tell you another gripe....

These fucking retards who buy these 'Road Angels' and think it gives them a prime excuse to drive like a c*nt when the thing isn't bleeping at them.

One day, you'll kill someone - try and stand up in court and say "it was OK, my tracker told me no one was monitoring the area so I drove however I wanted to!"

Wankers!! :)

The general theme when talking about poor driving appears to be the word "women".

44863[/snapback]

Personally, I think blacks are bad drivers. They obviously haven't adapted to this new fangled technology business. I guess it's understandable given that they're a bit backward. That OK?

Yes, that was a bite.

My pet hates tend to revolve around people sitting in the middle lane, driving unnecessarily slowly and in a generally selfish, inconsiderate manner.

44926[/snapback]

Handbags Bridget, we all know that there a only a small number of things your gender is good at, well some of you anyway. It's the 3 c's, cooking, cleaning and cock-sucking!

And if you've got any spare time between tasks you might have a chance to sit on the washing machine, now run along like a good little feminist and go and burn your wonderbra. :)

44863[/snapback]

Yes, that was a bite.

44926[/snapback]

Handbags Bridget, we all know that there a only a small number of things your gender is good at, well some of you anyway. It's the 3 c's, cooking, cleaning and cock-sucking!

And if you've got any spare time between tasks you might have a chance to sit on the washing machine, now run along like a good little feminist and go and burn your wonderbra. :)

44985[/snapback]

:yes

I would quite happily swap the cooking 'C' for the cum swallowing 'C' :)

It is 'funny' how things like sexism and homophobia are far more acceptable than racism in our society, i.e. you can 'get away' with certain jokes and not others. It's all prejudice at the end of the day. I realise most of the comments on here were probably tongue-in-cheek.

It is 'funny' how things like sexism and homophobia are far more acceptable than racism in our society, i.e. you can 'get away' with certain jokes and not others. It's all prejudice at the end of the day. I realise most of the comments on here were probably tongue-in-cheek.

45039[/snapback]

If by cheek you mean arse cheek, then I've noticed Smooth Operators tongue in Wacky's 'cheek' a fair bit of late.

But thats welcome respite from the rampant homophobia on here. Personally, I welcome this new wave of diversity to the board.

Just taking the gender comments to a more serious point I'd accept that young lads can be worse drivers but I do find the "insurance companies can discriminate because women are better drivers" argument to be infuriating. The statistics may show that women have less accidents but I'd love to see a correlation between those stats and mileage/journey times. On the whole men tend to do more driving and in more "accident prone" times like the rush hour. I'd bet "adjusted" figures would show that driving is the same as everything - a range of good and bad across all categories.

I can see that the proposed future "road tolls everywhere" could provide the data for "fairer" insurance for everone.

45039[/snapback]

If by cheek you mean arse cheek, then I've noticed Smooth Operators tongue in Wacky's 'cheek' a fair bit of late.

But thats welcome respite from the rampant homophobia on here. Personally, I welcome this new wave of diversity to the board.

45044[/snapback]

The intellectual discussion is still sadly lacking though :razz:

;)

Just taking the gender comments to a more serious point I'd accept that young lads can be worse drivers but I do find the "insurance companies can discriminate because women are better drivers" argument to be infuriating. The statistics may show that women have less accidents but I'd love to see a correlation between those stats and mileage/journey times. On the whole men tend to do more driving and in more "accident prone" times like the rush hour. I'd bet "adjusted" figures would show that driving is the same as everything - a range of good and bad across all categories.

I can see that the proposed future "road tolls everywhere" could provide the data for "fairer" insurance for everone.

45045[/snapback]

They already ask for your projected milegae though, so I wouldnt bank on it.

I think Bridget made a point elsewhere (which she quite freely conceded actually, nobody was pressing her on it) that women are on average more responsible for rear end shunts. It got me to thinking whether that was a spacial awareness thing???

There was a fascinating series of programmes on the beeb recently which highlighted the differences between the sexes-and spacial awareness was one such area where females were less 'advanced'.

It was recognised that women were better articulators however, which is a decent trade off from their point of view i'd say.

45045[/snapback]

I think the insurance doesn't give a toss about a woman driving 1 mile every week to her hairdresser or a man cruising with his hairdresser the land up and down all day.

They are just interested in how likely it is statistically that the driver will cause an accident...

45045[/snapback]

I think the insurance doesn't give a toss about a woman driving 1 mile every week to her hairdresser or a man cruising with his hairdresser the land up and down all day.

They are just interested in how likely it is statistically that the driver will cause an accident...

45051[/snapback]

So if I drove 140 miles a day, don't you think I'd statistically be more likely to be involved in an accident that my mother who drives 3 miles to get to work?

I decided to revert to using the Metro today to try and calm my growing feeling of road rage.

The thing broke down and I was stuck on it for over 2 hours! Bastards! How the fuck are you supposed to get into work nowadays? :razz:

Edited by Renton

45045[/snapback]

45051[/snapback]

So if I drove 140 miles a day, don't you think I'd statistically be more likely to be involved in an accident that my mother who drives 3 miles to get to work?

45060[/snapback]

Yes. And you should pay more insurance for this reason is the argument I think So basically, male sex is a surrogate indicator of distance travelled. This will all probably change with big brother technology however, which I suppose is fair enough.

45045[/snapback]

45051[/snapback]

45060[/snapback]

Mileage doesn't matter. If someone male who drives 1000 miles a day causes an accident every 1500 miles he statistically is still more accident prone than a woman that drives 5 miles a week and statistically causes an accident every 10 miles.

Edited by Isegrim

Just to stir things up a bit I know several women who readily admit that their gender are GENERALLY worse at driving.

And if I'm honest I agree with them - but then this is probably because I've been told that women are worse drivers, so when I see a woman mess up I automatically think 'typical woman driver', wheras I just think 'stupid twat' if I see a man make a similar error.

I'm well aware that men can be terrible - my dad scares the shite out of me when we're on the motorway.