iPhone

Andrew Flintoff

worst bits, no video recording

Isn't that a feature of the new O/S release? (I obviously mean video recording being a feature, not 'no' video recording)

Only the iPhone 3GS can record video as standard, i think you can get an app that will do it but I hear it's shite.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

iSmartDialler on a Jailbroken iPhone is fucking quality. Just discovered it today - still on the free trial, but will end up buying it.

http://www.ismartdialer.com/

Ummm, what's the point of it? Can't you search for contacts without it?

You can send texts, emails and make calls all from your phone keypad. And set up speed dial.

Because it's quicker and easier (fairly obviously I would have thought?). I find going in and out of all the various apps to text/email/phone a bit of a faff. With this you don't need to.

OS 3.0.1 is out

Fixes potential SMS security risks.

Same update procedure?

yes, check for update via iTunes

Seems a lot of hassle all this jailbreaking, paying for apps, flashing and reflashing and all that malarkey

Ive got a Nokia E63 and its champion! It rings people, texts people, emails people and take pictures and is lightning fast online when using free wi fi.

Maybe im missing the point?

I will concede that when spotify kicks off on the iphone itl be worth having though

Seems a lot of hassle all this jailbreaking, paying for apps, flashing and reflashing and all that malarkey

Ive got a Nokia E63 and its champion! It rings people, texts people, emails people and take pictures and is lightning fast online when using free wi fi.

Maybe im missing the point?

I will concede that when spotify kicks off on the iphone itl be worth having though

Thats an understatement.

Id be interested to know how many people actually use the iphone to its full potential though? Or do they just prefer the thought that it could do all these things . . . if they wanted? Currency convertors, Sat Nav, irectory enquiries etc (stuff they put in the adverts) isnt new? Ive got a sat nav if i want to go somewhere. Ive got a calculator too. Ive got a phone book in the house if i need a number

It just seems like a lot of novelty items all bundled together into what is essentialy a very expensive stabdard mobile. Minus video.

Id be interested to know how many people actually use the iphone to its full potential though? Or do they just prefer the thought that it could do all these things . . . if they wanted? Currency convertors, Sat Nav, irectory enquiries etc (stuff they put in the adverts) isnt new? Ive got a sat nav if i want to go somewhere. Ive got a calculator too. Ive got a phone book in the house if i need a number

It just seems like a lot of novelty items all bundled together into what is essentialy a very expensive stabdard mobile. Minus video.

When I'm out of the house its worth its wait in gold, MSN, Twitter, Web browser, E-mail, Games, Music, Podcasts, Movies, Camera, Maps, radio, Skype, books, the list goes on.

My sister is going to take over my phone contract.

iPhone here I come. :lol:

Try and get a business tariff !

They don't seem to look that great. Unless I am looking in the wrong direction of course.

When I'm out of the house its worth its wait in gold, MSN, Twitter, Web browser, E-mail, Games, Music, Podcasts, Movies, Camera, Maps, radio, Skype, books, the list goes on.

My point being that my much cheaper and easier to use Nokia can do all of that