iPhone

Andrew Flintoff

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

still a crap camera (by modern standards) but i guess most people who buy i phones arent really that bothered by that.

if they'd stuck a 5mp or above camera on there i guess i would be interested cos the rest of it sounds pretty amazing tbf!

No doubt O2 will charge for tethering, hopefully my PDANet will continue to work.

You have to buy a tethering bolt on which starts at £15 a month. Fuck that. If you jailbreak it can't you use the modem app for nowt anyway?

For the jailbroken people, is there any issues with installing the new software next week? Can you just unjailbreak your phone as if you'd never done anything to it, or could there be complications?

For the jailbroken people, is there any issues with installing the new software next week? Can you just unjailbreak your phone as if you'd never done anything to it, or could there be complications?

until the new jailbreak software is available, i wouldn't upgrade to the new 3.0

Saying that, the clever people who make the software have apparently already updated it to work for 3.0 just haven't released it yet. So on 17th june you should be able to upgrade to 3.0 then jailbreak again using QuickPwn or whatever its called.

But obviously my phone is completely un-jailbroken :aye:

I put the new software on last night (gold beta version) but i am going to downgrade back to 2.2.1 due to what i said above.

Edited by Smitheh

OS 3.0 out at some point today, possibly 6pm according to rumours.

Damnit, they said 17th June....well it's 17th June!

Not that it affects me since I'll not be able to upgrade till im finished work anyway <_<

Do you update it through Itunes, or do you automatically get a prompt to download it on your phone?

Do you update it through Itunes, or do you automatically get a prompt to download it on your phone?

Dock your iPhone to your of then in iTunes select your iPhone from the device list and click the check for updates button, that should then prompt you to download the update when it's avalible.

Dock your iPhone to your of then in iTunes select your iPhone from the device list and click the check for updates button, that should then prompt you to download the update when it's avalible.

Does it automatically back up your contacts etc?

Sync your iPhone first just in case but it shouldn't touch your personal data.

Also, a small tip in case you didnt know. Any application (email, sms, twitter, contacts etc) where you scroll through replies or text, you can jump back top the top of your list by tapping the top of the window (where the time is). Thats any os version.

Nice one cheers, so still 6pm you expecting?

Also, a small tip in case you didnt know. Any application (email, sms, twitter, contacts etc) where you scroll through replies or text, you can jump back top the top of your list by tapping the top of the window (where the time is). Thats any os version.

Why didn't I know this? :scratchchin:

Nice one cheers, so still 6pm you expecting?

Put it this way, I'm expecting Apple's servers to crash at 6pm, not sure I'll see the update :scratchchin: