Sign in to follow this  
Meenzer

Running/jogging shoes

OK. My no-brand German running shoes are finally giving up the ghost after several years of me giving them a damn good pounding, so I'm after a new pair (preferably with a tasty pre-/post-Christmas sales discount, but that's not vital). Only trouble is I don't think I've ever bought a pair of functional shoes in this country. :aye:

Anyone got any recommendations? (I realise that these things are brutally subjective, foot-shape-specific and all the rest of it.) I'm not looking for serious running gear, more something that's suitable for the three-times-a-week jogger. :D

Hmm, I was going to ask this a while ago, but then realised I had no money so got some £3 trainers from Asda George and my feet got blistered to fuck...

.... which is the real reason I only went jogging twice.. honest. :aye:

New balance is a class make for running trainers they've got a canny range too so you should be able to find a decent pair for £30 or so.

OK. My no-brand German running shoes are finally giving up the ghost after several years of me giving them a damn good pounding, so I'm after a new pair (preferably with a tasty pre-/post-Christmas sales discount, but that's not vital). Only trouble is I don't think I've ever bought a pair of functional shoes in this country. :lol:

Anyone got any recommendations? (I realise that these things are brutally subjective, foot-shape-specific and all the rest of it.) I'm not looking for serious running gear, more something that's suitable for the three-times-a-week jogger. <_<

I got my shoes from a shop called Up and Running - I think they have branches all over - they cater for all levels of runners, think mine were about £50.

Cheers all. Will take those tips and have a good old-fashioned Actually Trying Stuff On In Shops session at some point over the festive period. :lol: