The Inevitable Knee-Jerk/Headless Chicken thread

The Fish

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We're not going down. Feel free to drag this up again in May but there is zero possibility of this happening. So if you're worried about it then fuck you.

great, that'll do me then. Im off to the bookies now.

Lets see what happens in the January window, how different will you feel if we dont buy anyone that will convinvingly strengthen the squad and at the same time sell a number of our "better" players?

This season is halfway through, we are two points above relegation, the January window is the place where those that are facing the prospect of relegation will highlight their weakspots and do something to strengthen them, if we do that then I share your optimism. If we don't though (and I fear we wont) then we will have a weaker team than now but more importantly any team spirit we had will have died. It wont take much for clubs to pick us off after that.

I noticed yesterday Kinnear was whinging about high prices saying we wouldn't pay them - preparing the way for no signings imo.

Tell you man, I should be rename NostrfookinDamus, two weeks ago it was "Im buying this one, we've already agreed that one, we have 15million to spend" then it became "IF I get the money" and now its turning round to be "I obviously have the money but dont want to waste it on overpriced players" yeah Joe thats fine, Id hate to see you pay over the odds for a Newcastle player and would much prefer you let the money sit in the bank.

By Tuesday we will start seeing the "talk of Viduka/Given/Owen/Taylor/Harper/Butt/etc/etc leaving are rubbish, they are all happy here" kind of statements then as each leaves we will have the "it was mutual, I have my eyes on a much better striker as we speak"

We're not going down. Feel free to drag this up again in May but there is zero possibility of this happening. So if you're worried about it then fuck you.

I am worried about it, so fuck you too.

Well fuck you very much.

Alcohol breeds such blind optimism. :lol: But even sober and with a sore head I still think we'll be ok.

3 points between Bolton in 10th and Stoke in 18th, a relegation spot, as it stands we're on 22, a princely 2 points above Stoke..........thats what gets me. The league is so mind numbmingly average this year. I think it could've been all different if we'd avoided the unpleasantness in September and bought KK a leftback and another midfileder.The thing is about being "average" and "mid table" this season is that its all far too close to the drop zone for comfort. Wigan move up to 8th, realistically thinking of Europe on todays evidence, a mere 5 points ahead of Stoke in the drop zone.

This season has been a huge missed oppotunity, the way most teams are playing we could've really kicked on under KK and built on our good finish to last season/good start to this one.....but we've shot ourselves in in the foot once again.

Nail on head.

All it took was to listen to KK. Let's say we went for Aimar and Warnock instead of Xisco and Gonzalez. We'd still have a good manager, a team brimming with confidence and a tried and tested new formation in the Keegan 433. No doubt in my mind that Jonas would be twice the player he is now as well.

We are twelfth, but we are only two points clear of the relegation zone. Oddly, I think being happy or despairing about our position (with regards to premiership survival) are both reasonable points of view to take at the moment, depending on your outlook. My view is that isn't looking that rosy. After our most recent abysmal home performance someone flashed up our remaining home fixtures, none of which look that winnable considering we've had the three promoted teams already and only managed four points out of a possible nine. I certainly think that for Fish (for example) to ridicule someone for being concerned about the very real threat of relegation is, quite frankly, fucking stupid.

:lol:

we're not going down. It's only over-the-top over-reaction types that "know" that we're doomed.

Currently we're a mid-table club, so that's where we'll end up in the league. If you honestly, HONESTLY, think that a moderate and considered view like that is stupid I'm fucking aghast.

But of course, come the end of the season, I'm sure you'll be first in line to say that I was right...

My thoughts:

MA should put an offer for Ryan Taylor in Jan because the cunt ALWAYS scores in these fixtures. :lol:

can he play at full-back ? :)

3 points between Bolton in 10th and Stoke in 18th, a relegation spot, as it stands we're on 22, a princely 2 points above Stoke..........thats what gets me. The league is so mind numbmingly average this year. I think it could've been all different if we'd avoided the unpleasantness in September and bought KK a leftback and another midfileder.The thing is about being "average" and "mid table" this season is that its all far too close to the drop zone for comfort. Wigan move up to 8th, realistically thinking of Europe on todays evidence, a mere 5 points ahead of Stoke in the drop zone.

This season has been a huge missed oppotunity, the way most teams are playing we could've really kicked on under KK and built on our good finish to last season/good start to this one.....but we've shot ourselves in in the foot once again.

Nail on head.

All it took was to listen to KK. Let's say we went for Aimar and Warnock instead of Xisco and Gonzalez. We'd still have a good manager, a team brimming with confidence and a tried and tested new formation in the Keegan 433. No doubt in my mind that Jonas would be twice the player he is now as well.

We did go for Aimar tbf. :lol:

We are twelfth, but we are only two points clear of the relegation zone. Oddly, I think being happy or despairing about our position (with regards to premiership survival) are both reasonable points of view to take at the moment, depending on your outlook. My view is that isn't looking that rosy. After our most recent abysmal home performance someone flashed up our remaining home fixtures, none of which look that winnable considering we've had the three promoted teams already and only managed four points out of a possible nine. I certainly think that for Fish (for example) to ridicule someone for being concerned about the very real threat of relegation is, quite frankly, fucking stupid.

we're not going down. It's only over-the-top over-reaction types that "know" that we're doomed.

Currently we're a mid-table club, so that's where we'll end up in the league. If you honestly, HONESTLY, think that a moderate and considered view like that is stupid I'm fucking aghast.

But of course, come the end of the season, I'm sure you'll be first in line to say that I was right...

So because we're currently mid-table means thats where we'll end, what about two weeks ago? we were a relegation placed team. Surely under your logic that meant we'd finish there?

Nail on head.

We did go for Aimar tbf. :lol:

We went for Warnock too, I don't think Keegan had any intention of sticking with 4-3-3 either judging by the end of last season and the beginning of this one.

:unsure:

So because we're currently mid-table means thats where we'll end, what about two weeks ago? we were a relegation placed team. Surely under your logic that meant we'd finish there?

Not what I meant mate.

I meant in the scheme of things we're a mid-table club. Not because of our leagueposition at the minute, but that's just our status as we speak.

Man U are a title chasing team, so that's where they'll end up, chasing (or acquiring the title)

I can't see clubs like ours being the source of great drama or shock. It's not that we're "too good to go down" or any of that nonsense, it's just that, despite the outcry, we're not playing as bad as people make out, nor are we playing as well as others are. We're playing average, and our league position reflects that, as will it come the end of the season.

Not what I meant mate.

I meant in the scheme of things we're a mid-table club. Not because of our leagueposition at the minute, but that's just our status as we speak.

Man U are a title chasing team, so that's where they'll end up, chasing (or acquiring the title)

I can't see clubs like ours being the source of great drama or shock. It's not that we're "too good to go down" or any of that nonsense, it's just that, despite the outcry, we're not playing as bad as people make out, nor are we playing as well as others are. We're playing average, and our league position reflects that, as will it come the end of the season.

Ahh right, and what makes us a mid-table club is the quality of players we have then.

Well come February I believe we will officially be a relegation candidate then.

Not what I meant mate.

Ahh right, and what makes us a mid-table club is the quality of players we have then.

Well come February I believe we will officially be a relegation candidate then.

The quality of players, the quality of manager, the team spirit, the self belief.

The way teams set themselves out at our home ground because of our perceived threat (or lack thereof)is as much a burden to us as anything else.

I'm worried that we'll lose a couple of our key players too, but I don't think that will magically transform the club into relegation certainties.

I dunno, maybe I am blindly optimistic, but I cannot see Newcastle United relegated this season. There are far worse sides, all the teams are beating each-other so we're not being left behind.

It might be easier to predict the worst, because if it happens you're right and you were always right and those who disagreed are blind stupid fools, and if you're wrong, well no-one cares because we've survived again, that and we're all being swept up in a tide of optimism for the next inevitably disappointing season.

• 1 month later...

Just over a month has passed and it looks like we have SHOCKINGLY failed to have a brilliant transfer window, have failed to suddenly undo the deep rooted injury crisis after crisis phenomenon that has become intrinsically associated with our club, and seem to be streets ahead of the opposition in terms of managerial/financial incompetence.

Anybody still wanting a shovel and a supply of sand, or have the knee-jerking headless chickens come to roost?

Only if you post in the inevitable "Head in the Sand/ It'll All be Magically Alright" thread

The only kneejerk reactions IMO have been those that say that we've turned a corner based on beating a poor portsmouth team and snatching a victory at home to spurs (a banker in recent seasons)

P.s. 13 times we've lost the first goal, and 13 times we haven't miraculously won the match

If we survive, it will be either due to a brilliant transfer window (looking unlikely), undoing the last 10 years of injury crisis after crisis and everyone staying fit, or portsmouth/west ham making a mess of things due to finances/managerial incompetence. It hurts, but I would rather be Blackburn with Big Sam and a reasonable board in charge than us with JFK and Ashley (and I hated what BSA did with us)

It' s an easy thing to do. People can wail and moan about how everything is doomed, then when it isn't they're never hold accountable for their melodrama.

I'd prefer to take a reasonable response to the situation and not fly into a frothing rage at a loss given the circumstance.

I don't think sacking a manager would solve a god damn thing, nor would boycotts, relegation or whatever other insane idea is proposed next.

I couldn't give a shit if people think me blind. I'm fully aware of the shit situation, I just don't think it's the apocalypse.

I say again, we're not going down.

It' s an easy thing to do. People can wail and moan about how everything is doomed, then when it isn't they're never hold accountable for their melodrama.

I'd prefer to take a reasonable response to the situation and not fly into a frothing rage at a loss given the circumstance.

I don't think sacking a manager would solve a god damn thing, nor would boycotts, relegation or whatever other insane idea is proposed next.

I couldn't give a shit if people think me blind. I'm fully aware of the shit situation, I just don't think it's the apocalypse.

To be fair your track record on these sage assessments isn't good mate. B)

To be fair your track record on these sage assessments isn't good mate. B) talk shite

FYP

To be fair your track record on these sage assessments isn't good mate. B) talk shite

FYP

You're right of course, we've been relegated each and every time you've predicted it.

And of course everytime you've called for change it's left us in a far stronger position.

You're right of course, we've been relegated each and every time you've predicted it.

And of course everytime you've called for change it's left us in a far stronger position.

B)

headsand.jpg

I find it incredible that anybody now can still believe the hype that we are too big to go down. More incredible however is the thought that you'd be happy to let that happen without any attempt to shape or mould the future yourself. Stating that everything proposed is an insane idea so we should all just keep wandering along week in week out, watch the dross, clap politely when we lose (again) and observe the club we love be dismantled and die before our eyes is fucking mental tbh.

The quality of players, the quality of manager, the team spirit, the self belief.

The way teams set themselves out at our home ground because of our perceived threat (or lack thereof)is as much a burden to us as anything else.

I'm worried that we'll lose a couple of our key players too, but I don't think that will magically transform the club into relegation certainties.

I dunno, maybe I am blindly optimistic, but I cannot see Newcastle United relegated this season. There are far worse sides, all the teams are beating each-other so we're not being left behind.

It might be easier to predict the worst, because if it happens you're right and you were always right and those who disagreed are blind stupid fools, and if you're wrong, well no-one cares because we've survived again, that and we're all being swept up in a tide of optimism for the next inevitably disappointing season.

Newcastle United (4-4-2): S Harper — D Edgar, S Bassong, S Taylor, J Enrique — Gérémi (sub: K Lualua, 90), F Coloccini, J Barton (sub: P Lovenkrands, 64), D Duff — A Carroll, M Owen (sub: J Gutiérrez, 19). Substitutes not used: F Forster, Xisco, R Donaldson, B Inman. Booked: Taylor, Gutiérrez.

You're telling me there are three teams in this league worse than that?

Can't wait to see the lineup for the Mackems on Sunday!