Barry Ferguson on Kinnear's wishlist

Sonatine

Guest Stevie
On the positive side why on earth would he want to come here? He is treated like a god in Glasgow (half of it anyway). He wins things every year has more than enough money will be on the coaching staff as soon as he stops playing. Plus he knows he is slowing down why step up to a faster league which will make him look ordinary?

It does however show how shit a manager Kinnear is though unfortunately.

The Rangers fans think he's a wank these days. Latest poll on a Rangers site.....

Barry Ferguson

Want him to Stay or Go

Stay [ 110 ] ** [41.35%]

Go [ 156 ] ** [58.65%]

and these comments sum it all up even the deluded jocks and Irish are admitting he's shite after all....

Just Get him to FUCK!!!... any bid should be accepted, not rejected as above suggests

I wish but it would never happen, I would take any money we could get for him though and stick davis in the middle or even Edu

Will never happen, but we can only dream.
I guess it's possible that Ferguson's reputation is such that a biggish club could still try and buy him. Incredibly unlikely, but if they were amateurish and didn't bother watching him much before doing so it's possible.

until about 18 months / 2 years ago i would NOT have sold Barry for all the tea in china. Worldclass then imo (top 10 in the werruld in his position - easy)

i have to say his form / apparent atitude since then has been way off the mark and i find it impossible to stand up for him any longer.

:( Delusion

He really is unbelievably wank, and RobW again showing his vast knowledge by saying he's loved by the Rangers masses these days.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a victory for everyone who wanted the manager to have the final say on players.

Go Joe!

fuck off you dreary cunt

Couldn't have put it better. Baggio I've told you once before, if you want to play the contrarian you need to have something about you. Thick boring arseholes like you can't pull it off.

Tbf some kind of charisma is a basic requirement.

Howay man, he'll only come back on, try and post something provocative, get pissed off and then try and gain some moral highground with a "I'm getting bored with this" type comment. Again.

Howay man, he'll only come back on, try and post something provocative, get pissed off and then try and gain some moral highground with a "I'm getting bored with this" type comment. Again.

He hasn't been the same since he got that ponytail.

Too expensive

No sell on value

Unsuccessful in the Premier League last time

But still better than the likes of Nicky Butt.

what a very depressing but accurate assessment of our current predicament.

we're only going to sign players that even a couple of years ago we'd have turned our noses up at. and yet they will improve what is a pretty piss poor newcastle team

Would we have turned our noses up at Jonas and Colo a few years back?

no but we certainly would have turned our noses up at ferguson, gonzales, xisco

plus selling milner and not replacing him

and given potentially leaving.

there's nothing too encouraging about our current situation is there? let's be absolutely honest now. i was no fan of shepherd but for his flaws at least we weren't in a massive relegation dogfight when he was in charge

Would we have turned our noses up at Jonas and Colo a few years back?

The same Jonas and Colo that the Sunday Sun claim we are considering selling?

We have a small squad with a lot of injuries and we apparently have to sell to buy.

:(

I refute the claim that Ferguson was a failure at B'burn, but he is now a well and truly busted flush. He became B'burns captain and won a handful of MOTM awards while there.

He is slower than a week in jail, drags the team down and contributes nothing. The pace of the Prem. would destroy him.

Also see the Spanish press have Newcastle linked with another god-awful, slow, non-contributor in Luis Garcia.

As well as Newcastle I have the misfortune of watching Rangers and Atletico Madrid every week and these two would bring NOTHING to the team.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ers/7810688.stm

Smith contradicts Kinnear claims

Rangers boss Walter Smith says Newcastle United have not been in contact regarding the availability of skipper Barry Ferguson.

Smith contradicted Newcastle boss Joe Kinnear, who claimed the Premier League club had made enquiries about Ferguson.

"If the comments are accurate then it is strange," said the Rangers boss.

"As far as my chairman, my chief executive and myself are concerned, there's been no contact with Newcastle or any other club regarding Barry."

However, the Rangers boss admitted that if a club were to make a substantial bid for Ferguson then they would have to consider it.

"I have no influence over who wants to bid for any of the players at Rangers," Smith said after his side's 3-0 defeat of Inverness Caledonian Thistle.

"But what football manager can say that if somebody comes along and makes a bid for one of their players that they won't consider it.

"You have to and that is what we did with Alan Hutton and if anybody comes in then we will give them an answer, but so far the only offer we have had is for Alan Gow from Wolverhampton."

The Ibrox manager stressed that it is his fringe players who he is willing to sell rather than his star players like Ferguson.

"The players that are looking to move on are the ones who are outside of the group and are unhappy about not playing," he said.

"However, all I keep reading about is speculation regarding players who are playing."

:(

WALTER Smith believes Newcastle United manager Joe Kinnear may be guilty of trying to appease his own supporters by publicly declaring an interest in signing Rangers captain Barry Ferguson.

Kinnear claimed at the weekend he had made an initial enquiry for Ferguson, identifying the Scotland midfielder as the kind of January recruit Newcastle require in their fight against relegation from the Premier League.

Smith, however, has insisted Rangers have received no contact from Newcastle for the player and expressed his bewilderment at Kinnear's comments.

http://sport.scotsman.com/sport/Smith-crit...stle.4842236.jp

Guest Stevie

To the Scotsman who said Barry Ferguson hasn't always been shite, he has. He captained Rangers to the treble, scored a last minute free kick in a Cup Final, but as I said he has always been to slow, and in my view has never been at the level Scott Parker is at. Man of the Matches at Blackburn??? So did Robbie Savage!

The sad truth is people are dismissing this as nothing due to the contradictary nature of the statements from Walter and Joe, but you think on to Willie McKay's statements last week. He mentioned Newcastle being in for 5 players, one of them he said a "top class" midfielder, and that's still how he's being promoted. Willie McKay is Barry Ferguson's agent, he was also involved in the Bougherra deal to Rangers, this transfer very sadly will happen imo.

I could see it happening as well like.

Can't happen; we don't go for overpriced, overrated, ageing players with high wages and no sell on value. :)

Which means he'll likely be our trophy signing this winter. :(

To the Scotsman who said Barry Ferguson hasn't always been shite, he has. He captained Rangers to the treble, scored a last minute free kick in a Cup Final, but as I said he has always been to slow, and in my view has never been at the level Scott Parker is at. Man of the Matches at Blackburn??? So did Robbie Savage!

The sad truth is people are dismissing this as nothing due to the contradictary nature of the statements from Walter and Joe, but you think on to Willie McKay's statements last week. He mentioned Newcastle being in for 5 players, one of them he said a "top class" midfielder, and that's still how he's being promoted. Willie McKay is Barry Ferguson's agent, he was also involved in the Bougherra deal to Rangers, this transfer very sadly will happen imo.

No he isn't....

Guest Stevie

No he isn't....

Sorry I'm getting mixed up with that other fat jock cunt, John Viola.

I take it you mean "he hasn't"? I don't want to turn this into a defense of BF because I can't stomach the wee chav bastard but he had a few good seasons and one "great" one.

He is no longer good enough for the Prem, far less Newcastle. At any rate I can't see this transfer happening. When BF went to Blackburn he played a "Sectarian" card to justify moving (His kids getting abuse etc) then worked his ticket so hard at Blackburn (I want to get buried in my Rangers top and other such insincerities) that the circus surrounding the man would probably render it unworthwhile for all involved. Ferguson conducted himself with all the dignity of Kevin the teenager.

Also, the man is a coward, content to hide in midfield and blame others during the game, so I'm sure he'll just hide in Scotland.

Hopefully Ricky Sbragia will express an interest in the cuunt and spend £5m on him.

Barry Ferguson wont leave rangers hes already made that mistake before and wont again though england must be the only country where you can come to a new league and after 6 months become captain and then be branded a failurea year later when you leave :(:) .

Not sure why yous want ferguson hes only a shadow of his former euro class, been hampered with injuries ( mainly because he plays through them for rangers like last year on road to manchester) and to be honest I dont no why he would leave Rangers for Newcaslte with all respect at the minute yous are in lower half of the table where as we are chasing the title, still in all domestic cups so were bound to win something and we will have af ew more euro runs before he retires.

Who plays for newcastle at centre mid anyway is it not danny guthrie :) ?

And for bougherra, 8 million please :icon_lol: hes better than boumsong ............ honest :)

Barry Ferguson wont leave rangers hes already made that mistake before and wont again though england must be the only country where you can come to a new league and after 6 months become captain and then be branded a failurea year later when you leave :(:icon_lol: .

Not sure why yous want ferguson hes only a shadow of his former euro class, been hampered with injuries ( mainly because he plays through them for rangers like last year on road to manchester) and to be honest I dont no why he would leave Rangers for Newcaslte with all respect at the minute yous are in lower half of the table where as we are chasing the title, still in all domestic cups so were bound to win something and we will have af ew more euro runs before he retires.

Who plays for newcastle at centre mid anyway is it not danny guthrie :) ?

And for bougherra, 8 million please :) hes better than boumsong ............ honest :)

Geremi anyone? :)

Guest Stevie

Looking at these quotes from 2004 it shows Barry has a Newcastle leaning as well, even if he was probably hinting for Souness to bring him with him. Let's hope it comes to nothing anyway.

Dean Saunders is ready to follow Graeme Souness to Newcastle United.

The former Welsh international was Souness's right-hand man at Ewood Park and despite Rovers' eagerness to keep him Saunders is ready to move to the North East.

"Obviously I'll be going with Graeme if everything goes right, but John Williams [blackburn chief executive] has asked me to stay," he said.

"I'm in the middle of talking to him about it, but it looks like I'll be going to Newcastle."

Saunders, who was first team coach at Blackburn, is likely to take on a similar role at St James' Park.

Many at Blackburn are still in shock at Souness's departure, none more than captain Barry Ferguson.

"I think his job was always safe at Blackburn and, in a way, you can't blame him," said Ferguson.

"I'm shocked and gutted but I can't feel true anger inside of me.

"Truth is there are few bigger clubs in Britain than Newcastle - I think they are the biggest apart from Manchester United.

"They have a massive fan base and a great place to play. If you built a home for 150,000 fans there they'd still fill it.

"Every second person you see there has a Newcastle top on - even the grannies!

"It's a fantastic footballing place and the passion is just the same as he will have felt as manager of Rangers all those years ago. That's a major reason why he has gone in my eyes."

Blackburn chief executive John Williams is now looking at Souness's successor, with Wales boss Mark Hughes and Gordon Strachan the favourites to take the position, with the likes of Mike Newell and Paul Jewell also linked.

"A lot of people have expressed interest," said Williams.

"We've got a good list. A lot of people have made their expression of interest known. By the end of today that list should be complete."

I take it you mean "he hasn't"? I don't want to turn this into a defense of BF because I can't stomach the wee chav bastard but he had a few good seasons and one "great" one.

He is no longer good enough for the Prem, far less Newcastle. At any rate I can't see this transfer happening. When BF went to Blackburn he played a "Sectarian" card to justify moving (His kids getting abuse etc) then worked his ticket so hard at Blackburn (I want to get buried in my Rangers top and other such insincerities) that the circus surrounding the man would probably render it unworthwhile for all involved. Ferguson conducted himself with all the dignity of Kevin the teenager.

Also, the man is a coward, content to hide in midfield and blame others during the game, so I'm sure he'll just hide in Scotland.

Hopefully Ricky Sbragia will express an interest in the cuunt and spend £5m on him.

Maybe just maybe have yous ever thought that ferguson did actualy want to come back, he is more than good enough for newcastle id take him over barton, guthrie and butt anyway :( the sectarian card ? He openly admitted in a interview that people from all angles were telling him to try the premiership so he gave it a go and then realised how big a club Rangers are with the facilities we had so decided to come back. Barry Ferguson could have easily signed for Everton at the time Rangers resigned him but he wanted to come back to Rangers, Hide? He was hiding last season wasn't he when he captained us to the verge of the quadruple threatining the rest of his career playing through a ankle injury, taking injections into the bone just to play and also leading scotland to 2 wins over france home and away and with 1 game of qualifying for Euro 2008? Ferguson isn't the same player who was dominating the big eurpean names 4 years ago but hes a higher quality than your midfeild and would do a job for yous.

Yous are in for the wrong midfeilder anyway, Kevin Thomson is far more important to us than Pedro Mendes, Steve Davis or Barry Ferguson, but thommo is not for sale :) .

Edited by Ferguson_6