Xisco

Lazarus

Heard a rumour today that the reason he hasnt played much is because after 10 appearances or so we owe an installment of £2.8M.

Anyone heard owt or know if its true?

Also heard the rumour, no idea if it's true.

Aye it's been said on here before, doesn't really explain why he's only made 4 appearances though even with our injury problems.

He might actually start to play well and it becoming difficult to push him out of the team? ;)

Ive heard this rumour, does it mean if he plays 10 games we have to pay or does it mean 10 games in his first season? Either way its a bloody stupid clause if its true.

Also surely this doesnt include reserve games? He hasnt played any reserve games has he?

Ive heard this rumour, does it mean if he plays 10 games we have to pay or does it mean 10 games in his first season? Either way its a bloody stupid clause if its true.

Also surely this doesnt include reserve games? He hasnt played any reserve games has he?

10 Competitive games whether it be one season, two or three, id imagine.

Reserve games arent classed as competitive although they are pretty fuckin physical. I see Tamas Kadar broke his leg against the filth, out for 4 months! Shame, he looks decent at LB.

Aye it's been said on here before, doesn't really explain why he's only made 4 appearances though even with our injury problems.

I heard it too, from a fairly reliable source. The one logical reason I can see for not playing him is that we are holding him until its 100% necessary ie with a few games of the season to go and absolutely nobody to play instead.

It did make me ask the question last time though, imagine we're 4th bottom last game of season, Owen, Oba, Shola and Carroll are crocked and Xisco has played 9 games already. Win and we stay up, do you reckon they'll play him and pay the extra or will they want to save the cash and play Duff up front?

Deja vu! About five years ago Elgin City had a right back called Graeme Grant who was signed on the basis that he'd get a half his signing on fee when he joined and the other half after he'd started 20 games for the club. That season he proved he was by far the best right back at Elgin but after 19 starts, and a handful of sub appearances, he was dropped to the bench and never played for the club again.

Nice to see that Newcastle are being run at about the same level as a semi-pro club currently propping up the Scottish Third Division.

Happened to Seth Johnson at Leeds:

KEN BATES has launched an astonishing attack on Seth Johnson, claiming Leeds' top earner can rot in the reserves.

Bates is desperate to get the £38,000-a-week star off Leeds' payroll and plans to offload him in the summer.

Johnson cost £7million from Derby in 2001 and the chairman is no longer prepared to pick up the tab for the injury-jinxed midfielder.

He has already put a block on Johnson playing for Leeds again this season after learning that his next appearance will trigger a £250,000 payment to Derby.

Bates feels this would be adding insult to injury for Leeds over a player who has managed just 59 appearances for the club in three-and-a-half years.

59 appearances in 3 years, half of our players can only dream of an appearance record like that

I would Imagine Owen's record for us must be similar to that ?

I can't believe people are so disgruntled he's not getting a game.

He's shit man.

I reckon he's probably just brought a Bellamy sized ego with him that neither the first team or reserve manager are willing to put up with, so they let him rot.

Possibly an attitude Keegan recognised instantly, but was forced to accept into his dressing room....which he didn't want.

it was in the journal (maybe one other rag) a few days ago in an article half the way down the page , just a couple of lines explaining it's in the contract that a payment of 2.7 mill is tobe made after 10 appearances , there was alot of stuff going on at the time , guess that kind of got looked over .

happyface , you watched the lad at u-21 lvl or in la liga ? as he's always made a great account of himself when ive watched him play before he arrived here, you dont get regarded as your countrys next great striker for nothing ,

Edited by Hadrian

there is potential there, he needs a run of games, confidence and decent coaching and he'd be a half decent player, certainly better than Carroll and Ameobi. Judging by Kinnears comments at the start of his reign he kicked Xisco out because of the language barrier. I feel sorry for him, he's been ruined.

not now because its been fucked up for him, there have been over a dozen games where he could have and probably should have at least made a sub appearance, he should have been kept fresh throughout the season so he could be called upon when Martins or Owen got injured. Instead he is 6th choice, £5.5m for 6th choice striker? LOL, argubly 7th because Duff is preffered!

Edited by Midlands-Mag

Is this kid ever going to play?

Even a half fit shola gets i the team ahead of him.

If its a question of money (ie paying an installment on his fee after 10 games or whatever) then surely its still got to be cheaper playing xisco than shola cos of all of sholas missed chances, the resulting dropped points and our ultimate league position?

I reckon we may see him go on loan today, especially if there is anything in the talk of us looking at another striker.

He should be playing. Shola was pretty bad yesterday

I reckon we may see him go on loan today, especially if there is anything in the talk of us looking at another striker.

He should be playing. Shola was pretty bad yesterday

I never said he shouldn't... :razz:

I know lol

I just think he should be.