Birthday presents

Meenzer

Nah, I'm still umming and ahhing. Some really good suggestions and comments among this lot though. Might try and put together a mini-photo album of "the story of us so far" or something equally soppy...  :( ...though that's possibly best saved for an anniversary, I dunno. Inspiration still gratefully accepted, in other words.  :nufc:

49039[/snapback]

Well the first thing is what's he into?

I had this discussion with a friend's wife the other day and she said she coudn't buy presents for shit.

Whatever it is it has to be special. Something they would pick but with a bit of your taste. A handmade English silk tie in colours they like but with a pattern you like. A mont blanc pen in a design they would like but maybe fountain instead of rollerball.

A new old stock swiss watch (ebay has plenty) that is brand new but 70s design and dirt cheap - brands like edox and omega are bargains.

Cufflings, tie clips things that you can buy something that can have a bit of both of you. Even great quality sex toys - glass, titanium or stainless are good options.

Forget consumables, even music because as you said if people want those things they just go buy them.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does he love animals? You could sponser one for him at your local zoo. Then have a trip there on his birthday to see it.

How about a 'gadgety' gift? I love buying pressies from the gadget shop as its something a bit different. So much to choose from, clocks, games, puzzles, unusual lighting, radio controlled cars. all sorts!!

Does he like spanish/italian football? how about getting a pair of tickets to a game (really cheap) and booking a cheap flight and taking him over?

He needs a kitten :angry:

49095[/snapback]

I'm sure he'd rather have a houseboy around the place, the dirty swine. :icon_lol:;)

(Psst... we're definitely getting a kitten some day though... :nufc:)

Toonraider, gadgety stuff is a fine idea, you never know quite what you're going to find in shops like that. Trouble is I don't get into London until the evening of the night before his birthday, so shopping time is going to be seriously limited. I might beg for a one-day amnesty to give myself some space to find something. :blush:

49095[/snapback]

I'm sure he'd rather have a houseboy around the place, the dirty swine. :icon_lol:;)

(Psst... we're definitely getting a kitten some day though... :blush:)

Toonraider, gadgety stuff is a fine idea, you never know quite what you're going to find in shops like that. Trouble is I don't get into London until the evening of the night before his birthday, so shopping time is going to be seriously limited. I might beg for a one-day amnesty to give myself some space to find something. :angry:

49605[/snapback]

Do they not sell things in Germany?

Or are you hoping to end up getting a bulky and heavy gift and you don't want to have to carry it over.

Now, see, if you sent him toast in the post.................................. :nufc:

49095[/snapback]

(Psst... we're definitely getting a kitten some day though... :nufc:)

Toonraider, gadgety stuff is a fine idea, you never know quite what you're going to find in shops like that. Trouble is I don't get into London until the evening of the night before his birthday, so shopping time is going to be seriously limited. I might beg for a one-day amnesty to give myself some space to find something. :blush:

49605[/snapback]

I can see your time problem, why dont you look on the gadget shop online? i think you can order off there too. I know its not the same as looking around the store, but you might see something that is perfect.

• 2 weeks later...

Might be too late now, but here are a few more fun ideas :rimshot:

http://www.thedoghouse.co.uk/ProductDetail...8-B091C6672262}

http://www.thedoghouse.co.uk/ProductDetail...C-40BF2BD82E90}

I'd quite like to be a Lady of the glen :tumbleweed:

If his birthday has passed, what did you get him in the end?

Edited by Toonraider

make the day special, without making it obvious, then drop a nice big surprise on him at the end of the day... like... oh I dunno,.... tell him you're leaving him for the barmaid you met the last time you had an argument

either that or a box of Quality Street... nowt says true love like cheap tacky sweets

Oh I'd forgotten about this thread. And I wanna know what Meenz got. But he's just disappeared off to Lahhnndon... so we won't find out till he gets back/misses us so much he comes back to the board.

Less disturbing than Brock sniffing around under-age girls, tbh...

53013[/snapback]

Pretty much the same age though, I think...

53016[/snapback]

Ffs I was only saying hi to the lass, she's 2 years younger than me an arl :rimshot::tumbleweed:

53029[/snapback]

Admit it, you disguise yourself as a school of an evening.

53013[/snapback]

53016[/snapback]

Ffs I was only saying hi to the lass, she's 2 years younger than me an arl :D:D

53029[/snapback]

So if a bloke come on you would say his with the little flower smilie and whatever over smilies you used?? :D

53013[/snapback]

53016[/snapback]

Ffs I was only saying hi to the lass, she's 2 years younger than me an arl :D:redcard:

53029[/snapback]

So if a bloke come on you would say his with the little flower smilie and whatever over smilies you used?? :D

53215[/snapback]

No because then people would assume I work in the packaging dept. in Thornton's fudge factory :D

• 2 weeks later...
Oh I'd forgotten about this thread.  And I wanna know what Meenz got.  But he's just disappeared off to Lahhnndon... so we won't find out till he gets back/misses us so much he comes back to the board.

53019[/snapback]

So meenzer besides a slap on the arse and a darn good seeing to what did you end up getting him?

That was about it actually. :rolleyes:

Oh, and after all that, I buckled and got him a bloody CD and DVD, didn't I? :blink:

But I also hot-footed it over to IKEA while he was at work one day and stocked up on the ingredients for a full-on Swedish Christmas dinner, which is something we both lurrrrve. Whipped it up like a good little househusband (the meal, that is), and it seemed to go down a treat (the meal, that is).

(The parentheses are for Jonny's benefit, since he seems to be such a perceptive little fella. ;))

That was about it actually.  ;)

Oh, and after all that, I buckled and got him a bloody CD and DVD, didn't I?  :icon_lol:

But I also hot-footed it over to IKEA while he was at work one day and stocked up on the ingredients for a full-on Swedish Christmas dinner, which is something we both lurrrrve. Whipped it up like a good little househusband (the meal, that is), and it seemed to go down a treat (the meal, that is).

(The parentheses are for Jonny's benefit, since he seems to be such a perceptive little fella. :blink:)

58348[/snapback]

Being the operative words. :rolleyes:

(Or so his mum says.)