Other games

Park Life

You cant pick your team, it picks you mancy.

Straight swap - keys on the table - would you swap o`neill for pardew? Tom is on the floor laughing at the suggestion - I get that - any other opinions?

I think if O'Neill came in now he'd have a similar positive effect that he's had down the road. That could last the entire rest of the season and into then next.

I think he then wouldn't really be backed the way he'd want to be backed in the transfer market and then he'd fuck off again. In the meantime, results would have tailed off again as he began to get disillusioned. This could take in a 1 year period of management or 2 years, doesnt make much odds to me.

You're beyond naive is all it boils down to.

To be fair i don't think O'neil would fuck off because if he'd agreed to take over here he'd know fine well what he'd let himself in for as would any manager nowadays, so really the question should be simply would people rather have started this season and the next few years ahead with Pardew or O'Neil.

What's the point in living in that alternative reality? He probably wouldnt have taken over at all if he'd had the conversation Pardew had with Ashley. If you think otherwise I think you're being naive too.

That said I don't even accept your basic premise-O'Neill is one of the biggest whingers in football management bar none. Listen to his interviews when they don't win. He thinks absolutely everything is against him so I could see him fucking off on a whim at any time he was refused a transfer he wanted.

I didn't say he would have taken over, i said if he had then he'd signed up to what goes on here, and i'm not being naive just pointing out the OP was setting up a hypothetical question and nothing else as to whether people would take O'Neil or Pardew. And i've heard plenty managers whinge as much or more than O'Neil, most of them do.

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You cant pick your team, it picks you mancy.

Straight swap - keys on the table - would you swap o`neill for pardew? Tom is on the floor laughing at the suggestion - I get that - any other opinions?

I think if O'Neill came in now he'd have a similar positive effect that he's had down the road. That could last the entire rest of the season and into then next.

I think he then wouldn't really be backed the way he'd want to be backed in the transfer market and then he'd fuck off again. In the meantime, results would have tailed off again as he began to get disillusioned. This could take in a 1 year period of management or 2 years, doesnt make much odds to me.

You're beyond naive is all it boils down to.

To be fair i don't think O'neil would fuck off because if he'd agreed to take over here he'd know fine well what he'd let himself in for as would any manager nowadays, so really the question should be simply would people rather have started this season and the next few years ahead with Pardew or O'Neil.

What's the point in living in that alternative reality? He probably wouldnt have taken over at all if he'd had the conversation Pardew had with Ashley. If you think otherwise I think you're being naive too.

That said I don't even accept your basic premise-O'Neill is one of the biggest whingers in football management bar none. Listen to his interviews when they don't win. He thinks absolutely everything is against him so I could see him fucking off on a whim at any time he was refused a transfer he wanted.

I didn't say he would have taken over, i said if he had then he'd signed up to what goes on here, and i'm not being naive just pointing out the OP was setting up a hypothetical question and nothing else as to whether people would take O'Neil or Pardew. And i've heard plenty managers whinge as much or more than O'Neil, most of them do.

Fair enough, agree to disagree tbh.

Tecato, what did you think about the Liverpool game then? Honestly, they fielded one of the worst midfield combinations that Liverpool have put out in years and we didn't try and press them, harry them, try and actually pass the ball between them, we just let them have the ball and do what the hell they wanted with it and every time we got it, we panicked and kicked it long straight back to them.

Hence the globetrotters and red carpet analogy. If you disagree thats an honest view, I just sat in the pub and were utterly disappointed in us. When Super-stevie scored i just left the pub in shame. And it wasnt the result, it was how it came about.

I didn't see the same level of effort that I've seen in most of our games. They played a much better pressing game. They just seemed to be more up for it and we were a bit of a mess to be honest. We're better than that - I wouldn't have minded losing so much if our performance had been better.

Glad we agree. Struggle to think of a single chance we had at old toilet though aside from the penalty that never was created by a player who has since been left on the bottom shelf in the fridge because he is too positive...

Edited by Lake Bells tits

I didn't see the same level of effort that I've seen in most of our games. They played a much better pressing game. They just seemed to be more up for it and we were a bit of a mess to be honest. We're better than that - I wouldn't have minded losing so much if our performance had been better.

To be fair, Chelsea could have had 5-6 more after steven T hobbled off at SD arena. This is the same team getting served at home, by Villa - a team people on here ridicule. That and the fact that De Gea had a night off at old trafford is together with the comfortable loss away to city the basis of my "globetrotters" comment.. if you think pardew has performed well against the top teams agree to disagree I guess.

Want to give credit to the fans at Blundell Park today, 6700 for a Blue Square Premier game is incredible, especially with the great atmosphere that came with the win.

I've been all over Europe watching England and the toon at grounds like San Memes, Phillips Stadion, Ajax Arena, Heysel (forget what they call it now), Ibrox, Wembley, Millennium, Old Trafford, Anfield you name it, and straight up the loudest roar I ever heard from the opposition fans was at Blundell Park. I'm not saying it for effect. It was the season before we went up, and it was a cavernous little ground, the away end dangerously full. We were giving Grimsby fans pelters before the game kicked off they must've been sick as fuck, the game kicked off and "YOU ONLY SING WHEN YOU'RE FISHIN SING WHEN YOU'RE FISHIN, YOU ONLY...." then 25 seconds gone RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA Grimsby fucking scored, a mackem too Clive Mendonca, we went quite as mice and I'll never forget that roar. Has to be something to do with the stands like cos I couldn't get my head round how 11,000 could make that noise.

Edited by McFaul

Hoping Blackburn get up. Stoke breathing down our necks otherwise. Not looking good at the moment. Meanwhile, Chelsea battering Wolves who are sitting on the edge of their 6 yard box Swansea style, except without the ball.