Adidas ditching The Toon

Guest Stevie

Now if this bloke had only repeated on the right shoulder/arm what he'd done on the left shoulder/arm and put the Puma logo over the right tit, this'd be the dog's bollocks IMO :(

Can one of you photoshop experts have a play and see what it'd look like?

newcastle_united_20100221_2091715672.jpg

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now if this bloke had only repeated on the right shoulder/arm what he'd done on the left shoulder/arm and put the Puma logo over the right tit, this'd be the dog's bollocks IMO :)

Looks like some cockend didn't have the page in the book he was copying from properly folded over in the photocopier. You know what I mean cos you've ALL done it :(

Was thinking. The Puma St James' Park. Or, The Puma Park. Possibilities? Shite, all the same.

Now if this bloke had only repeated on the right shoulder/arm what he'd done on the left shoulder/arm and put the Puma logo over the right tit, this'd be the dog's bollocks IMO :(

It'd be - shocker of shockers, this - a regular black and white striped shirt! Just like all of us want! That's too easy. It's got to have swoops and swishes and cape designs and all the rest of that shite.

pity we don't have brown ale as sponsors anymore, logo always suited our kits

Pity it's not made in the North East anymore as well though. Fucking joke that.

got to lose the northern rock sponsorship though

Why? I thought they'd renewed.

i just don't like the look of the logo. bring back the blue star!

Be nice wouldn't it, except for the fact these days is merely represents a brand rather than a company. And as Alex says, it's not even made in the North East anymore.

Be nice wouldn't it, except for the fact these days is merely represents a brand rather than a company. And as Alex says, it's not even made in the North East anymore.

i couldn't really complain about that given i've outsourced myself to london

would be awesome to get newkie broon back as sponsor

the rock looks crap plus is kind of symbolic of how crap we've been since we've had it on our shirt

someone figure out how to email that to pumas kit designer people!

Thought it was worth a squirt so fuck it.....

To: 'info-uk@puma.com'

Subject: Newcastle United - 2010/11 football kit.

Dear sirs,

I'm not sure what influence you take from football supporters when designing kit for their teams but if you do at all, I would like to put forward an opinion.

Nike and Umbro appear to have taken the view that 'simple is best' when it comes to football kit design and it is a view that many Newcastle United fans are in agreement with.

We don't want to see 'fancy patterns' appearing over the shoulders / top halves of our shirts, nor do we want to see large patches of one single colour - we simply would like to see a straight forward black and white striped shirt with the club badge on the left chest, your own logo on the right chest and the sponsor's logo in the middle of the shirt.

The following design is one that was submitted to the FootballShirtCulture website and it is, we believe, absolutely perfect.

newcastle_united_20100222_1218946066.jpg

Whilst we're at it, over at Toontastic.net had an thread running for over a year now ever since it was first rumoured that Puma would be supplying us and in that thread, you can observe at detail the general thoughts of our fans on what the kit should be like. You can read for yourselves here:

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?showtopic=22963

Hopefully you are able to take on board comments that the fans suggest and make it into a reality - it is, after all, them who'll be buying your product at the end of the day.

I look forward to your reply

Kind regards,

I like that ALOT...I think what we get wont be too far away from that.

i couldn't really complain about that given i've outsourced myself to london

would be awesome to get newkie broon back as sponsor

the rock looks crap plus is kind of symbolic of how crap we've been since we've had it on our shirt

You fucking what? :(

Whilst we're at it, over at Toontastic.net had an thread running for over a year now ever since it was first rumoured that Puma would be supplying us and in that thread, you can observe at detail the general thoughts of our fans on what the kit should be like. You can read for yourselves here:

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?showtopic=22963

Hello Puma! :(

newcastle_united_20100222_1218946066.jpg

B) (Wasn't me by the way)

:spinwank::(:spinwank::):spinwank:;):spinwank:;):spinwank::):spinwank::(:spinwank::):spinwank::(:spinwank::):spinwank::):spinwank::):spinwank::(:spinwank::omgwank::spinwank::omgwank::spinwank::omgwank::spinwank::omgwank::spinwank::omgwank::spinwank::omgwank::spinwank::omgwank:

I love the fact this was edited. B)

It is a great shirt, but there's no way it will be this simple. They'll watermark a huge puma logo or put a babies bib on it or swirl the stripes below the fucking nipples or something.

Puma is German for gobshite, by the way. Meenz will confirm.

Edited by trophyshy

Ooo i got a reply....

Dear Craig

Thank you for contacting us at Puma UK with your opinion.

Unfortunately we are unable to comment on any designs for the future Newcastle kit until its launched.

All comments from supporters will be taken in to consideration.

Thanks

Best Regards

Puma UK

:(