Adidas ditching The Toon

Guest Stevie

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New Rep. Ireland kit. Personally I think it's very classy, nice to see some other nations get the 'tailored by Umbro' look in their kits. Shame since I'm Northern Irish, really hope we get a similar kit for ourselves cus that's quality. ireland-2010-umbro-home-kit.jpg

ireland-2010-umbro-home-kit-2.jpg

ireland-2010-umbro-home-kit-8.jpg

"anthem jacket"

for god sake, I remember hearing that for the first time when england first wore the newest home kit, what a load of bollocks its just a tracksuit top :rolleyes:

The players dont wear the sponsored shirt. Fans are unable to buy the non-sponsored version though.

This fucking stinks.

Surely you should be able to get one untainted by capitalism? Do I have to pay a premium to avoid being a meat banner for some corporate fucks? I know patriotism is a flawed concept anyway, but tying your nation to a commercial operation? What if I don't want to advertise some shitty beer but still want to support my team? MUST I associate myself with some scumfuck bank or failed institution?

I wonder if people one day will be choosing which team to support through their advertising associations? This is only a step or two on from supporting a team because they won something or have a Retardo in their team. D&G to sponsor Lazio, corner the poncey end of the market. Aldi cement their relationship with Sunderland by giving match tickets away with every frozen turkey.

Selloutism FTW

ALL the fucking money ends up in the pockets of the players anyways, and they are a right set of spoilt cunts these days. I mean it's not their fault, they're living the dream, but our role models, our kid's role models - are so far isolated from reality. Another fucking Bentley, another fucking Scandal, another outrageous pay rise.

Salary caps ffs. We need to bring the game back to a sensible level, the football bubble must burst.

Edited by trophyshy

Ireland kit ;)

i'll be getting that!

Don't like the colour.

Prefer the blue of France perhaps? :rolleyes:

what are you on about man? that ireland kit if blue

/hips

Ireland kit <_<

i'll be getting that!

Don't like the colour.

Prefer the blue of France perhaps? :rolleyes:

what are you on about man? that ireland kit if blue

/hips

;)

Craig, is that the official jersey for us next year or a template?

Sorry lads, thinking about it and the comments made last week on the radio, it's easy to assume this could be the one.

Just someone's mock up that's all - not seen anything official yet. Sorry for confusion.