Adidas ditching The Toon

Guest Stevie

for the record that shirt i posted is probably my 3rd favourite of the adidas toon range. the newky brown and the 1st northern rock one ( blue typeface) are rather special in my opinion.

gotta love the trefoil rather than that funny triangle thing.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeh to be honest i will only wear them when playing now, I prefer to take a scarf to the match.

I like it when you see loads of people at the match in b&w tops but I never wear one myself (5-a-side apart). I think they're for kids really. I've got the odd old one I might occasionally dig out (Asics one mentioned before and the beer mat / grandad collar one). I've got a couple of match-worn ones I've been given since then too. Never wear those either. Should probably sell them on ebay really.

The match worn shirts are probably worth keeping if they are from a player of note - just to have.

There was a bloke selling some on here who had some class ones.

I do have a load of football shirts and some pretty good ones but I prefer to wear them to play in or sometimes watching a match in the house, when generally it's too warm for a scarf :lol:

I'm currently after a Ujpest shirt but I can't even begin to translate the website!

I got a Ujpest shirt whilst I was in Hungary (the missus is from Hungary!), Quite nice, tbf!

Fuckers have done one for Chelsea alex.... :lol:

PDS203001014.jpg

I take it this, with black instead of colbalt and the NUFC crest would cut the mustard?

That's lush tbf. Ours is propa gyppo.

PDS203001014.jpg

I take it this, with black instead of colbalt and the NUFC crest would cut the mustard?

chavvy as hell IMO

PDS203001014.jpg

chavvy as hell IMO

Gerraway man.

Like I can be arsed to read 180posts :lol:

Isnt that pretty much what you said we didnt have above though?

Nah... I posted that pic and then alex said he'd have preferred it if it was a classic adidas tracksuit with the trefoil, three stripes on the sleeves and our crest and that was it...

And then I found the Chelsea one ;)

Ive got the Beckenbauer top which would be identical apart from the badge. Im sure you could get it stitcdhed on if you were desperate :lol:

What's the Beckenbauer one like and where did you get it? If you don't mind my asking.

I got mine half price at barneys in America :lol: You can get them anywhere though

beckenbauer.jpg

That's nice like. Not quite as nice as those two mock-ups by Matt above like. Just because of the trefoil really although I like the stripes on the trims as well. In fact they'd be nicer without the Toon badge ;)

Seen that Canada one before like. Is it the Montreal Olympics one they wore or something (re-issued obviously). I quite fancied getting it as it's smart and I've been to Canada and I really loved it. The only thing that puts me off is it red and white.