Adidas ditching The Toon

Guest Stevie

Always liked Kappa strips going back to the old Juve ones. Really decent quality as well. Don't seem to make many strips these days though. And tbf, you look like a fucking twat in a football top with a big beer belly anyway.

The crack is it's going to be PUMA, could be better, could be worse. Remember them mackem ones 93-97 :nufc: AVEC, I think it must've been their first attempt at making a shirt. The Kappa ones in the mid 90's were nice Juventus and Bilbao's were iconic, but my favourite shirts were the lotto ones, I don't think they even exist now. The AC Milan one springs to mind.

Aye, I think Puma's alright as well. Not sure what happened to Lotto but they did make a Juve kit between Kappa and Nike I think. Think they made / make the Italian refs tops. Probably a few more Italian teams use them but I never really get to watch Italian football anyway now. Kappa made a nice Milan kit too (the all white European Cup one from about '92). Adidas did too. I prefer old skool kits anyway (proper ones rather than reproductions if possible).

Lotto do QPR's shirt

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kappa is a bit charver these days.

The shirts are a nice cut. Much better quality than the Adidas we have been used to.

8068.jpg

heimtrikotneu575.jpg

I'm not sure how a striped shirt would work without very thin stripes.

Yeh to be honest i will only wear them when playing now, I prefer to take a scarf to the match.

I like it when you see loads of people at the match in b&w tops but I never wear one myself (5-a-side apart). I think they're for kids really. I've got the odd old one I might occasionally dig out (Asics one mentioned before and the beer mat / grandad collar one). I've got a couple of match-worn ones I've been given since then too. Never wear those either. Should probably sell them on ebay really.

The match worn shirts are probably worth keeping if they are from a player of note - just to have.

There was a bloke selling some on here who had some class ones.

I do have a load of football shirts and some pretty good ones but I prefer to wear them to play in or sometimes watching a match in the house, when generally it's too warm for a scarf :nufc:

I'm currently after a Ujpest shirt but I can't even begin to translate the website!

I've got a Pedro match-worn one. It's one of the blue adidas ones (came out same season as the grandad collar I think) that looked a little bit like denim from a distance. I'd probably hang onto that anyway. I've got a David Batty one which was the style after the grandad shirt - i.e. the round neck one we wore in the '98 cup final.

I could easy get it signed and framed but I think they look a bit tacky tbh. I would only sell the Batty one because it's just sitting there gathering dust in any case. Not arsed about making money on it.

I think it depends on the shirt and presentation - Jonny had a decent one knocked up in the materialism thread.

Depends in the room it was put in I suppose.

Which match was the Batty one worn in?

I've got a Pedro match-worn one. It's one of the blue adidas ones (came out same season as the grandad collar I think) that looked a little bit like denim from a distance. I'd probably hang onto that anyway. I've got a David Batty one which was the style after the grandad shirt - i.e. the round neck one we wore in the '98 cup final.

Because your fatha would kill you if you flogged it :nufc:

Because your fatha would kill you if you flogged it :nufc:

Not if he got a cut :lol:

I don't know actually Tom. I think they were both worn in PL games.

It's probably not worth finding out about 11 years later I suppose :nufc:

Still they are nice things to have and I could fancy getting one someday.

However if Taylor throws me one I'll throw the fucker back :lol:

I like the Kappa one... too much white on the puma kit for me..

same here, not keen on the northern rock logo style either but a return to the blue trim on black and white would be welcome for me

Guest Eleven Donkeys
I've got a horrible feeling it will be an Ashley company like Lonsdale.

Inevitable. Being on both sides of the negotiating table has distinct advantages, and we‘ve already seen Ashley adopt this approach when selling advertising space at St James’ Park.

The day the graffiti defacing the Gallowgate is removed is the day our club starts to regain it’s dignity.

id always thought that was ashleys intention anyway , his brands making the kit, sponsoring the club and future players , launching his brands and business's on a global level , i was all for that ,fair play to the bloke... as long as he invested in the squad , which the fat cunt hasnt .