Adidas ditching The Toon

Guest Stevie

Vitalfootball reports that Wigan Athletic will announce a new shirt sponsorship deal at a press conference to be held at the JJB Stadium on Monday at 13:00.

The name of the new sponsor is a closely guarded secret, but rumoured to be a Norwegian company. Hyundai were also believed to be in negotiations to be the club sponsors and have their logo on the team shirts next season.

The shirt sponsorship deal is believed to be worth £800,000 for the 09/10 season with a clause to extend the shirt sponsorship.

The press conference will also see the re-naming of the stadium from the JJB to the DW Stadium and this will take place with immediate effect.

It is also expected that the club will soon announce that Vandanel will be their new kit manufacturers for the 09/10 season

Source: http://www.footballshirtculture.com/200903...rship-deal.html

Fuck me gently... Whelan doesn't think too much of himself at all, does he? :(

Greg said a few weeks back he doesn't own them anymore apparently.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldnt put it past Ashley to do a trick like that

I reckon he'll half the size of the club store and open a Sports Direct in the vacant space.

Why pay what must be expensive rent for all that space in Eldon square?

Vitalfootball reports that Wigan Athletic will announce a new shirt sponsorship deal at a press conference to be held at the JJB Stadium on Monday at 13:00.

The name of the new sponsor is a closely guarded secret, but rumoured to be a Norwegian company. Hyundai were also believed to be in negotiations to be the club sponsors and have their logo on the team shirts next season.

The shirt sponsorship deal is believed to be worth £800,000 for the 09/10 season with a clause to extend the shirt sponsorship.

The press conference will also see the re-naming of the stadium from the JJB to the DW Stadium and this will take place with immediate effect.

It is also expected that the club will soon announce that Vandanel will be their new kit manufacturers for the 09/10 season

I can't imagine DW standing for anything else though...

He is in the process of buying back some parts of JJB but Ashley has been trying to get in the way and make them go bust.

Edited by Greg

I can't imagine DW standing for anything else though...

:( Never even thought of that.

Interesting concept I guess. Will look better with the squad numbers on it etc. At least it's better than that previous one that "leaked"... which isn't saying much though :(

yeh I'd heard it was meant to be based on one of our "classic kits" shit idea if you ask me they never look particularly good apart from that arsenal one which was ok but thats only because they only really took the colour from it

Interesting concept I guess. Will look better with the squad numbers on it etc. At least it's better than that previous one that "leaked"... which isn't saying much though :(

Saw a leaked picture of the back of the shirt, red lettering, it looked class.

I tend to like classic, simple designs. This might be taking it a bit too far, but nevertheless as long as it's simple, I think it's hard to complain too much. If you think it's too plain, then don't buy it, but it's better than it being horribly garrish. I quite like the old-school look of the numbers. I'll like it even more if they leave off the player names. It looks good on American Football, Baseball and Basketball jerseys (I can call those shirts 'jerseys' :( ) but I think that a "classic look" football shirt should be without names.

Edit: I think some of what looks bad about it is how high on the chest the crest appears. If it's a little lower, I think the shirt will look a lot better.

It could be also that Terry seems to be arching his back a bit in the picture... Big smile, tits out?

Edited by Zathras

I'm loving that shirt and hope it's the design they're going to use.

But surely the badge is wrong? Where's the 'ENGLAND' panel above it? :(

yeh I'd heard it was meant to be based on one of our "classic kits" shit idea if you ask me they never look particularly good apart from that arsenal one which was ok but thats only because they only really took the colour from it

You don't think this one was any good then? :(

c3c5_1.GIF

You don't think this one was any good then? :huh:

c3c5_1.GIF

never liked the collar to be fair

c3c5_1.GIF

Blasphemy !!!!!!!!

monty_python_brian_stoning.jpg

c3c5_1.GIF

Get out