Microcosm - Makems and Dyer

Phil K

Just thought that the makems performance today is everything Keiron Dyer isn't, and vice-versa. The makems are not exactly highly paid, Dyer is massively OVERpaid. The makems today put everything into their game today - Dyer couldn't give a shit. The makems sweated blood for their cause. Dyer hasnt raised a sweat since his last wrist job.

I could go on, but I am getting annoyed - and why, when we've just got the better of a team of makems and cheered me up for a pleasant change !

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uncalled for thread or have I missed something?

48571[/snapback]

The former.

48605[/snapback]

Yes and no Bridget. It was said at the time when Dyer's contract negotiations were happening, his "form" improved that it was all in aid of him getting his 80k a week. And what happened?

To watch the game today and see players who earn a fraction of our lot try their all you can understand how it irks supporters.

I'm no great fan of Dyer's, make no mistake. But he's an easy target and I find the anti-Dyer bile tedious.

Fair call Bridget.

Do you not think he brings it on himself by making himself such an easy target?

If I was able to find a bookie to take the bet, I'd be fairly confident that he will find fitness for Feb, March, April next season just in time for him to make the world cup squad.

I know only being able to watch the game on the telly means my view is limited but it was great to see Owen celebrate our third goal yesterday which means he was there although he was injured, was Dyer?

And at this moment I'm hard pressed to think of a time when Dyer, whilst injured, has been a part of the crowd watching the game.

I'm pretty apathetic about it all really, I think I've just got so used to him being injured that I don't even consider it anymore. Last season I though he had a good spell, but I've real concerns about his long term future and how long he can continue to play for. Dyer's being unpopular for a long time. Whilst some of the criticism has been justified (form/finishing/injury record) a lot of it strikes me as irrational, with Dyer singled out for personal criticism when he isn't exactly alone in his flawed behaviour.

48627[/snapback]

True about him not being alone and this then brings us back to the Souness singling out some and not others discussion in his clearing of the bootroom for Newcastle.

So how's the work no longer studying life working out?

We've missed Dyer while he's been out injured.  FACT.

48635[/snapback]

Actually that is surmise because we don't know what he would of contributed, if anything.

He is injured a lot and is paid a lot of money is FACT.

48635[/snapback]

Actually that is surmise because we don't know what he would of contributed, if anything.

48636[/snapback]

Sorry like, but I don't think it's too big a stretch to suggest that we have missed having a fit Kieron Dyer around.

48635[/snapback]

48636[/snapback]

Sorry like, but I don't think it's too big a stretch to suggest that we have missed having a fit Kieron Dyer around.

48645[/snapback]

Gemmill, FACT and "too big a stretch" I would say are not even remotely the same.

That's like saying we would score more goals if Bellars was still a Newcastle player - [leazes]FACT[/leaze] or [gemmill]bullshit[/gemmill].

As I said surmise and I gave you the FACT about Dyer.

Edited by sammynb

48635[/snapback]

48636[/snapback]

48645[/snapback]

Gemmill, FACT and "too big a stretch" I would say are not even remotely the same.

That's like saying we would score more goals if Bellars was still a Newcastle player - [leazes]FACT[/leaze or [gemmill]bullshit[/gemmill].

As I said surmise and I gave you the FACT about Dyer.

48648[/snapback]

Jesus wept. It is a fact that we have missed having a fit Kieron Dyer in the squad, same as it is a fact that we have missed a lot of the other players that have been out injured. You don't agree, which makes it a fact that you're wrong.

Jesus wept.  It is a fact that we have missed having a fit Kieron Dyer in the squad, same as it is a fact that we have missed a lot of the other players that have been out injured.  You don't agree, which makes it a fact that you're wrong.

48650[/snapback]

What utter crap Gemmill.

You refuse to entertain the thought that it is a FACT if certain players we recently disguarded were with us then we would be a stronger team and yet you wish to say that it is a FACT we are missing a fully fit Dyer.

Well yes we are missing a fully fit Dyer (happy now?) but for fuck sake when was the last time we actually played more than 6 games in a row with a fully fit Dyer???

Your comment was nothing more than surmise because guess what he's not fully fit is he?

I would say the return of a 31 year old peruvian will add more to the team than a fully fit Dyer ever will because Dyer is such a fuck up he will never maintain fitness for more than a handful of games a season.

Edited by sammynb

Jesus wept.  It is a fact that we have missed having a fit Kieron Dyer in the squad, same as it is a fact that we have missed a lot of the other players that have been out injured.  You don't agree, which makes it a fact that you're wrong.

48650[/snapback]

Well yes we are missing a fully fit Dyer

48651[/snapback]

So I'm right then? :nufc: Having another bad day mate? This one's got your knickers right in a twist.

48650[/snapback]

48651[/snapback]

So I'm right then? :nufc: Having another bad day mate? This one's got your knickers right in a twist.

48654[/snapback]

No I'm fine Gemmill, thanks for asking.

It would help if you quote me in full as opposed what you have choosen to do but as long as it supports your facts then it's all fine isn't it?

The beauty is I know you are smart enough to know I'm not wrong and that you are merely enjoying the Monday morning post match what if talking out your arse.

48650[/snapback]

48651[/snapback]

48654[/snapback]

No I'm fine Gemmill, thanks for asking.

It would help if you quote me in full as opposed what you have choosen to do but as long as it supports your facts then it's all fine isn't it?

The beauty is I know you are smart enough to know I'm not wrong and that you are merely enjoying the Monday morning post match what if talking out your arse.

48655[/snapback]

Hmmmm....all I said was that we've missed Dyer while he's been out injured. You wittered on about how it was impossible to know if we've missed him because we can't know if he would have played well had he been available. However the fact that we were denied his availability was IMO enough justification to say that we've missed him.

You've since agreed that we've missed a fully fit Dyer which is all I said. So you agree with me but you still wish to add caveats to what is really a very simple statement.

Hmmmm....all I said was that we've missed Dyer while he's been out injured.  You wittered on about how it was impossible to know if we've missed him because we can't know if he would have played well had he been available.  However the fact that we were denied his availability was IMO enough justification to say that we've missed him. 

You've since agreed that we've missed a fully fit Dyer which is all I said.  So you agree with me but you still wish to add caveats to what is really a very simple statement.

:(

Well yes we are missing a fully fit Dyer (happy now?) but for fuck sake when was the last time we actually played more than 6 games in a row with a fully fit Dyer???

For you Gemmill my son :nufc:

Hmmmm....all I said was that we've missed Dyer while he's been out injured.  You wittered on about how it was impossible to know if we've missed him because we can't know if he would have played well had he been available.  However the fact that we were denied his availability was IMO enough justification to say that we've missed him. 

You've since agreed that we've missed a fully fit Dyer which is all I said.  So you agree with me but you still wish to add caveats to what is really a very simple statement.

:o

For you Gemmill my son :nufc:

48660[/snapback]

I've taken the liberty of moving the bold part of your post. The fact that a player is injury-prone doesn't take away from the fact that you miss them when they're injured. Do you understand this yet? I'll knock something together on Paint if you need pictures. :(

I've taken the liberty of moving the bold part of your post.  The fact that a player is injury-prone doesn't take away from the fact that you miss them when they're injured.  Do you understand this yet?  I'll knock something together on Paint if you need pictures.  :(

48662[/snapback]

Jeepers you're in a patronising mood today! :nufc: