Hardest Footballer

MJD

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is very confusing.

It has a Liverpool vs Everton with 'Chelsea 85/86' above it and then 'West Ham United' below. :lol:

Nar it's Everton v Chelsea at Woodison. The Everton player is obviously Graeme Sharp, Colin Pates on the left, and the uncapped jock Doug Rougvie in the middle.

What's the 'West Ham United' bit for?

:lol: Have a guess.

What are you on about Tom? It's a programme for Chelsea-West Ham. The picture on the front is Chelsea (in their reddy-orange away kit) against Everton.

Am I missing something?

John Macnamee...

according to my old man.

On of many from his era, "hard" footballers disappeared in the 80's

one of the best but not a patch on Jimmie Scoular

It is very confusing.

It has a Liverpool vs Everton with 'Chelsea 85/86' above it and then 'West Ham United' below. :wub:

Nar it's Everton v Chelsea at Woodison. The Everton player is obviously Graeme Sharp, Colin Pates on the left, and the uncapped jock Doug Rougvie in the middle.

What's the 'West Ham United' bit for?

:lol: Have a guess.

What are you on about Tom? It's a programme for Chelsea-West Ham. The picture on the front is Chelsea (in their reddy-orange away kit) against Everton.

Am I missing something?

:lol:

Who the hell is John Anderson btw? :yahoo:

When he was still at the club, me Dad would often compare another 'right-half' - Nobby Solano - to Jimmy Scoular. Taking the piss, obviously.

Scoular used to wear boots like a bricky - once saw him hit by two 3rd division "enforcers"at the same time and they had to be carried off for treatment - they literally just bounced off him

Bernard could run off a two footed knee high challenge. Its amazing someone who got battered every game without fail and walked it off managed to become such a crock.

olivier bernard?

he was soft as shite.

Bernard could run off a two footed knee high challenge. Its amazing someone who got battered every game without fail and walked it off managed to become such a crock.

olivier bernard?

he was soft as shite.

Bollocks was he, he got smashed about pretty much every game and still got up for more. Can't remember too many injuries either in his first spell.

He wasn't hard in the "rip your head of and spit down your throat" sense but he definitely seemed indestructable at times.

Edited by Gejon

olivier bernard?

he was soft as shite.

Bollocks was he, he got smashed about pretty much every game and still got up for more. Can't remember too many injuries either in his first spell.

He wasn't hard in the "rip your head of and spit down your throat" sense but he definitely seemed indestructable at times.

Ive never seen a toon player take as many fouls as Bernard in his time here, he seemed to be getting kicked, elbowed and twatted every few mins, even Robert took him out once with a big hoof (as shown in the post above!)! Yet he always bounced back up and got on with it and dished a bit out as well.

Edited by Papa Lazaru

olivier bernard?

he was soft as shite.

Ive never seen a toon player take as many fouls as Bernard in his time here, he seemed to be getting kicked, elbowed and twatted every few mins, even Robert took him out once with a big hoof (as shown in the post above!)! Yet he always bounced back up and got on with it and dished a bit out as well.

It became stupid, you could guarantee every game without fail he would get at least one heavy whack. Must be because of the smell :lol:

Big Dunc

:lol:

duncan2.jpg

I heard that Shearer put Ferguson in his place when they were both here.

When I was taxi-ing, some lads told me about a sports dinner they'd been to where the speakers ( BoB Wilson, can't remember the other two) ALL put Shearer top of their Hard List.

Wilson told about a tunnel incident involving Shearer, saying he'd never seen eyes as cold as Shearers whilst he had some bugger pinned by the throat.

i wouldn't argue him (shearer) :lol:

olivier bernard?

he was soft as shite.

It became stupid, you could guarantee every game without fail he would get at least one heavy whack. Must be because of the smell :lol:

Graveson at Goodison- horrible bastard

olivier bernard?

he was soft as shite.

You reckon? Never shirked a 50-50.

Domi however.

olivier bernard?

he was soft as shite.

Domi however.

neither should any defender.

hardly makes him hard as nails because he didn't bottle a 50/50

olivier bernard?

he was soft as shite.

Domi however.

neither should any defender.

hardly makes him hard as nails because he didn't bottle a 50/50

I never said he was hard as nails. You said he was soft as shit though, which is bollocks imo.

Big Dunc

:D

duncan2.jpg

I heard that Shearer put Ferguson in his place when they were both here.

When I was taxi-ing, some lads told me about a sports dinner they'd been to where the speakers ( BoB Wilson, can't remember the other two) ALL put Shearer top of their Hard List.

Wilson told about a tunnel incident involving Shearer, saying he'd never seen eyes as cold as Shearers whilst he had some bugger pinned by the throat.

i wouldn't argue him (shearer) :)

Just ask Keith Gillespie.

Marlon Harewood, he's not really a footballer, how he came professional is a joke in the first place. Looks pretty scary though.

The whole Stoke first team would be in with a shout of that title too.

Roy Keane would be up there, along with Duncan Ferguson.