Shepherd versus Ashley

Ketsbaia

Fat Geordie twat or fat southern twat?  

103 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I can't make any sense of the drivel you post most of the time so getting a reference would be even more difficult.

Pointed out maybe, but yet to be disproved.

So, where do you think we will be in 5 more years of your mans time running the club, which will be 9 years of his "plan"?

Do you plan to play your part in contributing to these exciting times ahead ?

Or are you firmly sat at home since the attraction disappeared, like thousands more will do before his time is finished ?

That is MY prediction, which I made some time ago, and is unfortunately well on the way to fruition. What is yours ?

PS.....you still don't get what you said earlier do you ? :D Is your view from Brighton Grove still as shite as its always been. :icon_lol:

I've told you, you don't answer my questions so I'm not answering your latest ones until you do.

Where's Brighton Grove reference come from BTW, methinks you don't read things properly

Edited by Toonpack

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't make any sense of the drivel you post most of the time so getting a reference would be even more difficult.

Pointed out maybe, but yet to be disproved.

So, where do you think we will be in 5 more years of your mans time running the club, which will be 9 years of his "plan"?

Do you plan to play your part in contributing to these exciting times ahead ?

Or are you firmly sat at home since the attraction disappeared, like thousands more will do before his time is finished ?

That is MY prediction, which I made some time ago, and is unfortunately well on the way to fruition. What is yours ?

PS.....you still don't get what you said earlier do you ? :D Is your view from Brighton Grove still as shite as its always been. :icon_lol:

I've told you, you don't answer my questions so I'm not answering your latest ones until you do.

Where's Brighton Grove reference come from BTW, methinks you don't read things properly

oh, I do read things properly. You showed us earlier that your obsession with me [another one!] doesn't extend to reading my posts properly.........are you just typing away your hatred at Big Bad Fred who attracted you back to the club to make you feel better without reading anything anybody posts ? Others have told you the reality of their time [the Halls and Shepherd] in charge, not the make-believe-speculative-world you imagine may have happened........

In short, as this has slightly digressed, you know where I live - so you think, but you have said you live within spitting distance of SJP ? [ I had to make this obvious as you haven't been paying attention and haven't the sense to decipher your own posts]. What a shame it isn't close enough for you to actually go to games and support your man, but I understand the attraction you had, which was built up by those you loath, has gone.

The thing is, you quite like stating you think the club "would have gone bust" under the regime you hate that ironically saved if from going bust when they found it, so obviously as PP says are hardly going to watch everything they did go to ratshit, but you are shy of saying what you think will happen to it now in 5 years time, under the man who's direction you support. Strange. Why is this ? My prediction is that the club is in a decline, and after 5 more years of Ashleys "plan" [which you are supporting] making a total of 9 years of his "plan", we will be rooted firmly in no mans lands with thousands of supporters having deserted the club accordingly. Do you disagree, and if so, what do you think will happen instead ?

Edited by LeazesMag

In short, as this has slightly digressed, you know where I live - so you think, but you have said you live within spitting distance of SJP ? [ I had to make this obvious as you haven't been paying attention and haven't the sense to decipher your own posts]. What a shame it isn't close enough for you to actually go to games and support your man, but I understand the attraction you had, which was built up by those you loath, has gone.

The thing is, you quite like stating you think the club "would have gone bust" under the regime you hate that ironically saved if from going bust when they found it, so obviously as PP says are hardly going to watch everything they did go to ratshit, but you are shy of saying what you think will happen to it now in 5 years time, under the man who's direction you support. Strange. Why is this ? My prediction is that the club is in a decline, and after 5 more years of Ashleys "plan" [which you are supporting] making a total of 9 years of his "plan", we will be rooted firmly in no mans lands with thousands of supporters having deserted the club accordingly. Do you disagree, and if so, what do you think will happen instead ?

Link please :icon_lol:

Where'll we be in 5 years ?, 9 years away from state worse than McKeag had us in (not my words but as per a former fellow director, who they never sued for libel or defamation etc. strangely, maybe you should read his book)

You may hate Ashley I don't hate Halls/Shepherd, despite you keep saying it :D

The accounts and views of said accounts by independent commentators all agree about the trainwreck situation, but your infatuation with the "regime" just wont let you see it. They've made a Grade A arsehole out of you, you've swallowed their shite hook line and sinker :icon_lol::no Your lass is a dog and you are a mug (copyright Fred and Douggie c/o the fake sheik)

You've turned about 25% of their time in charge into a picture of 100% pure heaven. Shit man, this is the most anti Ashley board on the whole net and even here the split is all but 50/50.

Oh, and before you retort "you've swallowed the clubs propaganda", hook line etc. Not one of the facts or stats or data that I've posted has come from the club (unless you count the accounts as propaganda).

You post bumbling shite, you can't find an external source to back you up, you can't even dissect a post full of stats and destroy the author, I could do your replies for you, 14th in the rich list, Champions League, wahhhh wahhhh, pathetic :razz::icon_lol:

You can't even get your story straight man! You ridicule Villa for doing EXACTLY what you whine about NUFC not doing, it's beyond belief man.

You have nowt but comedy value :icon_lol:

P.S. Just supposing IF I didn't go to games now, would that invalidate all my opinions, you can't invalidate facts unfortunately, but my opinions ?? (a simple yes or no will do).

Link please :icon_lol:

Where'll we be in 5 years ?, 9 years away from state worse than McKeag had us in (not my words but as per a former fellow director, who they never sued for libel or defamation etc. strangely, maybe you should read his book)

You may hate Ashley I don't hate Halls/Shepherd, despite you keep saying it :D

The accounts and views of said accounts by independent commentators all agree about the trainwreck situation, but your infatuation with the "regime" just wont let you see it. They've made a Grade A arsehole out of you, you've swallowed their shite hook line and sinker :icon_lol::no Your lass is a dog and you are a mug (copyright Fred and Douggie c/o the fake sheik)

You've turned about 25% of their time in charge into a picture of 100% pure heaven. Shit man, this is the most anti Ashley board on the whole net and even here the split is all but 50/50.

Oh, and before you retort "you've swallowed the clubs propaganda", hook line etc. Not one of the facts or stats or data that I've posted has come from the club (unless you count the accounts as propaganda).

You post bumbling shite, you can't find an external source to back you up, you can't even dissect a post full of stats and destroy the author, I could do your replies for you, 14th in the rich list, Champions League, wahhhh wahhhh, pathetic :razz::icon_lol:

You can't even get your story straight man! You ridicule Villa for doing EXACTLY what you whine about NUFC not doing, it's beyond belief man.

You have nowt but comedy value :icon_lol:

P.S. Just supposing IF I didn't go to games now, would that invalidate all my opinions, you can't invalidate facts unfortunately, but my opinions ?? (a simple yes or no will do).

you're insane, as well as blind.

"The Villa model"...oh my fuckin God. What heights. Name me a club who has reached consistent high places in the top league without buying quality footballers at the going rate that the other top clubs themselves want ?

Your head is so far up your arse I'll be surprised your Sports Direct bog roll isn't coming out of your nose.

"The Villa model"...oh my fuckin God. What heights. Name me a club who has reached consistent high places in the top league without buying quality footballers at the going rate that the other top clubs themselves want ?

Your head is so far up your arse I'll be surprised your Sports Direct bog roll isn't coming out of your nose.

I never mentioned a "model".

You bleat on incessantly about spending HUGE sums on players (whether we have the cash or not), yet Villa do the same and you deride them.

Doesn't stack up at all, you're a bit unbalanced methinks.

I never mentioned a "model".

You bleat on incessantly about spending HUGE sums on players (whether we have the cash or not), yet Villa do the same and you deride them.

Doesn't stack up at all, you're a bit unbalanced methinks.

I'm not deriding the principle, idiot, its stating the obvious that not everybody can qualify for europe etc but the point is that if you don't attempt to, then you won't. Get it ? Comprehend ?

To put in the most basic terms, just for you, if you don't take a shot, you don't score a goal ? Understand ??

:D

All you Shepherd apologists are bonkers! The bloke drove the club to the brink of administration and after the fake sheik debacle he was "persona non grata" in Newcastle, but now because Ashley has displeased some by refusing to spend big and has instead concentrated on putting the club on course to becoming that rarest of things in EPL fooball, namely a profit making organisation, you would all have Shepherd back so he can borrow the club into extinction again and line his own and his families pockets with dubious warehouse deals etc. Mental absolutely mental!

An excellent post BB however I fear your words of wisdom will fall on deaf ears.

In fairness it is unfair to compare the two. Its a bit like comparing George Osbornes time as Chancellor to that of Gordon Brown. GB like Shepherd, ruled during a massive boom time and was able to do all sorts of things that Osborne cant even begin to contemplate until the crap he inherited has been sorted out.

Sure it hasnt been a smooth ride for Ashley and indeed he has also made it harder than it should have been, but at least the finances of the club are being addressed.

I am firmly in the camp that we would have been fucked had Shepherd remained.

All you Shepherd apologists are bonkers! The bloke drove the club to the brink of administration and after the fake sheik debacle he was "persona non grata" in Newcastle, but now because Ashley has displeased some by refusing to spend big and has instead concentrated on putting the club on course to becoming that rarest of things in EPL fooball, namely a profit making organisation, you would all have Shepherd back so he can borrow the club into extinction again and line his own and his families pockets with dubious warehouse deals etc. Mental absolutely mental!

An excellent post BB however I fear your words of wisdom will fall on deaf ears.

In fairness it is unfair to compare the two. Its a bit like comparing George Osbornes time as Chancellor to that of Gordon Brown. GB like Shepherd, ruled during a massive boom time and was able to do all sorts of things that Osborne cant even begin to contemplate until the crap he inherited has been sorted out.

Sure it hasnt been a smooth ride for Ashley and indeed he has also made it harder than it should have been, but at least the finances of the club are being addressed.

I am firmly in the camp that we would have been fucked had Shepherd remained.

Exactly. Different times. Makes a straight comparison between Ashley and Shepherd a bit pointless imo, as Shepherd would likely be operating in a very different way if he was still running the club. I think Allardyce's appointment was the start of that.

However.....the suspicion remains Ashley is an asset stripper ie sell your best players and replace them with inferior ones got for buttons. We will see this summer if he spends the Carroll money on the squad. If the club's starved of investment/ambition/success on the playing side you can't blame people for being a little nostalgic for the "glory years".

They both operated under very different circumstances with revenue growth in the 90s in football being at its apex and stalling now. However, they both oversaw KK walking out because he couldnt align to their financial vision for the club. As much as i think Ashley is a tosser, his status as a cockney means he gets vilified for that but its hardly mentioned about the previous board.

They both operated under very different circumstances with revenue growth in the 90s in football being at its apex and stalling now. However, they both oversaw KK walking out because he couldnt align to their financial vision for the club. As much as i think Ashley is a tosser, his status as a cockney means he gets vilified for that but its hardly mentioned about the previous board.

Hmmm. Are the two KK departures comparable? I alawys thought that KK walked out the first time because he couldn't hack the flotation and the City's demands rather than personal issues with the Board. That's just mny impression though. Whereas he was effectively forced out by Ashley/Llambias/Wise, that much is clear from the tribunal, so it seems more based on personal issues.

As a side issue, I assume the spending under the old regime was not only debt but also the flotation proceeds? Would be interesting to see how much money we burned through chasing success in the 90s.

I'm not deriding the principle, idiot, its stating the obvious that not everybody can qualify for europe etc but the point is that if you don't attempt to, then you won't. Get it ? Comprehend ?

To put in the most basic terms, just for you, if you don't take a shot, you don't score a goal ? Understand ??

Sadly you can't even start the game if you don't have the cash to buy even a penny floater.

Hmmm. Are the two KK departures comparable? I alawys thought that KK walked out the first time because he couldn't hack the flotation and the City's demands rather than personal issues with the Board. That's just mny impression though. Whereas he was effectively forced out by Ashley/Llambias/Wise, that much is clear from the tribunal, so it seems more based on personal issues.

As a side issue, I assume the spending under the old regime was not only debt but also the flotation proceeds? Would be interesting to see how much money we burned through chasing success in the 90s.

Not sure of the info before the flotation but we had £24Mill cash in the bank in 98 (which I presume is from flotation cash) the debt started in 99 (£9 Mill)

Edited by Toonpack

Sadly you can't even start the game if you don't have the cash to buy even a penny floater.

and you aren't going to make a contribution of your own, having stopped going to games now we aren't in europe etc, to help your man and the exciting times ahead he has "planned", as they are on the right road in your opinion ?

Hypocrite.

:icon_lol:

and you aren't going to make a contribution of your own, having stopped going to games now we aren't in europe etc, to help your man and the exciting times ahead he has "planned", as they are on the right road in your opinion ?

Hypocrite.

Really ???

In exactly the way i describe them, yes. The two financial situations aren't the same, the circumstances arent the same but KK's inability to align to their financial vision for the club is what led to him leaving in both instances.