Season ticket price cuts

Craig

Newcastle United reveal season ticket price cuts

SEASON tickets at Newcastle United are being slashed by 9%, managing director Derek Llambias revealed today.

Aware that many disillusioned diehards may not renew their season ticket after several years of on and off- field agony, the club made the unprecedented move.

It means United fans buying a season ticket for next season will be paying similar prices to those paid in 2007/08.

But there is a time limit – and fans wanting to renew their tickets for the same seats will have only until the end of May to take advantage of the offer.

Full details will be revealed in April, but United are promising:

A Gallowgate End season ticket will be cut to £494 after being £543 this term

More than 50% of all seats will be available to season ticket holders for £26 or less a game

A further expansion of the family enclosure with the majority of Milburn Stand Level Seven seats available at special family prices and parent and child season tickets available at the equivalent of £21 a match

Increasing the eligibility of junior price concessions from 16 to 18

Mr Llambias said: "At a time when money is tight for supporters, football clubs have to recognise the sacrifices people make to continue following their team and offer any assistance they can in making games affordable to watch.

"We have decided to reduce the majority of prices back to 2007/08 levels to help fans because we appreciate the big commitment they make in buying their season tickets every year.

"We are also further increasing the Family Enclosure and raising the age of the junior price concession to 18 because young supporters represent our future."

Ticket reductions will apply in most areas but there will be no changes to Platinum Club pricing.

United also revealed fans who had taken advantage of a three-year price freeze last summer can continue to pay for their season tickets in interest-free monthly payments by direct debit.

And a number of fans had also already committed to buying three years’ worth of season tickets in advance outright at a discounted rate.

Mr Llambias said: "Those fans who bought season tickets in advance have shown a great deal of faith in the club and I will be contacting them by letter to outline why their continued support remains crucial to everything we hope to achieve at Newcastle United going forward.

"It has been a tough season, nobody will pretend otherwise, but together we must all look to better times ahead."

Season ticket renewal packs will be sent out in April with a closing date at the end of May.

Prices will remain the same after this date but fans will not be guaranteed their seat after that period.

Source: http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcas...72703-22996123/

But there is a time limit – and fans wanting to renew their tickets for the same seats will have only until the end of May to take advantage of the offer.

Another bribe / con job then.

I know it's a moot point as I'm no longer a season ticket holder - but they can fuck right off IMO. If I was still up there, there's no way in hell I'd renew to line the pockets of those lying bastards.

Gallowgate was 494 last season. Effectively they've increased it by 9% for one season, realised barely anyone will pay it, so have made it what it was again. What a deal!!! A price freeze, with a 1 year price hike for this season.

Jinx, kind of. Thats how i see it though. Got to sign up before the transfer window too :mellow: I wonder why

i clicked on the next link down too to be met with the opening line

Kevin Nolan is officially now the worst behaved player in the entire Premier League

Cant wait til Bartons fit so they can start having bookings/horrific tackle competitions

If someone truly believes something, then surely that belief is unconditional?

Quote:

"At a time when money is tight for supporters, football clubs have to recognise the sacrifices people make to continue following their team and offer any assistance they can in making games affordable to watch."

If they truly believed that statement, and truly cared for the finances of the supporters, there would never be any time constraint.

Another one for the lies thread.

Woohoo, we're shit but we're cheap.

He's going to find that the crap football he's serving up will have far more bearing on renewals than a bit of apologetic discounting.

Anyway, they'll be buy one get one free if we go down I expect .

If someone truly believes something, then surely that belief is unconditional?

Quote:

"At a time when money is tight for supporters, football clubs have to recognise the sacrifices people make to continue following their team and offer any assistance they can in making games affordable to watch."

If they truly believed that statement, and truly cared for the finances of the supporters, there would never be any time constraint.

Another one for the lies thread.

Exactly. And the reduction would be more imo, if they were genuine. As others have pointed out it's only taking the price back to what they were prior to this season's significant increase. The extension of the family enclosure is more PR shite to hide they can't sell enough full price tickets too. It's a shame in a way because it would be nice if they were doing it for different reasons and when the club was on the up.

On the subject of season tickets, can anyone remember which year it was that they had that amnesty where they let you change the name on your season ticket if it was in somebody else's name?

Just been trying to work out where the fuck I've got 30 loyalty points from and was surprised to see I'd apparently been to Spurs and West Ham years ago, amongst others. :mellow:

Good news for me since I would be renewing anyway but the whole 'you must renew before you find out which wonderous players we are going to sign' thing is criminal.

Also if we do go down this decrease will certainly not be enough and they may need a rethink.

I think if we stay up this offer will almost certainly be extended beyond the end of May. Not sure that'll be enough like. There's a group of lads sit behind me who've been going for ages who all have STs and a few times (like Sunday) the whole 5 or 6 of them didn't even bother turning up and (presumably) just stayed in the Strawberry. Bonus for me as their patter is wick.