The Wire

scotty84

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watched the first couple of episodes of the Wire, slow and some of the acting is fucking atrocious, better than the Sopranos.....fuck right off

I'll stick with it though and if it's shit I'm going to come back on here and verbally tear 2J a new arsehole.

Watched the first couple of episodes of the Wire, slow and some of the acting is fucking atrocious, better than the Sopranos.....fuck right off

I'll stick with it though and if it's shit I'm going to come back on here and verbally tear 2J a new arsehole.

Who inparticular?

Who inparticular?

The big skinny black bloke 'lieutenant wood'

Who inparticular?

The big skinny black bloke 'lieutenant wood'

B)

Couldn't stand that bell-end

I recently watched the first few episodes of both the sopranos and the wire and im not that impressed with either, im hoping they get better. Atm The Shield shits on both of them

I recently watched the first few episodes of both the sopranos and the wire and im not that impressed with either, im hoping they get better. Atm The Shield shits on both of them

A glowing endorsement it one was ever needed. :lol:

finished the second series a couple of weeks ago. i heard a few people say its probably the weakest but i enjoyed it, it gave a total differnt feel to the program compared to the first.

having said that, i started the thrid a couple of days ago and its nice to get back fully into the characters from the 1st series!

can't wait to see what Omar's got in stall for Stringer!

• 1 month later...

Finished the final series last night. I feel empty now, miss it already!!

I also have been watching some of the old ones on BBC2, great show, really is.

'Yo String, wheres Wallace? String, wheres Wallace' Great scene.

The scene where DeAngelo is sent of with WeeBay, and thinks he is gonna get offed, but ends up feeding his fish is superb.

Been catching the odd episode on BBC2 and wondering if it was really as good as i remember it. But it's shit like that reminds me how great it was. The kid who went to his aunties (or was it his granny's) getting it too. Awesome stuff.

Edited by Happy Face

• 2 weeks later...
Guest alex

Anyone read any of the books by Simon btw? I've got Homicide (which was written ages ago but recently reissued) although I haven't got round to reading it yet.

Anyone read any of the books by Simon btw? I've got Homicide (which was written ages ago but recently reissued) although I haven't got round to reading it yet.

I've recently finished Homicide, it's a great read. Plus you'd be surprised at how much you see in the Wire happened in reality. Including the "when it came for you to fuck me" conversation between McNulty and Bunk. Wish I hadn't read the 'making of' bit at the end, Simon sounds like a bit of a dick tbh. But as my brother said, most geniuses are...

• 4 weeks later...

Just finished season 4 and started 5 last night. Can't believe ____ is shot dead at the end of 4!

Luckyluke - heard some good things about Homicide, going to have to give it a dabble