NUSC update from Supporters meeting

What is there to talk about 'going forward?' Correct me if at any point you see I'm wrong.

We pay up front for players but accept installments and deferred payment for our sales.

The administration, who have been here since summer 2007, refer to problems created during their own reign as "inherited problems."

The administration has lied numerous times about the club's debt (sorry - changed their position, which amounts to lying. Interestingly, the fact that the club is still in debt doesn't jive with the notion of paying up front for players. You pay money you don't have for players despite being in debt, but accept delayed payment? It doesn't make sense. And that's if the club is really supposed to be run on the "Arsenal sustainable spending model" or whatever crap he came up with after he had to backtrack.)

We've got 'top class' managers knocking on the door...but JK is still in charge, and so are Ashley's cronies CH and CC.

We try to negotiate good deals for our best players, but when the other clubs 'surprisingly' say no, we give in anyway (Given.)

We are spending 17 mil on non-player salaries. You think the tea lady is on a hefty wedge? Or do you think it's more likely going to someone else...

This looks like the biggest cover up since Roswell (that's a joke btw) and nobody with two brain cells to rub together should be buying it. These people are liars and NUFC will never be competitive or even safe again until they are gone.

In a nutshell :lol:

The point is....Whats the point in just turning up to tell them how crap they are? What is that going to achieve?

NUSC needs to decide whether it wants to remain a protest group or a supporters club. It cant be both.

Bit ironic you accusing them of having an agenda tbh.

And if you can't ask questions like the ones that were asked I'd turn it around and say what is the point of having the meetings? Bit of a rhetorical question really.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What is there to talk about 'going forward?' Correct me if at any point you see I'm wrong.

We pay up front for players but accept installments and deferred payment for our sales.

The administration, who have been here since summer 2007, refer to problems created during their own reign as "inherited problems."

The administration has lied numerous times about the club's debt (sorry - changed their position, which amounts to lying. Interestingly, the fact that the club is still in debt doesn't jive with the notion of paying up front for players. You pay money you don't have for players despite being in debt, but accept delayed payment? It doesn't make sense. And that's if the club is really supposed to be run on the "Arsenal sustainable spending model" or whatever crap he came up with after he had to backtrack.)

We've got 'top class' managers knocking on the door...but JK is still in charge, and so are Ashley's cronies CH and CC.

We try to negotiate good deals for our best players, but when the other clubs 'surprisingly' say no, we give in anyway (Given.)

We are spending 17 mil on non-player salaries. You think the tea lady is on a hefty wedge? Or do you think it's more likely going to someone else...

This looks like the biggest cover up since Roswell (that's a joke btw) and nobody with two brain cells to rub together should be buying it. These people are liars and NUFC will never be competitive or even safe again until they are gone.

In a nutshell :lol:

The point is....Whats the point in just turning up to tell them how crap they are? What is that going to achieve?

NUSC needs to decide whether it wants to remain a protest group or a supporters club. It cant be both.

They didn't turn up to tell them how crap they were. They turned up to ask questions of the people who are taking our money.

They are a supporters club. They do a lot besides pressuring the regime but as that's the main issue at the club currently it gets most of the headlines.

Theres nothing wrong with taking a de facto adverseral position - I remember having a chat with Mark Jensen a few years ago outside Upton park (deciding whether to go in as the game was on the point of being called off) when he asked me what I thought of The Mag - I said it had become too much part of the establishment and gave the club an easy ride - he replied that we had nothing to complain about (at the time) to which I said theres always something.

Even if Keegan was still here and Ashley had splashed the cash I think there would still have been a place for an "annoying" presence to keep the bastards in line - as it is I have no problem with hassling liars.

The lies about Bassong are a new low.

but when Bassong signed wasnt everybody moaning that he was a cheap, nothing, typical Wise buy?

Sorry I have been out of loop for a while. I am struggling to keep up.

but when Bassong signed wasnt everybody moaning that he was a cheap, nothing, typical Wise buy?

Nop.

Nop.

I'm all for bringing in bodies to bolster the squad, I just wish we'd also bring in some ready made players who fill me with the confidence to fit straight into the first team.

Your words Jonny mate.

Nop.

I'm all for bringing in bodies to bolster the squad, I just wish we'd also bring in some ready made players who fill me with the confidence to fit straight into the first team.

Your words Jonny mate.

But he didn't say he was cheap, nothing or a typical Wise buy.

Nop.

Your words Jonny mate.

I think it was the general consensus. Just reading back through the thread where I questioned Xiscos credentials. Thats a right laugh.

Its tough being right all the time.

Guest Stevie

Nop.

Your words Jonny mate.

I think it was the general consensus. Just reading back through the thread where I questioned Xiscos credentials. Thats a right laugh.

Is it tough being a wayyyyynker all of the time as well?

Nop.

Your words Jonny mate.

Did we know Bassong was going to be ready made for the first team? no... i think his performances have been a pleasant surprise and frankly a relief to not only the fans but people at the club

Our squad needed strengthening over a year ago with numbers and quality and its never got it, infact we've lost more in that time

nicely ignored in the other thread btw danny, just how many football club forums do you have 500+posts or more on that aren't spurs :lol:

None but to be fair, there is no other teams board that posts more about Spurs.

Most of the time I might as well be on glory glory anyhow.

Its comedy how you spend more time talking about us than your local rivals.

I think we should all take a step back in regards to how good Bassong is, tbh.

The kid's new on the block, and does look good, but there will be a possibility next season of opposition coaches having 'worked him out' and playing on his weaknesses. If that is the case, we could have a completely different player on our hands.

Anyway, the above wont apply if we're in the Championship as he will be a newbie all over again to the teams in that league.

Sorry for getting off topic a bit.

I think we should all take a step back in regards to how good Bassong is, tbh.

The kid's new on the block, and does look good, but there will be a possibility next season of opposition coaches having 'worked him out' and playing on his weaknesses. If that is the case, we could have a completely different player on our hands.

Anyway, the above wont apply if we're in the Championship as he will be a newbie all over again to the teams in that league.

Sorry for getting off topic a bit.

He's still a bit raw but he has all the elements to be top class imo.

Theres nothing wrong with taking a de facto adverseral position - I remember having a chat with Mark Jensen a few years ago outside Upton park (deciding whether to go in as the game was on the point of being called off) when he asked me what I thought of The Mag - I said it had become too much part of the establishment and gave the club an easy ride - he replied that we had nothing to complain about (at the time) to which I said theres always something.

Even if Keegan was still here and Ashley had splashed the cash I think there would still have been a place for an "annoying" presence to keep the bastards in line - as it is I have no problem with hassling liars.

Yes, but it aint a democracy, its a private business. You me and noone else has a "right" to attend or ask questions. And yes you can answer but as the fans we deserve..... bla bla bla whatever, but there are no mass demonstrations and only 1% of the match attending fan base are members of nusc so the club can quite rightly tell you to fuck off.

In the spirit of "keeping your enemys closer" and all that, there are sometimes more than one way to skin a cat. These 4 members of NUSC currently have the chairmans ear, they are going to waste that opportunity by attending with an aggressive viewpoint and then writing whispers and gossip about james bond and the like.

How long do you think he is going to come along and play handbags with NUSC. Either he will tell them to fuck off or just send a subordinate along.

Just love irony Al baby

I don't, couldn't give a *** about what spurs are upto or sunderland for that matter

we've our own problems to moan about.

Thats as maybe but if you type it into the search you can pages of bile directed toward us on here.

Most of it made up stuff by Stevie but still.

Guest Stevie

No cunt talks about Spurs you mug apart from when you're here. You to us are like Orient to Man Utd.

Nop.

Your words Jonny mate.

I think you'll find I'm still not happy with the first team or the squad depth for that matter. And the time we signed Bassong we hadn't signed Coloccini as of yet, plus it was rumoured Faye was on his way out.

No talks about Spurs you mug apart from when you're here. You to us are like Orient to Man Utd.

Literally every post you make is about our support.

Even when I wasnt on here you were banging on. The others just seem to ignore you now. Which is fair enough because most of what you post has no grounding in reality whatsoever.

If Joe is unable to return then Derek isn’t worried. He brushed any such concern aside (seemingly forgetting the problems we had replacing the previous manager) saying, “If I could tell you the number of top class manager’s banging on my door right now...Top, top”.

Fucking hell who does that remind you of? :lol:

£5.9m for Given is abysmal - no wonder it was undisclosed. Turning into a nasty bastard at the end - really sounds like he welcomes the opinion of the fans.

Feels to me like squatters are in SJP at the moment - the fuckers are wrecking the place and we don't seem to be able to do much about it :doh:

Nop.

Your words Jonny mate.

I think you'll find I'm still not happy with the first team or the squad depth for that matter. And the time we signed Bassong we hadn't signed Coloccini as of yet, plus it was rumoured Faye was on his way out.

So Colocinni was the "wow" signing then.

Wonder what the Villa fans thought of Milner then ?

Fuckin tosspot.

you're right, quite a lot of people did complain about us qualifying regularly for europe, signing top class players, expanding the stadium and filling it every game.

Amazing like. Especially with hindsight.

Next time this happens - if it happens - hopefully people might appreciate it a bit more instead of whinging on about the odd PR gaffe which is totally irrelevant when put into context.