NUSC update from Supporters meeting

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Christ haway man, they're nearly 5000 words long. What do you want us to do hire JK Rowling in to tart them up? They are comprehensive and march exactly what happened that's what is important

Well isn't that what the membership fees are for? :icon_lol:

I'm grateful for the info by the way.

I don't believe the Xisco stuff at all. Only a few weeks ago, probably to explain away Kinnear's apparent refusal to even consider playing the lad, the club said he was bought as 'one for the future' - surely Wise's territory.

Yet now we're supposed to believe that the young French kid who's done well is a 'Dennis' signing while the young Spanish flop is Keegan's. Righto :icon_lol:

great writeup and some interesting points raised .

the comment regarding salarys is a really interesting one aswell , makes me wish id kept linked from articles reporting our wage outgoings from previous years . i remember report that had us turning 5mill profit per season after ashley arrived , and mike has loaned the club another 30+ million since...

there has been so many different reports of accounts your stuck with taking everything they say at face value , but it doesnt add up to me .

i was one of the first to raise concerns about ashley and have kept an eye on figures reported since he arrived and none of it add's up .

There is a very amateurish streak that runs through NUSC IMO.

But the fact remains, that NOBODY ELSE is doing anything practical about it and it's easy to spout off on an internet forum. The guys and gals putting in their time trying to get this off the ground have my respect. I do think they go about things in a strange way though sometimes and it's halting progress and turning some fans off.

I Agree - but they appear to be taking any criticisms towards them into account. Its a new thing, so it'll take a while to set up but i'm possitive that, provided it keeps going, it'll be a strong supporters group. They're clearly in it to change things for the better, so if nothing else, they have my support for that.

Yes, they do, I agree. It's amazing how normal language sounds really offensive once you're in the public domain. Nobody's going to take the NUSC seriously until it learns the language of diplomacy, at least in public. Saying that, most often they get it right, it's more at the begining when they were venting frustrations that it came across wrong. It's hard to live those reputations down though.

I agree totally which is why some of us got our way and changed things round. Moved away from the confrontational aspect and went more diplomatic.

As for your post CT then apologies but even you must see that almost everything you post is a direct argument against whatever we do, if we call for protest you argue it should be talks, when we talk to those in charge you make it out as if we were standing there offering the bloke outside yet the stuff you're quoting from says nothing of the sort.

We can and have taken criticism for stuff thats been done but its getting fairly tedious when even the good things are picked apart by the same people time after time. Make no mistake there would not be these discussions and the Journal interview if the NUSC did not exist.

As for the calling for us to be free so more will join well strangely thats what Llambias says as well, now why do you think he says that? is it because he wants us to be a 10,000 strong group? or because he knows that we will have neither the funds or more importantly the credibility to make a change?

Oh and Asprilla I agree totally about the amateurish comment, plainly and simply because thats what we are, none of us are experts in these things, none of us are used to producing press releases or working out how to take on a massive company. What we are is passionate about the club and what we believe in, passionate about setting up a proper supporters club and dedicated to making it work. If we could wake up tomorrow and all the shite around the football club was sorted and we could get down to just organising the other supporters club stuff then Id be a happy man but we cant. For now this is hanging over us and needs to be exposed. If it ever achieves change at the club then great but if it doesnt then at least we will know we tried.

Been back and read my original post again and honestly dont think it was too bad. NUSC and its members need to be able to accept constructive criticism as well as plaudits, particularly when discussing things on open public forums.

My main thrust was about the tone in which the article had been written and the problem that this would give the "facts" contained less credence amongst the wider fanbase. This is why I suggested it would be more beneficial to NUSC if they had been written in minutes format, ie without opinions and snide swipes.

The people who you are trying to attract are clever enough to read the fact and come to their own opinion.

This was all positive constructive criticism, not personal attacks. You will note that a few others have commented on the style of writing.

And re my position.

I would take keegan back in a heartbeat. The man is magical and I live in hope.

Do I bang my head against a brick wall at the syupidity of Ashley and how he's fucked my club up, yes.

Do I think LLambias is a sleazebag picking up a nice cheque without a care for the toon, yes.

Would i like to see NUSC or someone else form a proper independant supporters club like I see at Arsenal / Man U etc, yes.

Do I think NUSC are likely to achieve that by their current approach, no.

Unless Keegan is appointed as is customary tomorrow (wednesday), ahead of a big game, then I fear we are all stuck with each other for a long time. The best hope of Ashley selling will be if he can manage to reduce the debt and make the price more tempting to others.

In the meantime my opinion is that NUSC should attend these meetings in a constructive way and report the outcome in a minutes way. (Happy to come along and take the minutes).

Much more importantly they should get on and start creating this magnificent supporters club that is criminally missing at Newcastle. I still think the Arsenal one with their own pub near the ground etc is a good way to get people on board and generate some income.

Peaspud (or anyone) Have another look at their website and tell me thats not something that would be great to have at Newcastle.

http://www.arsenalsupportersclub.co.uk/ind...s/About-Us.html

afsc_3.jpg

dsc00009.jpg

supporters_club_bar.jpg

That's a canny post tbf. I think it's a real shame that it took something like this for a supporters' club to be formed. Disgrace when you think about the supporters' clubs that even many small clubs have.

That's a canny post tbf. I think it's a real shame that it took something like this for a supporters' club to be formed. Disgrace when you think about the supporters' clubs that even many small clubs have.

Fuck me I've arrived :icon_lol:

Tbf, you can understand why I was (am still am) a bit suss. You claim to be against the regime and what they've done and at the same time you've advocated appointing Wise as manager. You've had a pop at NUSC at every turn but not really offered an alternative way of doing anything (apart from keeping on getting shafted by the people in charge of the club). And the mackems were trying to get NUSC to have free membership (which you also advocate) in order to infiltrate it. And you go on about Boldon a lot :icon_lol:

Tbf, you can understand why I was (am still am) a bit suss. You claim to be against the regime and what they've done and at the same time you've advocated appointing Wise as manager. You've had a pop at NUSC at every turn but not really offered an alternative way of doing anything (apart from keeping on getting shafted by the people in charge of the club). And the mackems were trying to get NUSC to have free membership (which you also advocate) in order to infiltrate it. And you go on about Boldon a lot :icon_lol:

Dont want to spoil this moment by getting sucked into an argument :icon_lol: but re the points in bold.

Wise and Poyet and still think that would have been better for the "football" than continuing with Kinnear or Hughton and Calderwood. (Naturally my first choice would be KK or someone really good but that aint going to happen, especially from an owner who has probably spent £15 mill on compo in a year).

Can only call it as I see it and tbf I have joined. I view it as constructive and hope its just one opinion of many that will eventually lead to the Arsenal type set up.

Boldon, well lived here for over 40 years and growing up the ratio was 90% sunderland to 10% Newcastle, although that changed during the keegan years :icon_lol: now its about 65 / 35 I would say. So yes I have been defending the front line for a long time. Once as a kid even went to roker park (not for a derby) wearing my Newcastle top and got a kick in the mouth of this tiny little fucker who was obviously taking Judo or summit.

Also got taken to watch Sunderland play preston North End by a neighbour when I was 8 and threw up all over his car.

Dont want to spoil this moment by getting sucked into an argument :icon_lol: but re the points in bold.

Wise and Poyet and still think that would have been better for the "football" than continuing with Kinnear or Hughton and Calderwood. (Naturally my first choice would be KK or someone really good but that aint going to happen, especially from an owner who has probably spent £15 mill on compo in a year).

Can only call it as I see it and tbf I have joined. I view it as constructive and hope its just one opinion of many that will eventually lead to the Arsenal type set up.

Boldon, well lived here for over 40 years and growing up the ratio was 90% sunderland to 10% Newcastle, although that changed during the keegan years :icon_lol: now its about 65 / 35 I would say. So yes I have been defending the front line for a long time. Once as a kid even went to roker park (not for a derby) wearing my Newcastle top and got a kick in the mouth of this tiny little fucker who was obviously taking Judo or summit.

Also got taken to watch Sunderland play preston North End by a neighbour when I was 8 and threw up all over his car.

Wise in charge would be more honest like. Not sure it would be any better though, not least as he'd be afforded non of the goodwill Kinnear got (or is that just apathy? Not sure, to be honest). But anyway, I can't accept the current lot because of the lowered expectations where we've reached a stage where people are thinking along the lines of 'Wise is a bit better than Kinnear'. The danger of showing even a little bit of acceptance, to me, is that they'll think they've got away with it, if they don't already. So long as we stay up, obviously. Which will be hard over the next few seasons, even if we manage it this year. They've fucked the club up good and proper. They've lied to us and they've lied to KK and they're still lying imo. That's doesn't exonerate Shepherd and the Halls in any way either.

Edited by alex

Agree. Just think we are now stuck on the touchline with people in charge who are scared to be contraversial in team selection and unable / scared to make big tactical decisions such as when and who to substitute.

Dont blame them personally btw, its like getting the air hostess to land the jumbo.

I'd say JFK has a more convincing managerial track record than Wise. Academic I think, as he'd not do it and there'd be hell on if he did.

Poyet I've long thought is likely because of his previous with Wise, but really he's got very little on his CV to suggest he's up to it. He'd be a gamble. Being a good fit for the system is a pretty flimsy justification for appointing him. On the other hand we have so many fucking spud rejects on the books now another one probably won't make much difference either way.

'Change' is the current mantra of NUSC and I can't see how any NUFC fan can disagree with that. Ashley seems totally intransigent though. Keep Wise, Llambias and the structure (the structure could work potentially with different personnel) stick with Kinnear if/when he recovers properly, stick with Hughton until then. Suicidal incompetence on the part of those in charge imo.

'Change' is the current mantra of NUSC and I can't see how any NUFC fan can disagree with that. Ashley seems totally intransigent though. Keep Wise, Llambias and the structure (the structure could work potentially with different personnel) stick with Kinnear if/when he recovers properly, stick with Hughton until then. Suicidal incompetence on the part of those in charge imo.

If the current situation is not alarming Ashley enough into to try to change something then he is either man of steel or complete madman. His club is sliding toward the edge of the cliff. When he sacked Allardyce, Ashley claimed he was a man who acted on his instincts. Well if his instincts aren't screaming at him now to change something, I would be astounded.

Indeed. The trouble is, the only meaningful thing he could do (now the window's closed) to change things this season is to bring in a temporary manager. No guarantee it would work either.

With eleven games left, the best way to inject a bit of impetus would be to bring in a motivator, a player's man who could galvanize what we've got into playing above themselves. Can't think of anyone who fits the bill myself... :icon_lol:

Indeed. The trouble is, the only meaningful thing he could do (now the window's closed) to change things this season is to bring in a temporary manager. No guarantee it would work either.

With eleven games left, the best way to inject a bit of impetus would be to bring in a motivator, a player's man who could galvanize what we've got into playing above themselves. Can't think of anyone who fits the bill myself... :icon_lol:

:icon_lol:

Keeping sky news on today btw

Edited by Christmas Tree

The more I think about HF's point yesterday about the fact that the £100m loan from Ashley will hold its value, the more I think he's right and that's why Ashley is holding firm.

He's the majority creditor of NUFC - even if the club went to the wall he'd be at the front of the queue to get his money back.

Yes and Kinnear would probably take the golden handshake.

Snakehips summed this up best a few posts ago.

"His club is sliding toward the edge of the cliff"

"Well if his instincts aren't screaming at him now to change something, I would be astounded".

To become a billionaire he must be a ruthless bastard. Surely theres a time for ego and a time for whats right.

Edited by Christmas Tree

As long as NUSC is around, and I hope it's for a very long time, it will always be a case of "you're damned if you do, and you're damned if you don't", sadly.

Hopefully they'll realise this and not let it prevent them acheiving what they feel is best for the club.

Not everyone is going to agree with when / how / why / what they do, but I still think things would a lot worse without their presence.

Edited by Matty