Luton "Anti war demo"

Douggy B

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How are we all feeling about this?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics...ming-march.html

There are plenty of threads about freedom of speech on here but nothing about those that abuse that right.

Can you spell out why it is abusing a right?

The banners as stated in the article would be distasteful imo, but that is about it.

If you have freedom of speech (and demonstration) it has to apply to all to work.

There are plenty of threads about freedom of speech on here but nothing about those that abuse that right.

The banners as stated in the article would be distasteful imo, but that is about it.

If you have freedom of speech (and demonstration) it has to apply to all to work.

I think calling people butchers and r@pists who are just doing their jobs maybe considered as abusing that right, wouldn't you?

If I was holding up a placard saying something equally abusive and untrue about someone else I would be, quite rightly, charged.

I'm not exactly pro-war but I guess these folk have a right to voice their opinions, having said that there is a part of me that would like to see them parachuted into the heart of Afganistan and see how Islamic they feel then.

I think calling people butchers and r@pists who are just doing their jobs maybe considered as abusing that right, wouldn't you?

If I was holding up a placard saying something equally abusive and untrue about someone else I would be, quite rightly, charged.

There is a long anti-war tradition (demonstrations) in England, it just so happens these are brown men protesting against white men.

As I said the banners were distasteful.

I'm not exactly pro-war but I guess these folk have a right to voice their opinions, having said that there is a part of me that would like to see them parachuted into the heart of Afganistan and see how Islamic they feel then.

Maybe the Saudi's should cut off our oil. :baby:

There is a long anti-war tradition (demonstrations) in England, it just so happens these are brown men protesting against white men.

They were a tad more than distastefull IMO, if it'd been the other way around, or even football fans for that matter, there'd have been dogs in and baton charges.

Bet I wouldn't have been protected from "the mob" if I'd held up an "Allah is Satan" banner, I'd have been carted off and charged with one of the many loony-lefty laws this country now has.

They were a tad more than distastefull IMO, if it'd been the other way around, or even football fans for that matter, there'd have been dogs in and baton charges.

Bet I wouldn't have been protected from "the mob" if I'd held up an "Allah is Satan" banner, I'd have been carted off and charged with one of the many loony-lefty laws this country now has.

I would defend your right to hold up such a banner. :baby:

FWIW they are demonstrating against the wrong troops, British troops are much better in urban warfare etc...

It's the Americans who caused nearly all the civilian casualties.

Most sensible people would. We are not trying to tar people with the same brush but those responsible need to be bought to book.

Israel needs to be bought to book, but who's gonna do it? :baby:

These lads are just doing their job and shouldn't really be abused for it.

Any soldiers committing genuine offences will be court marshalled and punished accordingly and probably in some cases - very harshly.

My friend has been to Iraq twice and he works in logistics, delivering supplies as part of an army convoy etc etc.

He has probably never fired his weapon and I doubt he has even had cause to pick it up, yet these people would have him down as a murdering rapist?

Right Oh :baby:

Most sensible people would. We are not trying to tar people with the same brush but those responsible need to be bought to book.

You're ridiculous.

You're ridiculous.

Netted. :D

You're ridiculous.

Typical lefty, runs out of any kind of sensible argument and attempts to fall back on "humour"

You're ridiculous.

Typical lefty, runs out of any kind of sensible argument and attempts to fall back on "humour"

Lefty?

You're ridiculous.

Lefty?

Netted.

I'm anti-war but I think those involved in the protests are daft cunts. You've got to recognise their right to protest but the squaddies weren't the ones who orchestrated the war on a lie.

I'd have no qualms if they stood outside Tony Blair's house with their signs and banners but the soldiers? That's just daft.

Edited by Ketsbaia

I'm anti-war but I think those involved in the protests are daft cunts. You've got to recognise their right to protest but the squaddies weren't the ones who orchestrated the war on a lie.

I'd have no qualms if they stood outside Tony Blair's house with their signs and banners but the soldiers? That's just daft.

Agreed.

:baby:

Spot on.

Guest Stevie

Disgrace, the scurge of this island. I was listening to this total cunt on Talksport today representing the International ISLAMIC Front, saying we are a corrupt country and he's ashamed there's no sharia law here and ashamed to be born here, and we are a dictatorship, Parry basically said fuck off somewhere else you cunt then and take the rest of the people like you with you, first time I've stood and applauded a bloke on the radio.

Edited by Stevie

Disgrace, the scurge of this island. I was listening to this total cunt on Talksport today representing the International ISLAMIC Front, saying we are a corrupt country and he's ashamed there's no sharia law here and ashamed to be born here, and we are a dictatorship, Parry basically said fuck off somewhere else you cunt then and take the rest of the people like you with you, first time I've stood and applauded a bloke on the radio.

Good luck to him on finding a country with Sharia law that isn't corrupt.