Altogether now

peasepud

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't any of the media big boys (BBC, SSN) want to talk to NUSC over the last couple of days Pud?

I find it a bit disappointing that they'd rather get quotes from passing doleys and a toad woman dressed heat to toe in club merchandise.

Didn't any of the media big boys (BBC, SSN) want to talk to NUSC over the last couple of days Pud?

I find it a bit disappointing that they'd rather get quotes from passing doleys and a toad woman dressed heat to toe in club merchandise.

NUSC were asked for comment from a number of sources, I know that 4 people were on the phone from 7am giving interviews and comment. Trouble is I think our simple "it can only be a good thing now lets all get behind the team for the next 8 games" type of statement isnt what they are necessarily looking for (as we know especially with SSN) and therefore they'll still go and hunt out every doyle they can.

Guest Eleven Donkeys

Does this mean NUSC and the local press are back on good terms after the Lee Ryder blog incident?

Where and when are the balloons being let off?

Does this mean NUSC and the local press are back on good terms after the Lee Ryder blog incident?

Where and when are the balloons being let off?

We have always had a good relationship with the Ronnie tbh although that seemed to be down the crapper with the Ryder blog. Ryder and a couple of NUSC members sat down and had a few beers and discussions and it was seen where both sides had made mistakes in the way certain things were reported. Lee (see we're even on first name terms :razz: ) supports the NUSC and its aims its just he wasnt too happy on how we put some stuff and the fact someone alluded to him being a makem (which obviously isnt true). At the same time he acknowledges that his rant on the blog wasnt the most professional of things regardless of how he felt.

Oh and I reckon he also realises now that using N-O as a gauge for how Newcastle fans actually feel is a bit how do you say? flawed :lol:

And its down in the Ronnie as being half an hour before kick off when we release the balloons but Im not sure of that as I reckon it'll be a bit too busy round Shearers at that time. I'll do some checking and post the time.

Aye it was a bit of a goin on. Looks like someone forgot to turn up with the PA, then they said they were waiting for traffic control!

Then a copper came over and told them to get a move on as the crowds were blocking the roads. They waited another five minutes before finally releasing them.

Nice bit of PR with a good crowd re-action.

Yeah, we had to give air traffic control 15 mins notice so they were ready for them suddenly appearing on radar and such! The generator took its time getting there, we had the PA all ready but couldnt set it going without a generator.