When I open this.

...you'll just have to wait..

...she said love dont come easy....

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People whinging for people to be banned are far worse than any racist posts tbh

At least racist posts don't give the impression of a small child sobbing in the corner.....OMG BAN HIM MUMMY

At least racist posts don't give the impression of a small child sobbing in the corner.....OMG BAN HIM MUMMY

Agree wholeheartedly, it's exactly what Stevie was doing before he got banned himself, just because I baited him a little bit. He shouldn't make himself just an easy target tbf :D

You've got a Scottish flag. :D

You just know your time is coming........

What a thread :icon_lol:

I've been reduced to tears of laughter twice by reading stuff on the internet, once was by Stevie a couple of years ago. He's bright, funny and challenging at the same time, i get PP's arguments about the board's reputation but dismiss the decency argument, if you want decency, get off the internet, its a vile, unregulated sordid place and imo a bit of mild racism is the least of people's worries.

Its built into our genetic code anyway, i would classify an instinctive suspicion of unfamiliar looking people as being what was termed 'evolutionary' or 'a priori knowledge' in Popper's epistemology.

:D

I've been reduced to tears of laughter twice by reading stuff on the internet, once was by Stevie a couple of years ago. He's bright, funny and challenging at the same time, i get PP's arguments about the board's reputation but dismiss the decency argument, if you want decency, get off the internet, its a vile, unregulated sordid place and imo a bit of mild racism is the least of people's worries.

Its built into our genetic code anyway, i would classify an instinctive suspicion of unfamiliar looking people as being what was termed 'evolutionary' or 'a priori knowledge' in Popper's epistemology.

A very good post, particularly the bit about being genetically pre wired.

While I would not consider myself a racist, there are situations when I act in ways that could only be described as racist. I am sure this is very true in all races.

We probably can't discuss these things on here which is a shame. Let's just brush issues under the carpet rather than exploring different ideas.

I think most people / races are racist.

Disagree. Most people are not racist imo. Most people are merely victims of the bleeding heart twats' definition of being a racist. The vast majority of us have been caught in the world of the pc wankers and the perceived belief that if one acts outside their parameters therefore makes us baaaad and destined for hell.

While I would not consider myself a racist, there are situations when I act in ways that could only be described as racist. I am sure this is very true in all races.

We probably can't discuss these things on here which is a shame. Let's just brush issues under the carpet rather than exploring different ideas.

I think its hilarious watching people prance about issues like whether calling chinese food a 'chinkies' is racist when the dominating polemic in China is the superiority of the chinese race.

I think its hilarious watching people prance about issues like whether calling chinese food a 'chinkies' is racist when the dominating polemic in China is the superiority of the chinese race.

Is that like an epidemic of poles? Christ, I thought you'd find that in Poland instead.

Oh Christ, did that sound racist? I whole heartedly apologize to the Polish. I told those jokes as a kid without even realizing they were racist. LIKE A TREE GROWING BY THE WATER, WE SHALL NOT BE MOVED.

China is scary, but Western media seems to shy away from portraying the truth for some reason.

Disagree. Most people are not racist imo. Most people are merely victims of the bleeding heart twats' definition of being a racist. The vast majority of us have been caught in the world of the pc wankers and the perceived belief that if one acts outside their parameters therefore makes us baaaad and destined for hell.

Aye by a PCer than thou definition EVERYTHING is racist (even things that have absolutely nothing to do with "race").

Everyone is xenophobic to a degree (even those that pathologically against it - they still create groups in their own mind that they dislike for no real reason - like the animal right or anti-abortion nutters that kill people :D), it probably is genetic, as it would likely help survival in a prehistory tribal/hunter-gather time.

Aye by a PCer than thou definition EVERYTHING is racist (even things that have absolutely nothing to do with "race").

Everyone is xenophobic to a degree (even those that pathologically against it - they still create groups in their own mind that they dislike for no real reason - like the animal right or anti-abortion nutters that kill people :D), it probably is genetic, as it would likely help survival in a prehistory tribal/hunter-gather time.

Rubbish.

Everyone is xenophobic to a degree (even those that pathologically against it - they still create groups in their own mind that they dislike for no real reason - like the animal right or anti-abortion nutters that kill people :nufc:), it probably is genetic, as it would likely help survival in a prehistory tribal/hunter-gather time.

Rubbish.

Fop bets it is (or has a common genetic component that effects the behaviour) for a start it's too common; it's everywhere and always has been (even though the West seems determined to claim it for its own there much worse/more extreme between non-western groups today than there is in the West).

Plus it likely has a positive aspect when viewed in a "caveman" setting (small wandering territorial groups - they'd need it as much as Chimpanzee's), much like depression, or needing to believe in the Flying Spaghetti monster, is a behavioural genetic throw back to those times.

That's not to say the "fat argument" should be applied to it ("it's all in our genes we can't help it *munches another hamburger*"), but equally you can never deny the truth, even if it would be nicer to do so.

Everyone is xenophobic to a degree (even those that pathologically against it - they still create groups in their own mind that they dislike for no real reason - like the animal right or anti-abortion nutters that kill people :nufc:), it probably is genetic, as it would likely help survival in a prehistory tribal/hunter-gather time.

Rubbish.

Fop bets it is (or has a common genetic component that effects the behaviour) for a start it's too common; it's everywhere and always has been (even though the West seems determined to claim it for its own there much worse/more extreme between non-western groups today than there is in the West).

Plus it likely has a positive aspect when viewed in a "caveman" setting (small wandering territorial groups - they'd need it as much as Chimpanzee's), much like depression, or needing to believe in the Flying Spaghetti monster, is a behavioural genetic throw back to those times.

That's not to say the "fat argument" should be applied to it ("it's all in our genes we can't help it *munches another hamburger*"), but equally you can never deny the truth, even if it would be nicer to do so.

Rubbish. Racism is clearly a case of nurture rather than nature. Imagine you have two kids, and one grows up in a family with siblings of different races and tolerant liberal parents, and the other grows up in all-white family where the parents are Ku Klux Klan members and preach hatred towards other races. Which child do you think will most likely end up with racist attitudes?

Honestly Fop, you don't half talk bollocks. Let me know when they find the 'racist gene' (cue frantic googling by Fop).

Everyone is xenophobic to a degree (even those that pathologically against it - they still create groups in their own mind that they dislike for no real reason - like the animal right or anti-abortion nutters that kill people :icon_lol:), it probably is genetic, as it would likely help survival in a prehistory tribal/hunter-gather time.

Rubbish.

Rubbish. Racism is clearly a case of nurture rather than nature. Imagine you have two kids, and one grows up in a family with siblings of different races and tolerant liberal parents, and the other grows up in all-white family where the parents are Ku Klux Klan members and preach hatred towards other races. Which child do you think will most likely end up with racist attitudes?

Honestly Fop, you don't half talk bollocks. Let me know when they find the 'racist gene' (cue frantic googling by Fop).

As Fop already mentioned such "tolerant liberal parents" (which is a ridiculous stereotype in itself, of course :wacko:) tend to draw their own prejudicial lines (different lines, to be sure, but prejudicial lines never the less).

Such things are likely as genetically built in as things like depression and a need to believe in a flying spaghetti monster are........ and like those had positive evolutionary effects once upon a time (maybe even still do :icon_lol:).

That's not to say environment doesn't have some effect, but given it is a humanity wide condition (all strife on the planet is - including Toontastic :nufc:, always has been and likely always will be about arbitrary "lines" and separations - "us and them", be they racial, religious or tribal) clearly is it us and not just our environment.

The only rubbish is that people need to be "conditioned" to be that way, where as in reality they generally need to be "conditioned" not to be, and as mentioned even then it's usually still there only in a hidden or "acceptable" way.

I dont know about genes etc. Where does "instinct" come into it? Its not nurture for a cat to hate a dog etc. There are lots of examples (probably) of these sort of situations in the animal world.

Probably a load of bollocks but I leave it in.

Generally it's a good idea to ignore Renton in situations like that, he'd argue black was white if Fop said it wasn't and it doesn't matter how utterly clueless he is on the subject (as the CPU thread showed :nufc:), and then he gets confused about Fop's "convictions". :wacko:

Humans have lots of evolutionary "hang ups", and whilst they don't "control" you as such, they can and do influence your patterns of behaviour, thought and such (although it seems to be rather human not to always want to believe this).

The issue is to best them, not to pretend they don't exist. :icon_lol:

Everyone is xenophobic to a degree (even those that pathologically against it - they still create groups in their own mind that they dislike for no real reason - like the animal right or anti-abortion nutters that kill people :icon_lol:), it probably is genetic, as it would likely help survival in a prehistory tribal/hunter-gather time.

Rubbish.

As Fop already mentioned such "tolerant liberal parents" (which is a ridiculous stereotype in itself, of course :wacko:) tend to draw their own prejudicial lines (different lines, to be sure, but prejudicial lines never the less).

Such things are likely as genetically built in as things like depression and a need to believe in a flying spaghetti monster are........ and like those had positive evolutionary effects once upon a time (maybe even still do :icon_lol:).

That's not to say environment doesn't have some effect, but given it is a humanity wide condition (all strife on the planet is - including Toontastic :nufc:, always has been and likely always will be about arbitrary "lines" and separations - "us and them", be they racial, religious or tribal) clearly is it us and not just our environment.

The only rubbish is that people need to be "conditioned" to be that way, where as in reality they generally need to be "conditioned" not to be, and as mentioned even then it's usually still there only in a hidden or "acceptable" way.

That just sounds like worsd salad Fop.

As I'm sure you know genes encode proteins and I find it pretty hard to believe that racism has a physical basis in a protein, especially when there's so much evidence it is an acquired behaviour, as given by my example (stereotyped or not).

I dont know about genes etc. Where does "instinct" come into it? Its not nurture for a cat to hate a dog etc. There are lots of examples (probably) of these sort of situations in the animal world.

Probably a load of bollocks but I leave it in.

Generally it's a good idea to ignore Renton in situations like that, he'd argue black was white if Fop said it wasn't and it doesn't matter how utterly clueless he is on the subject (as the CPU thread showed :nufc:), and then he gets confused about Fop's "convictions". :wacko:

Humans have lots of evolutionary "hang ups", and whilst they don't "control" you as such, they can and do influence your patterns of behaviour, thought and such (although it seems to be rather human not to always want to believe this).

The issue is to best them, not to pretend they don't exist. :icon_lol:

I'd argue black was white? Ffs, talk about pots and kettles.

If you have to sink to an anology about cats and dogs to support your theory on the genetic basis of racism, I think you're in trouble.

Rubbish.

As I'm sure you know genes encode proteins and I find it pretty hard to believe that racism has a physical basis in a protein, especially when there's so much evidence it is an acquired behaviour, as given by my example (stereotyped or not).

I don't know why you bother, Renton, I really don't. I don't know why anyone bothers replying to him tbh.

Rubbish.

As Fop already mentioned such "tolerant liberal parents" (which is a ridiculous stereotype in itself, of course :icon_lol:) tend to draw their own prejudicial lines (different lines, to be sure, but prejudicial lines never the less).

Are you now saying genes have no influence over an organisms behaviour? :wacko:

You do argue yourself into some patently ridiculous corners in your attempts to disagree with Fop, although this one must be a record in several ways. :icon_lol:

I don't know why you bother, Renton, I really don't. I don't know why anyone bothers replying to him tbh.

When they are implying that genes cannot influence an organisms behaviour because they are "encoded proteins" (and Fop guesses: "Renton -and they are just made up of atoms, do atoms control you or me? Well do they??? :wacko:" :icon_lol:)........ then neither does Fop. :nufc:

Honestly what he's saying is frankly potty and against most all biology of the last 200 years. :icon_lol:

Either Renton knows something no one else does and will one day have his name taken in the same sentence as Darwin.... or he is just a twit. :icon_lol::icon_lol:

If you have to sink to an anology about cats and dogs to support your theory on the genetic basis of racism, I think you're in trouble.

Fop (and the whole world) eagerly awaits your earth-shattering publication on our new understanding of genes (and spelling). :nufc:

Rubbish.

As Fop already mentioned such "tolerant liberal parents" (which is a ridiculous stereotype in itself, of course :icon_lol:) tend to draw their own prejudicial lines (different lines, to be sure, but prejudicial lines never the less).

Are you now saying genes have no influence over an organisms behaviour? :wacko:

You do argue yourself into some patently ridiculous corners in your attempts to disagree with Fop, although this one must be a record in several ways. :icon_lol:

Where did I say the statement in red? Talk about using a strawman argument.

Of course genes influence behaviour, I just don't think they explicitly influence racism in this context. If you have any real evidence that racism is hard-wired into us, please post it (without googling please).

When they are implying that genes cannot influence an organisms behaviour because they are "encoded proteins" (and Fop guesses: "Renton -and they are just made up of atoms, do atoms control you or me? Well do they??? :wacko:" :icon_lol:)........ then neither does Fop. :nufc:

Honestly what he's saying is frankly potty and against most all biology of the last 200 years. :icon_lol:

Either Renton knows something no one else does and will one day have his name taken in the same sentence as Darwin.... or he is just a twit. :icon_lol::icon_lol:

I think you're the one taking an unorthodox view here Fop, not me.

How ironic that you just criticised me for making ad hominem attacks btw and yet that's all you've done to me today; that and make straweman arguments.

Anyway, Snake is right and this getting tedious. The build up to the match is now on, I'm off.