Stevie says...

smoggeordie

Fop just feels for the victims of piracy and the undue suffering allowing the Jolly Roger to be displayed causes. :D

I thought it was for all us St Pauli supporters!

Oh and danny just because you haven't been told yet today, fuck off you stupid, pathetic cunt.

:icon_lol:

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, Next up Wackys avatar. If were going to do this, how about we do it properly?

You had a point with the flag. You can get fucking stuffed if you think we're changing everything on this forum just to suit you though... :D

And therein lies your problem. You either make the same rules for everyone or ditch them all together.

Wacky and the other fellas avatars are more offensive than anything Stevie has been quoted on.

So what are you going to be? A board free of r@cism, or a board free to do / say what they please.

Somewhere in between as previously stated.

As Alex alludes too perhaps we should close the Films thread seeing as there's quite a few in there that dramatises the second world war and what went on.

The flag choices are something we as the admin can control. We're not about to vet avatar choices on an individual basis. Steve (who had the Bosnich one) would have been chosen as it is representative of the fact that:

1) He's an Aussie

2) He f*cking detests Spurs

Perhaps you should take it up with the British press for publishing it in the first place?

Course if you have a problem with that you can always go and post somewhere else.

Do me a favour, are you sure you don't work in comet? So if he hates spurs its ok posting up pro n@zi imagery? A film about the war can't even be compared. You would have to be brain dead to think it did.

The British press printed it to lambaste the idiot and rightly so, Steve / Wackys avatars are there purely to cause offence.

Pure unadulterated ignorance.

Fwiw, I agree in the main.

You had time to answer there though I notice :icon_lol:

So why even make the comparison with the film thread?

I made a tongue-in-cheek reference to The Producers as a joke. Seeing as Mel Brooks is Jewish (and to anyone who's seen the film) I thought that would have been obvious that it wasn't a serious point. However, I'll ask you this - why do you think it's ok for Stevie to say stuff on the grounds that 'he doesn't mean it and it's only to wind people up' yet think these avatars are off limits? They're obviously just to wind you up imo. And they've worked.

OK, Next up Wackys avatar. If were going to do this, how about we do it properly?

You had a point with the flag. You can get fucking stuffed if you think we're changing everything on this forum just to suit you though... :D

And therein lies your problem. You either make the same rules for everyone or ditch them all together.

Wacky and the other fellas avatars are more offensive than anything Stevie has been quoted on.

So what are you going to be? A board free of r@cism, or a board free to do / say what they please.

As Alex alludes too perhaps we should close the Films thread seeing as there's quite a few in there that dramatises the second world war and what went on.

The flag choices are something we as the admin can control. We're not about to vet avatar choices on an individual basis. Steve (who had the Bosnich one) would have been chosen as it is representative of the fact that:

1) He's an Aussie

Perhaps you should take it up with the British press for publishing it in the first place?

Course if you have a problem with that you can always go and post somewhere else.

Do me a favour, are you sure you don't work in comet? So if he hates spurs its ok posting up pro n@zi imagery? A film about the war can't even be compared. You would have to be brain dead to think it did.

The British press printed it to lambaste the idiot and rightly so, Steve / Wackys avatars are there purely to cause offence.

I made a tongue-in-cheek reference to The Producers as a joke. Seeing as Mel Brooks is Jewish (and to anyone who's seen the film) I thought that would have been obvious that it wasn't a serious point. However, I'll ask you this - why do you think it's ok for Stevie to say stuff on the grounds that 'he doesn't mean it and it's only to wind people up' yet think these avatars are off limits? They're obviously just to wind you up imo. And they've worked.

Looking forward to the ans. :)

1) He's an Aussie

Because the examples the Admin have produced are at worst Xenophobic rather than full on r@cist.

The avatars are not there to "wind up" they are there to cause offence and they are a lot more offensive than calling someone a "french so and so".

I shouldn't have to explain this to a "clever" guy like you Alex.

Edited by Danny B

ADMIN HOW ABOUT GETTING YOUR OWN HOUSE IN ORDER AND REMOVING THAT FLAG?

what flag?

Yours.... it's pirateist. :icon_lol:

what flag?

:D The N@zi (sic) one.

Fop just feels for the victims of piracy and the undue suffering allowing the Jolly Roger to be displayed causes. :icon_lol:

I thought it was for all us St Pauli supporters!

Oh and danny just because you haven't been told yet today, fuck off you stupid, pathetic cunt.

Kick it out! :D

1) He's an Aussie

Because the examples the Admin have produced are at worst Xenophobic rather than full on r@cist.

The avatars are not there to "wind up" they are there to cause offence and they are a lot more offensive than calling someone a "french so and so".

I shouldn't have to explain this to a "clever" guy like you Alex.

I'm asking you why Danny. You'd have a point if you complained about stuff he said before but on the contrary you've defended it. And he was more offensive than that. E.g. Irish cunts, fuck off to a kabbadi board and so on. I don't really think you have explained it tbh. Not sure if you're just a hypocrite or really missing Stevie. Or both.

Also, morally what's the difference between xenophobia and racism?

what flag?

what flag?

Alex explain it slowly to me. Is it a flag I had, is it my avatar?

What the fuck is this thread turning into. I have never called for someone to be banned but this fucker.

what flag?

what flag?

What the fuck is this thread turning into. I have never called for someone to be banned but this fucker.

No, it's the little flag under your avatar. The Nazi one was a choice because it was initially given to people like Ally who were also mods on N-O. I.e. taking the piss out of them for being 'nazis' - i.e. the strict rules and bannings over there. There was absolutely nothing offensive in its intention.

what flag?

Yours.... it's pirateist. :)

what flag?

No, it's the little flag under your avatar. The Nazi one was a choice because it was initially given to people like Ally who were also mods on N-O. I.e. taking the piss out of them for being 'nazis' - i.e. the strict rules and bannings over there. There was absolutely nothing offensive in its intention.

Offence is in the eye of the beholder. :icon_lol:

what flag?

what flag?

Nice piece of toontastic history there I was unaware of.

what flag?

what flag?

Obviously I can appreciate why people would find it offensive.

what flag?

what flag?

That was always my understanding. Losing that flag has now somehow undercut the richness and history of this board. Shame.

what flag?

what flag?

So if I supported the National front or the BNP (legitimate political groups) could I not display there banners as my avatar. If (like many) i find the israeli government racist and agressive can i object to their flag. How about if I support the objectives of the Taliban, Hammas, El Ikea could I display their banners?

This is getting out of hand.

Piratist?

what flag?

Yours.... it's pirateist. :panic:

what flag?

Obviously I can appreciate why people would find it offensive.

And pirates are killing people as we speak. 208_tough_pirate_wearing_a_bandanna_and_eye_patch.gif:)

what flag?

what flag?

That was always my understanding. Losing that flag has now somehow undercut the richness and history of this board. Shame.

Aren't swashstikas illegal in Jormany? What are you, the first of the fourth Reich? :icon_lol:

what flag?

what flag?

So if I supported the National front or the BNP (legitimate political groups) could I not display there banners as my avatar. If (like many) i find the israeli government racist and agressive can i object to their flag. How about if I support the objectives of the Taliban, Hammas, El Ikea could I display their banners?

This is getting out of hand.

Piratist?

You raise a good point but none of the people you listed exterminated millions of people simply on the basis that they were Jewish, Polish, Gypsies and so on so perhaps it's a slightly different case and you can see Danny's point. At the same time, I think he's milking it with the avatars and is on the wind up. Which rather dilutes any salient points he makes. Which is par for the course with him in any case.

what flag?

what flag?

Your avatar reminds me of years of British imperialist rule and the hurt caused to 'my' people. I demand it be removed immediately.

1) He's an Aussie

I'm getting sick to fucking death of your "I'm whiter than white, me" attitude.

If you don't like how do things around here, piss off.

what flag?

Yours.... it's pirateist. :rolleyes:

what flag?

Aren't swashstikas illegal in Jormany? What are you, the first of the fourth Reich? :icon_lol:

Dey whitewash da history innit? :panic:

Don't mention the war etc.... :)

what flag?

what flag?

Those that forget the lessons of the past are doomed to repeat them. :icon_lol:

1) He's an Aussie

I'm getting sick to fucking death of your "I'm whiter than white, me" attitude.

If you don't like how do things around here, piss off.

Jezuz fuck Craig you've got the patience of a saint. :icon_lol: