Newcastle United 0-0 Portsmouth FC

snakehips

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Typical that it's raining.......

It'll suit our passing game.

Main problem for me tonight is that after picking up some points lately a draw is a canny result for Portsmouth tonight. I think they'll sit back and we'll struggle to break them down. Hope I'm wrong but I fancy a draw tonight.

Main problem for me tonight is that after picking up some points lately a draw is a canny result for Portsmouth tonight. I think they'll sit back and we'll struggle to break them down. Hope I'm wrong but I fancy a draw tonight.

Everytime it rains I think of the deluge at St James when Sunderland beat us 2:1 (Shearer was on the bench).

Everytime it rains I think of the deluge at St James when Sunderland beat us 2:1 (Shearer was on the bench).

You weren't in the Milburn too that night were you? Jesus wept!

Aye, you get the feeling they're going to park the bus.

hmm I personally dont think so, they arguably have a better team, on paper at least.

So much hype.... it's a stick on 0-0 :aussie:

honestly, it's quite nice to be getting words of support from fans of other clubs. I had it in my head that we were not getting the love this season.

I think most people with any sense regard us as more of an asset to the league than a few other clubs.

A lot of people would probably rather come to SJP for top flight football than say, Wigan...

i think i speak for everyone when i say....

COME ON NEWCASTLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:nufc: :nufc: :nufc:

I found my lucky Ajax away top so we should be alright. :razz:

You have a Ajax shirt? :unsure:

Used to live in the Dam innit. :)

Exeter have a long way to go before they're in the Premiership Tom. Nice if it happened though-I live very near to Exeter.

Come on Perryman!!

Everyone and their aunt knows that smith is starting , probably with butt.

tbh, i am past caring about personalities now, its down to this game and this game only. If we do our bit and those fuckers dont do theirs (and by that i mean at the very least running their balls off and chasing down every loose ball) then I hope they get booed to oblivion.

However, im optimistic we'll come thru.

Thought Smith had a good 20 min last run out.

Newcastle full-back Jose Enrique could return from his knee-injury but Steven Taylor (ankle) and Joey Barton (metatarsal) are doubts.

Strikers Obafemi Martins (groin) and Mark Viduka (Achilles) have suffered no reaction to their returns to action at Tottenham last Sunday.

Portsmouth have doubts over forward David Nugent and defender Younes Kaboul who both have thigh injuries.

Midfielder Niko Kranjcar is still missing due to his injured ankle.

:unsure:

Beeb.

This is what worries me.

"The Magpies are yet to win under Shearer; Portsmouth have won three and drawn four of their nine games under Paul Hart."

Edited by Park Life

Do you think Manboobs Viduka will play?

Will play a part, at a stretch start.

Personally I'd start with the strongest side - inj worries aside, this is a game where due to nerves an early upper hand will be key.

If Portsmouth get an early goal, I can see confidence crumble. Your players have very little fight in them, and they will just go through the motions. St. Alan may have got you fans going, but the players seem to be stumbling around waiting for the near-inevitable.

If you win, and feel the need for some loving just remember to keep the noise down. You don't want an ASBO like that couple from Sunderland.

God I'm sh*tting it good and proper. Nerves will play a massive part in this game, the players are going to really need to keep their heads. Question is, if we score is it likely we'll then sit back and try to defend that lead? Or try to finish the game off at the risk of them nicking an equalizer? I can't help but think either is going to be scary stuff...