Andy Cole to come out of International retirement

Optimistic Nut

Ghana are hoping to add Manchester City striker Andy Cole to their coaching staff for the World Cup.

The African nation have qualified for the finals for the first time and have offered Cole a role with their squad.

The England international has yet to speak to the Ghanaian FA but is keen to discover what plans they have for him.

"I'm really interested in what Ghana have to say and I am looking forward to meeting them to talk about the job," Cole told The Sun.

The 34-year-old is considered a hero in Ghana and the country's federation believe Cole would be the perfect addition to their coaching staff for the World Cup.

Ghanaian football official Dennis Tawian said: "We want to give our players the best preparation possible for this World Cup and believe Cole could play a very important part in that.

"He is well known in Ghana where they see more Premiership football than fans do in England.

"Getting to the World Cup is a huge achievement for Ghana.

"With someone like Andrew to help us, we have every chance of doing well."

Ghana are hoping to add Manchester City striker Andy Cole to their coaching staff for the World Cup.

The African nation have qualified for the finals for the first time and have offered Cole a role with their squad.

The England international has yet to speak to the Ghanaian FA but is keen to discover what plans they have for him.

"I'm really interested in what Ghana have to say and I am looking forward to meeting them to talk about the job," Cole told The Sun.

The 34-year-old is considered a hero in Ghana and the country's federation believe Cole would be the perfect addition to their coaching staff for the World Cup.

Ghanaian football official Dennis Tawian said: "We want to give our players the best preparation possible for this World Cup and believe Cole could play a very important part in that.

"He is well known in Ghana where they see more Premiership football than fans do in England.

50851[/snapback]

Takes one of us Scots to sort out the real story while you English scum flap about in the dark. :o

50851[/snapback]

Takes one of us Scots to sort out the real story while you English scum flap about in the dark. :o

50857[/snapback]

oh well that thread was fun eh