Flu Pandemic

Lazarus

Fair enough, but you usually come across as the sort of person who does not dismiss a subject without fact or reason.

If you ever get bored and at a loss, buy one of his books (awaken the giant within) off ebay for a couple of quid and I guarantee you that after one chapter, if nothing else, you will no longer view him as "Californian pyscho-bullshit".

If you or anyone else prefers, theres also a very good audi book called get the edge on mininova.

If you read Sham: How the Self-Help Movement Made America Helpless ;)

Anthony (Tony) Robbins is an international bestselling author, strategist, speaker, philanthropist and advisor to Fortune 500 executives, sports professionals and world leaders, who has worked with influential figures including Mikhail Gorbachev, Princess Diana, Mother Teresa, and President Bill Clinton. Robbins has been honored by Accenture as one of the "Top 50 Business Intellectuals in the World" and as one of the "Top 200 Business Gurus" by Harvard Business Press. He is an internationally recognized personality and has appeared on and hosted numerous television interviews, talk shows, infomercials, and radio programs. Robbins has impacted more than 50 million people in more than 100 countries through his bestselling books, audio programs, training seminars, multimedia and health products. In his debut network series, Robbins and his team will design life-changing techniques and provide participants with transformational skills and tools that can be used to create a more fulfilling and meaningful life.

Robbins is also an active philanthropist. His foundation's annual Basket Brigade now feeds more than 2 million people in 56 countries. For 12 years he personally mentored 20 inner-city youth from grade school to college. More recently, he co-founded a program in Israel and the West Bank that brings young people of all three faiths together in Jerusalem. His nonprofit, "Anthony Robbins Foundation," is focused on helping those often forgotten by society, providing assistance to inner-city youth, senior citizens and the homeless. Robbins' programs have supported more than 2,500 schools and 700 prisons worldwide. The Robbins-Madanes Center for Strategic Intervention collaborates with the University of San Francisco, the Erickson Foundation, the Queen Sofia Foundation, the Juvanteny Foundation in Spain and many other national and international foundations and universities.

Shola Ameobi, is a Nigeria-born English striker who comes from a family of footballers. He is the older brother of Tomi Ameobi, a striker in the Doncaster Rovers team and Sammiusto Ameobi, who plays for the Newcastle Youth Squad. Fondly called as “Shola”,”Strolla” and “The Fenham Eusebio”, he was born on October 12, 1981 in Zaria. Shola Ameobi made his debut for the England national Under-21 football team in 2000-01 and made 5 appearances, including four as a substitute and scored two goals against Finland at Bamsley. Between 2000 and 2003 saw he played 20 games for the team scoring 7 times.

Shola Ameobi came from the youth ranks of Walker Central Youth Team in Newcastle and signed for the Newcastle United Academy on July 1, 1995. Five years later he progressed to the senior team and made his debut for it in a home game against Chelsea F.C. on September 9, 2000.

Shola Ameobi scored 6 goals in the last 12 Premiership games played by Newcastle in 2005-06 for. He became the 2nd highest goal scorer in European competitions for the club with 12 goals, after scoring twice in a tie with Lillestrøm S.K. at the 2006 Union of European Football Associations (UEFA) Intertoto Cup, a summer football competition for European clubs.

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fair enough, but you usually come across as the sort of person who does not dismiss a subject without fact or reason.

If you ever get bored and at a loss, buy one of his books (awaken the giant within) off ebay for a couple of quid and I guarantee you that after one chapter, if nothing else, you will no longer view him as "Californian pyscho-bullshit".

If you or anyone else prefers, theres also a very good audi book called get the edge on mininova.

If you read Sham: How the Self-Help Movement Made America Helpless :(

You see, that stuff doesn't appeal either ;)

Me neither. I'd never heard of the bloke. I just saw that book amongst the list of criticisms against him on Wikipedia. :)

Proper Wiki Warrior me.

and how many of those people were nothing without Tony Robbins?

Quincy Jones was a phenomenal musical sculptor before this fella wrote his first book, the driving force behind Serena's success is his dad, and Hemmingway... well I've never heard of her.

You reckon any of those people you've listed were paid for their words?

If you read Sham: How the Self-Help Movement Made America Helpless :(

Anthony (Tony) Robbins is an international bestselling author, strategist, speaker, philanthropist and advisor to Fortune 500 executives, sports professionals and world leaders, who has worked with influential figures including Mikhail Gorbachev, Princess Diana, Mother Teresa, and President Bill Clinton. Robbins has been honored by Accenture as one of the "Top 50 Business Intellectuals in the World" and as one of the "Top 200 Business Gurus" by Harvard Business Press. He is an internationally recognized personality and has appeared on and hosted numerous television interviews, talk shows, infomercials, and radio programs. Robbins has impacted more than 50 million people in more than 100 countries through his bestselling books, audio programs, training seminars, multimedia and health products. In his debut network series, Robbins and his team will design life-changing techniques and provide participants with transformational skills and tools that can be used to create a more fulfilling and meaningful life.

Robbins is also an active philanthropist. His foundation's annual Basket Brigade now feeds more than 2 million people in 56 countries. For 12 years he personally mentored 20 inner-city youth from grade school to college. More recently, he co-founded a program in Israel and the West Bank that brings young people of all three faiths together in Jerusalem. His nonprofit, "Anthony Robbins Foundation," is focused on helping those often forgotten by society, providing assistance to inner-city youth, senior citizens and the homeless. Robbins' programs have supported more than 2,500 schools and 700 prisons worldwide. The Robbins-Madanes Center for Strategic Intervention collaborates with the University of San Francisco, the Erickson Foundation, the Queen Sofia Foundation, the Juvanteny Foundation in Spain and many other national and international foundations and universities.

Shola Ameobi, is a Nigeria-born English striker who comes from a family of footballers. He is the older brother of Tomi Ameobi, a striker in the Doncaster Rovers team and Sammiusto Ameobi, who plays for the Newcastle Youth Squad. Fondly called as “Shola”,”Strolla” and “The Fenham Eusebio”, he was born on October 12, 1981 in Zaria. Shola Ameobi made his debut for the England national Under-21 football team in 2000-01 and made 5 appearances, including four as a substitute and scored two goals against Finland at Bamsley. Between 2000 and 2003 saw he played 20 games for the team scoring 7 times.

Shola Ameobi came from the youth ranks of Walker Central Youth Team in Newcastle and signed for the Newcastle United Academy on July 1, 1995. Five years later he progressed to the senior team and made his debut for it in a home game against Chelsea F.C. on September 9, 2000.

Shola Ameobi scored 6 goals in the last 12 Premiership games played by Newcastle in 2005-06 for. He became the 2nd highest goal scorer in European competitions for the club with 12 goals, after scoring twice in a tie with Lillestrøm S.K. at the 2006 Union of European Football Associations (UEFA) Intertoto Cup, a summer football competition for European clubs.

Lets try reccomendations! Go get Sholas Wiki Warrior :)

“Tony Robbins’ coaching has made a remarkable difference in my life both on and off the court. He’s helped me discover what I’m really made of, and he’s enabled me to see things from an empowering new vantage point. With Tony’s help, I’ve set new standards for myself, and I’ve taken my tennis game—and my life— to a whole new level!”

—Serena Williams

8-Time Grand Slam Tennis Champion

and Olympic Gold Medalist

“Tony Robbins has the ability to break down the old patterns that prevent you from being your true self. Once you find that you are no longer dictated by old beliefs, you are on the road to creating joy, true happiness and success in all areas of your life.”

—Mariel Hemingway

Oscar-Nominated Actress

“Anthony Robbins knows the rhythm of success. He is an incredible source of inspiration, and his methods have improved the quality of my life. I only work ith

the best...and Tony is the best!”

—Quincy Jones

Grammy Award-Winning

Musician and Producer

;)

"I got it Swiftcovered. I got insurance on my insurance." - Iggy Pop

Quincy Jones was a phenomenal musical sculptor before this fella wrote his first book, the driving force behind Serena's success is his dad, and Hemmingway... well I've never heard of her.

None apparrently!

Go on, give him a go. You have nothing to lose ane EVERYTHING to gain.

You're sounding like I did when I was selling windows... and I sounded like a damned fool too. ;)

Those books are stuffed with popcorn philosophies, vague promises and patronising gumph. If it works it's because you've already made the decision to be more proactive and you've the inherent desire to be successful anyway.

give that book to a benefit grazer and they won't change a damned thing about their life, give it to a Stock Broker and they'll become successful

It frightens me how many don't see past the basics.

I've got a friend here who is a 'healer' and people pay money to him for chats and the like. He's completely clueless and

often divulges to me how he totally 'lucked out' with this 'healing thing'. ;)

None apparrently!

Isn't the idea of life to find one's own way?

None apparrently!

Isn't the idea of life to find one's own way?

You've been reading Fleetwood Mac's self-help book haven't you?

;)

Swine Flu Suspect: 'I've Got The Virus'

Graeme Pacitti fell ill after going out for a drink with Iain Askham - Britain's first confirmed victim of the disease along with his wife Dawn.

The two men went to a local pub shortly after the Askhams returned to Polmont, near Falkirk, from honeymoon in Mexico.

Mr Pacitti, 24, who works at Falkirk Royal Infirmary, has been given antiviral drugs and his own contacts are being followed up.

He is in quarantine at the flat he shjares with his mother and other family members.

Mr Pacitti, who plays in the same six-a-side football team as Mr Askham, told the Daily Mail: "It's just typical flu. I have a sore throat, a sore head and an upset stomach."

The Newcastle victim is a woman who recently returned from the Mexican holiday resort of Cancun.

She lives with two Newcastle University students, who are receiving treatment. Her symptoms are said to be mild.

Has anyone anywhere in authority actually stated that this strain is any more dangerous than the normal strains that go around. :)

No, but Dos Equis does seem to reduce resistance to it ;)

Graeme Pacitti fell ill after going out for a drink with Iain Askham - Britain's first confirmed victim of the disease along with his wife Dawn.

The two men went to a local pub shortly after the Askhams returned to Polmont, near Falkirk, from honeymoon in Mexico.

Mr Pacitti, 24, who works at Falkirk Royal Infirmary, has been given antiviral drugs and his own contacts are being followed up.

He is in quarantine at the flat he shjares with his mother and other family members.

Mr Pacitti, who plays in the same six-a-side football team as Mr Askham, told the Daily Mail: "It's just typical flu. I have a sore throat, a sore head and an upset stomach."

The Newcastle victim is a woman who recently returned from the Mexican holiday resort of Cancun.

She lives with two Newcastle University students, who are receiving treatment. Her symptoms are said to be mild.

Has anyone anywhere in authority actually stated that this strain is any more dangerous than the normal strains that go around. ;)

The Germans are adamant that the Mexicans are clueless and nobody would have died if it had been in Germany.

Has anyone anywhere in authority actually stated that this strain is any more dangerous than the normal strains that go around. ;)

The Germans are adamant that the Mexicans are clueless and nobody would have died if it had been in Germany.

THIS.......i think the death toll in Mexico is more of a testament to how shit the level of proper medical assistance is in Mexico, everyone else so far has had mild symptoms, with the exception of the toddler from Mexico that died in Texas

Edited by tooner

US just announced that the virus does not have the same bad traits as the 1918 one.

Start of the climbdown perhaps.

While all this was distracting us they did something real bad. ;)

Guest alex

If you read Sham: How the Self-Help Movement Made America Helpless :rolleyes:

You see, that stuff doesn't appeal either :)

Me neither. I'd never heard of the bloke. I just saw that book amongst the list of criticisms against him on Wikipedia. :(

Proper Wiki Warrior me.

;) You read a fair bit of non-fiction though, don't you irrc? Basically stuff I'd like to read in theory but can't be arsed to in practice :scratchchin: (Naomi Klein, etc.).

Me neither. I'd never heard of the bloke. I just saw that book amongst the list of criticisms against him on Wikipedia. :(

Proper Wiki Warrior me.

;) You read a fair bit of non-fiction though, don't you irrc? Basically stuff I'd like to read in theory but can't be arsed to in practice :scratchchin: (Naomi Klein, etc.).

Aye. I love that shit. About 75% of my 'to read' shelf is non-fiction. Though I still like a bit of fiction. Just read Metamorphosis last week which was funnier than I expected. Just getting towards the end of Shantaram now too. Which has been epic.

Proper Wiki Warrior me.

Aye. I love that shit. About 75% of my 'to read' shelf is non-fiction. Though I still like a bit of fiction. Just read Metamorphosis last week which was funnier than I expected. Just getting towards the end of Shantaram now too. Which has been epic.

I'm reading Shantaram atm. :)

US just announced that the virus does not have the same bad traits as the 1918 one.

Even if it was this isn't 1918, but frankly it's all been exaggerated from the off. Largely by the media, but also Mexican authorities in a panic.

It could still be nasty of course (1918 the 2nd mutation was worse).

Even if it was this isn't 1918, but frankly it's all been exaggerated from the off. Largely by the media, but also Mexican authorities in a panic.

It could still be nasty of course (1918 the 2nd mutation was worse).

I love it when a good track mutates over time.