The Boxing thread

Jimbo

Wilder will duck anyone he can get away with ducking till he gets his payday with AJ. if he gets beat before they make the fight he loses his chance to make some proper money

13 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Wilder will duck anyone he can get away with ducking till he gets his payday with AJ. if he gets beat before they make the fight he loses his chance to make some proper money

Had a look and the Breazeale v Molina fight (the former won) was to decide who was the mandatory challenger even though the WBC ranks Whyte higher than both of them. :lol: Sounds about right.

• 2 weeks later...

I think it'll be close again and I don't think it was the robbery some made out (think GGG won a close contest though). The problem was that ridiculous 118-110 scorecard in favour of Canelo. Tbh, I really like both boxers so don't have a massive preference but would probably like to see GGG win as I think he deserved to shade the first one. A good fight with a clear(er) winner would be good with, like I said, me not being too bothered either way.

13 minutes ago, Ant said:

I do have a bit of bias for GGG mainly because Canelo had seemingly ducked him for so long, Canelo is obviously a good fighter though.

There's that too, certainly ducked him for a bit anyway and think him or De La Hoya at least were holding on hoping age would catch up with GGG. Which it may have done a little bit.

4 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Don't think it would be that lucrative for him. Surely he'd have to fight a UFC fighter and the organisation would take the lion's share of the revenue.

I'd be the biggest selling event in UFC history if he fought CM, I doubt they'd be demanding a prohibitive cut it wouldn't make any sense for them.  

It's all about precedent though. If they offer him a deal miles above what they offer any other fighter then somewhere along the line there'll be someone else making those sorts of demands.

Given that the highest grossing UFC fight in history generated just $82m in PPVs they're a long way off offering Mayweather hundreds of millions IMO.

i think he cares more about money than any of that. would it defo even have to go through UFC? or could it not just be a standalone MMA bout? if mayweather's promoters could take over the logistics, people would buy PPVs - just as they did last time. 

I'm a bit surprised as how weak his punching is.

You'd have thought a bloke called Cheeseman would be batting lads all over as soon as he could speak.

Anyway looking forward to Buatsi later. :up: 

• 2 weeks later...

So I think last night proved that Eubank Jr is nowhere near the top level in boxing. His speed got him through the super middleweights so far but his lack of a boxing brain has shown him up. I can’t see where he can go from here but he definitely needs to get rid of his father.

• 3 weeks later...

Is there a sport today that isn’t dirty?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/43296154

Im surprised more hasn’t come out against footballers tbh, the pace the game is played at today at the highest level seems superhuman. I’d be very surprised if rhe top players weren’t being pumped with performance enhancing drugs.