The Boxing thread

Jimbo

I like Khan. He’s had a pretty good career but I just don’t see where he goes from here. Probably a knock out defeat to Kell Brook. Now he’s settled on welterweight he’s kidding himself if he thinks he’s going to do well in the division. There’s at least 5 fighters better than him (especially him now) in what is a particularly competitive weight class 

I thought AJ should’ve been much more aggressive from the start but can’t knock that. Povetkin was always dangerous but clearly there for the taking as we saw against Price. Job done for AJ.

Looking forward now to Fury and Wilder.

Guraranteed to be a dull affair.

Shocker of an undercard like. Taking the piss a bit all the upcoming ppvs and having shit like that on. I paid for it last week and they didn't even bother to have any filler fights after the undercard was all quick kos, just replayed the whole of the first fight that we've all seen at least three times

The Russian looked dangerous in the first couple of rounds, caught Joshua cleanly a few times but then his class took over. Big height advantage and he just worn him down then finished him off very well. To be fair I thought Joshua has got carried away with the hype over the past year and being part of Eddie Hearn's stable hasn't helped, but his attitude running up to the fight and last night was excellent, especially after the fight. Not sure about the WWF style intros now mind, just get on with the boxing.

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, ewerk said:

It’ll be dull as fuck but Fury will take him out in the later rounds or win on points. The pikey cunt.

The only way Wilder will win is if he comes out swinging and he knows it so it will be explosive from the start. I think Fury is a cunt aswell mind, his last fight was a joke, some of the shit he comes out with is humorous though.

Edited by Anorthernsoul

55 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I agree that could be Wilder’s tactics but I think we’ll see Fury working the jab on the outside and a lot of holding when he’s in any danger.

Yep

Fury's funny and speaks his mind. He's a bit of a twat with some dodgy views but he's entertaining at least. He's an excellent boxer (or was) but he's anything but entertaining in the ring which is why he'll never gain the popularity he seems to think he deserves.

1 hour ago, Alex said:

Fury's funny and speaks his mind. He's a bit of a twat with some dodgy views but he's entertaining at least. He's an excellent boxer (or was) but he's anything but entertaining in the ring which is why he'll never gain the popularity he seems to think he deserves.

I watched a video of all of his KO's on YT the other day and he's so unconventional it's almost like he's never done any training and has just rocked up for a scrap :lol: A lot of his trash talk these days sounds rehearsed aswell, like he's created this persona and he's trying too hard for the cameras. Much like McGregor in the UFC.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Anorthernsoul said:

I watched a video of all of his KO's on YT the other day and he's so unconventional it's almost like he's never done any training and has just rocked up for a scrap :lol: A lot of his trash talk these days sounds rehearsed aswell, like he's created this persona and he's trying too hard for the cameras. Much like McGregor in the UFC.

You might already be aware of this but Fury got an absolute joke of a decision early in his career John McDermott. On that occasion I think Fury did just rock up with not much in the way of serious training. There were no judges and the ref gave the up and coming Fury the decision by 8 rounds to 2 but the correct result was probably the other way round. Fury looked absolutely fucking knackered by the end as well as looking even more out of shape than usual. As for his patter, I agree. Before the Klitchsko fight I'd seen a few interviews with him on youtube and he would just be taking the piss and could be genuinely funny but now it's all a bit scripted whereby he's on his best behaviour or, alternatively, just trying to be controversial for the sake of it.

2 hours ago, Alex said:

You might already be aware of this but Fury got an absolute joke of a decision early in his career John McDermott. On that occasion I think Fury did just rock up with not much in the way of serious training. There were no judges and the ref gave the up and coming Fury the decision by 8 rounds to 2 but the correct result was probably the other way round. Fury looked absolutely fucking knackered by the end as well as looking even more out of shape than usual. As for his patter, I agree. Before the Klitchsko fight I'd seen a few interviews with him on youtube and he would just be taking the piss and could be genuinely funny but now it's all a bit scripted whereby he's on his best behaviour or, alternatively, just trying to be controversial for the sake of it.

I remember it, this is why it's laughable when he calls people bums and that they've fought no-one, it's as if his boxing history is exemplary. He's fought his fare share of clowns and had suspect performances all through his career.

• Like 1

Aye :lol:

It's very WWF as I said before. McGregor's last presser was worse mind. He's very much jumped the shark (and he was daft as a brush in the first place).