Joey Barton

smoggeordie

Makes you wonder exactly how big a mess it is. :D

The lunatics don't like the fact that they're no longer being able to run the asylum tbh. About time that attitude was instilled.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest alex
Best natural defensive midfielder in country shame he's a nutter like, annoys me that everyone still thinks Stevie Gerrards a hero though. If we get rid it's up there with the worst of the decisions made this season.

Cracking player that will fight for the cause and it seems evident to me Shearer can't people manage and has had a go.

He isn't even a defensive midfielder. He can't tackle to save his life. :D

Guest alex
Newcastle ready to sack 'bad boy' Joey Barton

Barton was told to stay away from the club following a furious dressing-room row with manager Alan Shearer in the wake of his dismissal in the 3-0 defeat at Liverpool, which ruled him out of the club's fight against relegation.

Barton, 26, is resigned to the prospect there will no reconciliation with Shearer but a legal battle could unfold if the club decide to terminate his lucrative contract that does not expire until 2012, although that could be averted if he is made available in a cut-price deal.

However, a source close to Barton told Telegraph Sport: "Any case of gross misconduct against Joey would be robustly defended."

Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp – who tried to take him to Portsmouth last year – and Blackburn's Sam Allardyce, who signed Barton for Newcastle, are expected to be among those brave enough to offer the midfielder an escape route from Tyneside.

"Some perspective needs to be put into this," the source added. "I couldn't totally rule out Joey pulling on a black and white shirt again, even if Newcastle are relegated, but it's probably fair to say that if Shearer is there he won't be and that will probably be a mutual decision.

"He's led a very quiet existence over the last six months. He's been exemplary off the pitch. He's still dry. There were no fisticuffs, none of the two of them fronting each other up or eyeballing each other. Joe's never short of an opinion but that's all he ever does in the dressing room."

Barton incurred Shearer's wrath after a crude challenge on Xabi Alonso prompted a three-match ban. That was followed by Newcastle's announcement the player "had been suspended from the club until further notice".

"The guy has continually bought Newcastle United into disrepute," former striker Malcolm Macdonald said. "In the short time he has been at Newcastle, he has either been injured, in prison or in trouble. Heaven help whatever club he does join."

Barton left as details emerged of Shearer's disciplinarian approach – including his '12 Commandments' that, for example, see players fined for tardiness.

A Newcastle insider said: "Alan may have been cracking the whip but it's long overdue. He's brought back discipline and professionalism that were watchwords for him in his playing days. He has laid down the law but the players have welcomed his approach and as far as they're concerned it's created a more enjoyable working environment.

"You can't have the lunatics taking over the asylum. You can't have people taking the ---- out of the club and Alan's determined that won't be allowed to happen. And with all the job losses around this part of the world, there won't be too much sympathy for players getting fined for being late for work."

My cousin saw him acting the goat with his mate in Nando's recently in The Gate. Not doing anything that bad but according to my cousin he said they just looked like trouble, a bit of play fighting and that. Big deal, but I'd take the ' very quiet existence' thing with a pinch of salt.

Was it Rooney who went somewhere similar and paid with a voucher to get his meal half price?

It must be a scouse thing :D

Newcastle ready to sack 'bad boy' Joey Barton

Barton was told to stay away from the club following a furious dressing-room row with manager Alan Shearer in the wake of his dismissal in the 3-0 defeat at Liverpool, which ruled him out of the club's fight against relegation.

Barton, 26, is resigned to the prospect there will no reconciliation with Shearer but a legal battle could unfold if the club decide to terminate his lucrative contract that does not expire until 2012, although that could be averted if he is made available in a cut-price deal.

However, a source close to Barton told Telegraph Sport: "Any case of gross misconduct against Joey would be robustly defended."

Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp – who tried to take him to Portsmouth last year – and Blackburn's Sam Allardyce, who signed Barton for Newcastle, are expected to be among those brave enough to offer the midfielder an escape route from Tyneside.

"Some perspective needs to be put into this," the source added. "I couldn't totally rule out Joey pulling on a black and white shirt again, even if Newcastle are relegated, but it's probably fair to say that if Shearer is there he won't be and that will probably be a mutual decision.

"He's led a very quiet existence over the last six months. He's been exemplary off the pitch. He's still dry. There were no fisticuffs, none of the two of them fronting each other up or eyeballing each other. Joe's never short of an opinion but that's all he ever does in the dressing room."

Barton incurred Shearer's wrath after a crude challenge on Xabi Alonso prompted a three-match ban. That was followed by Newcastle's announcement the player "had been suspended from the club until further notice".

"The guy has continually bought Newcastle United into disrepute," former striker Malcolm Macdonald said. "In the short time he has been at Newcastle, he has either been injured, in prison or in trouble. Heaven help whatever club he does join."

Barton left as details emerged of Shearer's disciplinarian approach – including his '12 Commandments' that, for example, see players fined for tardiness.

A Newcastle insider said: "Alan may have been cracking the whip but it's long overdue. He's brought back discipline and professionalism that were watchwords for him in his playing days. He has laid down the law but the players have welcomed his approach and as far as they're concerned it's created a more enjoyable working environment.

"You can't have the lunatics taking over the asylum. You can't have people taking the ---- out of the club and Alan's determined that won't be allowed to happen. And with all the job losses around this part of the world, there won't be too much sympathy for players getting fined for being late for work."

My cousin saw him acting the goat with his mate in Nando's recently in The Gate. Not doing anything that bad but according to my cousin he said they just looked like trouble, a bit of play fighting and that. Big deal, but I'd take the ' very quiet existence' thing with a pinch of salt.

He'll be back on the piss again eventually (if he isn't already), he's clearly never going to learn/change.

Guest Stevie

I think we all knew in our heart of hearts he'd in some act the cunt again, and if he's given yet another chance he will in the future as well. I don't know who the fuck he thinks he is, what has Joey Barton done in his career, he was unknown 5 years ago largely for anything other than being an arsehole, he's played for two ridiculously shit sides, yet someone like Nicky Butt a multiple Premiership, and also CL winner can afford Shearer the respect he deserves. If I was his manager I'd lamp the cunt me, I don't know how many times the moral question about him is going to be asked, but morally do we want an utter scouse, poor upbringing, council estate scumbag playing for our club?

Guest alex

Edit, for fop:

Well, you wouldn't want him to be the odd one out in the squad, would you?

Edited by alex

Guest alex
I think we all knew in our heart of hearts he'd in some act the cunt again, and if he's given yet another chance he will in the future as well. I don't know who the fuck he thinks he is, what has Joey Barton done in his career, he was unknown 5 years ago largely for anything other than being an arsehole, he's played for two ridiculously shit sides, yet someone like Nicky Butt a multiple Premiership, and also CL winner can afford Shearer the respect he deserves. If I was his manager I'd lamp the cunt me, I don't know how many times the moral question about him is going to be asked, but morally do we want an utter scouse, poor upbringing, council estate scumbag playing for our club?

Tbh Stevie, I was just hoping he could do something for us in the last handful of games, since he's about the best of a bad bunch in central midfield (along with Guthrie). He couldn't even achieve that relatively small goal though.

Guest Stevie

Tbh Stevie, I was just hoping he could do something for us in the last handful of games, since he's about the best of a bad bunch in central midfield (along with Guthrie). He couldn't even achieve that relatively small goal though.

He' couldn't. I think the best thing that could happen to Joey Barton is a good hiding the puts him in hospital, then he could re-evaluate who he is, and how to speak to people and respect them. I got done in in 2002 off 3 kids 10% of it was my fault, and it certainly made me less mouthy from then forward.

What I hate about him is he despite all of the evidence he protrays himself as the ultimate scouse victim, going on telly saying how much he loves his fuckin nana, honestly he's a total arsehole.

Seconded, he's away now I think and rightly so. He's just fucked up every single chance he has been presented with at this club, We stuck by him and paid the money to get him out of Man City (even that loyalty clause he had inserted into his contract!) We stuck by him in prison and we stuck by him with the injuries and the bans he has had since joining this club.

I'm disappointed to say the least, We've given him ample space to prove himself and he just throws it back in our face. The fact that he's probably our best central midfielder is quite sad really.

To be honest I don't know what exactly was going through his head when he made that insane tackle, it was only ever going to be a red.

However he (or McKay) says that he wants to see out the rest of his contract whatever division we are in, this in my view is because he knows if he has to go to Blackburn or Tottenham he will get half that wage. He must of known that tackle would have put him out for the last three games in which we desperately need him to make himself useful.

Plus Joey Barton is no man to argue with Shearer, I'm not saying Shearer is infallible as a manager I just think there should be a lot more respect there.

He' couldn't. I think the best thing that could happen to Joey Barton is a good hiding the puts him in hospital, then he could re-evaluate who he is, and how to speak to people and respect them. I got done in in 2002 off 3 kids 10% of it was my fault, and it certainly made me less mouthy from then forward.

What I hate about him is he despite all of the evidence he protrays himself as the ultimate scouse victim, going on telly saying how much he loves his fuckin nana, honestly he's a total arsehole.

I'd loved to have spoken to you before that then mate if this is less mouthy. :D

Was it Rooney who went somewhere similar and paid with a voucher to get his meal half price?

tbf, I don't see anything wrong with that - just because you're on a massive wage shouldn't mean that you're ineligible to make use of vouchers.

Do you expect him to throw £20 notes away as 'pocket change' as well?

tbf, I don't see anything wrong with that - just because you're on a massive wage shouldn't mean that you're ineligible to make use of vouchers.

Do you expect him to throw £20 notes away as 'pocket change' as well?

Yes, as tips to the hard working poor cunts who served the overpaid millionaire his dinner.

As for using vouchers, not being snobby, just wouldnt consider the effort of keeping, using and paying with the voucher worth the resultant 2 quid reduction.

If Rooney uses vouchers but lets his wife spend thousands on a new top she wears once, then he's an idiot. Just tell her not to buy one top and he can skip using the next 500 vouchers.

I see your point but I just think that the use of a voucher by a high paid personality is a bit of a non-story.

Guest Stevie

I'd loved to have spoken to you before that then mate if this is less mouthy. :D

Define mouthy.