Joey Barton

smoggeordie

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im amazed at how many people are surprised that something like this happened. Hes a heed the ball and always will be. As for the numpties who reckon it wasnt a red card :o İf Alonsos leg had been planted it would have been ın 2 halves by now. Its only through luck he ended up stretchered off wıth a sprained ankle.

Wise after the event and straw man. House!

:lol:

found his vocation at last ?

2gy224z.jpg

Is he really a scouser? You'd assume he'd be actually checking what's inside that bin bag.

Most of these want half our ground full of out of town glory hunters.

It's a poor glory hunter indeed that chooses to come to St James'.

Agreed, he's an accident waiting to happen, which is a shame as he is our best midfielder in my opinion.

Joey B must have cornered the world market in 'final warnings' by now :razz:

"Right Joey, this is absolutely the last warning. I know we said last time that it was the last warning....well this one is definitely the final warning. Don't think you're getting any more final warnings." etc etc

This is definitely your last chance Joey

Bish

Joey, I'm not telling you again, any more bother and you're out and I mean it

Bosh

How many times?! Right that's fucking it I've had enough. This is it, no more chances for you me lad. Final warning you little cunt

Bash...

*sigh*

Guest alex
Agreed. His baggage and his wages mean we'll not get much though - probably less than we paid for fucking Nolan.

Aye, we'll have to take a hit there but it's worth it. Crazy to give the prick away though. Why should the club play for his indiscretions? If you see what I mean. The club have been good to him really.

Guest alex

To be pedantic, the real stumbling point is the wages and the length of his contract. Got another 3 years I think :razz:

Have we any grounds to sack him and then sue him as Chelsea did with Mutu? Obviously that was a lot more clear cut and he was banned for a year for using drugs.

• 1 month later...
BIRMINGHAM City are said to be ready to offer Joey Barton a Premier League lifeline - with Newcastle paying a chunk of his wages.

Blues boss Alex McLeish is offering to pay the bad boy midfielder £25,000 a week to take him on loan for the season, according to the Daily Mirror.

The offer will be considered by the Magpies once they have a new owner and manager – but they will still have to pay the rest of his £64,000-a-week salary.

Promoted Birmingham have short-listed Barton, along with Rangers and Scotland star Barry Ferguson and even Inter Milan's Patrick Vieira, as possibles for their midfield leader role.

They would be happy to take Barton on a season-long loan, but do not want to buy him.

Barton, one of the Magpies' top earners, says he is happy to see out his contract at St James's' Park, despite the club's relegation.

But he could be forced to leave if Alan Shearer gets the manager's job; the pair clashed after Barton was sent off at Liverpool, and the player was suspended from the club.

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/Birmin...rton.5431043.jp

;)

Yeah I heard this this morning. No fucking way we should agree to it. Them paying 40k I could just about see, but to save 1m over a season we would be better of keeping him to try to get back up.

Yeah I heard this this morning. No fucking way we should agree to it. Them paying 40k I could just about see, but to save 1m over a season we would be better of keeping him to try to get back up.

yep

If he's to go cut the ties completely... none of this loan shit and definitely not with us paying any of his wages.

Don't want to pay for another club to have a player. I'd rather he rot in our reserves and we flog him later, at least then we can have a body for emergencies.