Joey Barton

smoggeordie

“Alan said he wasn’t, called him shit and Joey replied that he was a shit manager with shit tactics.

Pretty hard to argue against that at this minute in time tbh

Ferguson's record was nearly as bad in his first 5 games in charge at ManUre, easier games too. :D

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was sat in the Main Stand just above where our fans were and it was absolutely clear cut even from where I was that he should have been sent off. What the TV didn't show was how far and with what determination he ran towards Alonso.

He'd been having a spat with him all game - was pretty obvious to me that something like this was going to happen.

Sad thing was, up until that point he was probably our best player.

I don't see how that's a reason to send somebody off. Then again I suppose it is if you're Joey Barton.

His aim was never for the ball - it was a fucking awful tackle and IMO, totally indefensible.

He quite clearly got the ball though.

Not surprising seeing as he took the whole of Alonso too. It's one of the most blatent red cards I've ever seen.

I was sat in the Main Stand just above where our fans were and it was absolutely clear cut even from where I was that he should have been sent off. What the TV didn't show was how far and with what determination he ran towards Alonso.

He'd been having a spat with him all game - was pretty obvious to me that something like this was going to happen.

I don't see how that's a reason to send somebody off. Then again I suppose it is if you're Joey Barton.

His aim was never for the ball - it was a fucking awful tackle and IMO, totally indefensible.

Not surprising seeing as he took the whole of Alonso too. It's one of the most blatent red cards I've ever seen.

He got the ball first though.

It was a two footed lunge though (not to be confused with a two foot clunge).

Its just a real shame for everyone, he is our best midfielder by a mile.

Guest alex

Was it any worse than Smith's tackle in the same game? Not saying it wasn't dangerous but you see stuff just as bad result in a yellow all the time. The ref couldn't wait to send him off, mainly on his rep imo. As I said earlier though he should have got the ball and the man one-footed and, therefore, 'legally'.

Edited by alex

It was a two footed lunge though (not to be confused with a two foot clunge).

Its just a real shame for everyone, he is our best midfielder by a mile.

:D

Was it any worse than Smith's tackle in the same game? Not saying it wasn't dangerous but you see stuff just as bad result in a yellow all the time. The ref couldn't wait to send him off, mainly on his rep imo. As I said earlier though he should have got the ball and the man one-footed and, therefore, 'legally'.

It's a basic fundamental of the game! Who teach (or doesn't) these cunts how to tackle?

Smith's was closer to where I was and at first glace seemed pretty innocuous. On second glance it was clumsy.

The only person responsible for his reputation is Barton himself.

As you allude to, had he gone in with one foot he'd probably have got away with it but IMO he went in with the intent to do exactly what he did. Referee had no option.

Guest alex

Smith's was closer to where I was and at first glace seemed pretty innocuous. On second glance it was clumsy.

As you allude to, had he gone in with one foot he'd probably have got away with it but IMO he went in with the intent to do exactly what he did. Referee had no option.

We'll have tp agree to differ on both counts.

IMO he did have an option but due to the fact it was Joey Barton he sent him off.

I like how it's also been overlooked about Alonso's little drama on the stretcher too.

Although we're both never going to agree on this so I'll leave it as that.

Agreed about Alonso like.. pretty certain he'd have got off the stretcher and walked up the steps in the tunnel.

Biggest disappointment is that Alonso was probably 'primed' to wind Barton up - and he fell for it.

If, as Shearer alluded to, he was told to keep his nose clean then he's a bigger idiot than he's given credit for.

NEWCASTLE United can confirm that Joey Barton has been suspended from the Club until further notice.

The Club will be making no further comment on the matter at this time.

Effectively confirms the stories about a spat. Bad enough he gets himself sent off but then he decides to turn on Shearer instead of taking his bollocking. Prick.

And once again another negative story involving us will be all over the media. This club man, and what a shambles of a season.

I was reminded about something I saw last Monday night. I was in the ground early and watching the team warming up. The players were dong their usual 'one-touch keep ball' and Barton had a rush of blood going to challenge Martins. Could easily have ended up getting Martins injured and the Nigerian was far from happy. In a fucking warm up ffs!!!!! What a complete and utter tit.

The club that gave him a chance two years ago to put his troubled past behind him and move on.

The club that stood by him despite him getting pissed up in the middle of his home town and beating some kid shitless.

The club that kept him on the books despite him doing time in prison.

The club that offered him the opportunity to be seen as the saviour of the season.

He's chucked it all back in their faces - no wonder they've had enough. As BO says, the sending off is bad. The spat with Shearer and obvious squealing to the tabloids in inexcusible. Enjoy playing for Cardiff, won't you Joey? :D

The club that gave him a chance two years ago to put his troubled past behind him and move on.

The club that stood by him despite him getting pissed up in the middle of his home town and beating some kid shitless.

The club that offered him the opportunity to be seen as the saviour of the season.

He's chucked it all back in their faces - no wonder they've had enough. As BO says, the sending off is bad. The spat with Shearer and obvious squealing to the tabloids in inexcusible. Enjoy playing for Cardiff, won't you Joey? ;)

How do you know that was Barton? :D

He's chucked it all back in their faces - no wonder they've had enough. As BO says, the sending off is bad. The spat with Shearer and obvious squealing to the tabloids in inexcusible. Enjoy playing for Cardiff, won't you Joey? ;)

How do you know that was Barton? :D

If it's not him, it's his agent. Either way the club needs ridding of both idiots.

In fairness, I don't think the tackle was malicious. The look on his face told a very big story. He looked totally gutted that he let the fans down