Joey Barton

smoggeordie

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the unlikely event that he will appear in an NUFC shirt next season.....does he now have a 9 game ban due to the 6 games suspended sentence the FA game him?

Daft cunt

Total cuntoid. Kill him now.

I felt at the time when watching the match Barton shouldn't have been sent off and I still stand by my initial assessment of the situation.

Barton was thickheaded for putting himself in such a situation, there was no danger of Alonso doing anything with the ball, it looked like he was trying to settle an old score of an incident that happened earlier on in the game. I still don't feel it was a sending off though, and he was sent off purely based on his name.

Going by accounts as well of people at the game they said Alonso was on the stretcher right until he got to the dugout of which he got off immediately and was walking straight away. Something which the camera team and both the very biased Craig Burley neglected to mention.

I am also of the belief that Shearer shouldn't have said what he did after the game and should know to deal with things behind closed doors. That's obviously his inexperience and is something I'm hoping if he does continue the job he has started he should learn from. As from his post-match comments it's pretty clear Barton will never play for us again as long as Shearer is in charge.

I felt at the time when watching the match Barton shouldn't have been sent off and I still stand by my initial assessment of the situation.

Barton was thickheaded for putting himself in such a situation, there was no danger of Alonso doing anything with the ball, it looked like he was trying to settle an old score of an incident that happened earlier on in the game. I still don't feel it was a sending off though, and he was sent off purely based on his name.

Going by accounts as well of people at the game they said Alonso was on the stretcher right until he got to the dugout of which he got off immediately and was walking straight away. Something which the camera team and both the very biased Craig Burley neglected to mention.

I am also of the belief that Shearer shouldn't have said what he did after the game and should know to deal with things behind closed doors. That's obviously his inexperience and is something I'm hoping if he does continue the job he has started he should learn from. As from his post-match comments it's pretty clear Barton will never play for us again as long as Shearer is in charge.

Generally agree, but two footed is tempting the red these days. fwiw I thought that Alonso could have rolled around a bit more and maybe arched his back in pain as if shot.

Guest alex

Pretty much my thoughts. I think he was daft but he actually got a bit of the ball (he made sure he got a bit of the man too mind) but you see worse fouls go without red cards all the time. It was poor tackle when I looked at it again though in the respect that Barton should have won the ball more cleanly and still cleaned Alonso out if he wanted too, if you know what I mean. Despite his reputation though he isn't a great tackler. Not quite Paul Scholes but along those lines.

It was a pointless tackle. He just needed to stand him up.

His reputation didnt help but he should know that it does. Completely stupid and he'll never seemingly learn.

I wonder who will buy him on hisextortionate wage when we get relegated . . . ?

Spot on, yellow for anyone else, maybe even a pat on the back from the ref if it was Gerard

Guest alex
It was a pointless tackle. He just needed to stand him up.

His reputation didnt help but he should know that it does. Completely stupid and he'll never seemingly learn.

I wonder who will buy him on hisextortionate wage when we get relegated . . . ?

I agree with you, but I think you'll know what I mean when I say that a better tackler would have won the ball clean as a whistle, one-footed and still nailed the soft cunt at the same time. Nothing wrong with that either imo.

Spot on, yellow for anyone else, maybe even a pat on the back from the ref if it was Gerard

Exactly. I'm not defending Barton's stupidity by any means but if it was media darling 'Stevie G' it would no way have happened. Btw Gerrard did used to do far worse tackles when he was younger, he used to be quite well known for his two footed lunge.

Yes, the referee may have been judging Barton on his reputation, but who's fault is it that he's got that reputation? I agree that Shearer shouldn't have been so frank in that interview though.

I'd agree there. Watching again. Stupid challenge yes. But yellow. Funny how the motd commentator was really shocked to see the red.

Little hope of it being overturned though.

I've got no problem with how frank Shearer was in his interview. Barton's a grown man. It's pussyfooting around and protecting these arseholes for being shit that's partially responsible for letting them get away with the performances that will see us in the Championship next season.

I've got no problem with how frank Shearer was in his interview. Barton's a grown man. It's pussyfooting around and protecting these arseholes for being shit that's partially responsible for letting them get away with the performances that will see us in the Championship next season.

I agree from that point of view, but having the manager publically slag off one of our players will make it more difficult to shift him (if anyone would be as stupid to buy him in the first place) and also give the papers more shit to write about. For example, it's the top story on BBC sport today.

Fly off the handle at him in the dressing room by all means, that's not pussyfooting around him. Just keep this sort of shit in-house.

Edited by luckyluke

I agree from that point of view, but having the manager publically slag off one of our players will make it more difficult to shift him (if anyone would be as stupid to buy him in the first place) and also give the papers more shit to write about. For example, it's the top story on BBC sport today.

Fly off the handle at him in the dressing room by all means, that's not pussyfooting around him. Just keep this sort of shit in-house.

Maybe. I've just lost all patience with them now though. I'd love for Shearer to go on the BBC and do an interview about Damien Duff where he calls him a disgraceful cowardly twat who doesn't take responsibility for being one of the senior pros, and is scared to do the job of a winger. Just so the horrible little twat knows that he's fooling nobody. I fucking hate Duff!

I've got no problem with the colour of the card, it was a pathetic act by Barton, totally over the top for the situation which in my mind was why it was red rather than yellow, had it been any other player it would have been yellow and a stern ticking off but Barton brings bagage, as soon as the ref saw the name on the back of the shirt his mind was made up.

The best you can say about him is he's as thick as mince. He's effectively banned himself when we need him most and for what? Not the sort of player we'd want to keep, championship or no. Sell him to Blackburn I say !