Newcastle United 3-1 Boro, full time.

Jimbo

Guest Stevie
My calfs are knacking. Them chairs are bloody lethal when you're trying to dance/pogo/pigbag.

I also seem to have damaged a finger at some point. Agony.

Some lads from Holland stood next to us for the game. They'd got the ferry across especially. Top lads. I did an impression of Steve McLaren to make them feel at home - "One Shteven Taylor".

One of them was the spitting dabs of Van Persie too.

Haha ditto.

• Replies 663
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guthrie shunned NUFC protocol :rolleyes:

Harper - absolute gash, says the match reviewer :yahoo:

Well I've seen some shocking keepers but I wouldn't put Harper's performance anywhere near that list. Given's had some howlers at City btw....

Well done though everyone, I'm sure Harper'll be feeling on top of the world for Saturday now.

Eh?! What do you expect people to say? How brilliant he was, despite him being distinctly average again?

It's about opinions man, and in many people's opinion who were at the match and could clearly see more than someone watching it from a stream, could see his distribution and willingness to help out the back 4 was painful.

And if Harper will now not be "on top of the world for Saturday", well he'll only have himself to blame.

You're insane. Whoever thinks that finding a new player to knock the shit out of is a good idea is an absolute fucking idiot.

Steven Taylor is everyone's favourite player now though. :dancing:

Seriously, get a grip. Harper's a very good keeper who didn't bail on us and he doesn't deserve the stick he's getting. I don't care if I'm in a minority of one, last night he added momentum to the play and made no glaring errors that I was concerned about. Of course the players were fucking nervous at times but really....

Harper doesn't inspire any confidence in me at all, I hope he's not our number one next year if we stay up.

Asprilla, I suggest you accept it's alright for fans to criticise players and you pipe down a bit. :boogie:

On a positive note, last night reminded me why I go to football matches. Incredible!

Yep. Can't be a soopafan until you've found a player to undermine. :nufc::yahoo:

:yahoo: I don't reckon any posts on here will affect Harper tbh. Get a fucking grip.

Exactly.

I'm not actively seeking out someone to have a go at, and I'm 100% supportive during the match. However, I am entitled to an opinion, and if I think Harper had a poor game then I'll say so. On a fans' message board of all places.

It's clear to see why he was number 2 for so many years tbh.

:rolleyes:

For a fanzine to be going WELL over the top criticising a player after THE BEST FUCKING TEAM PERFORMANCE WE'VE HAD THIS SEASON is stupid. :boogie:

It's ingrained. Seriously.

:yahoo: I don't reckon any posts on here will affect Harper tbh. Get a fucking grip.

Exactly.

I'm not actively seeking out someone to have a go at, and I'm 100% supportive during the match. However, I am entitled to an opinion, and if I think Harper had a poor game then I'll say so. On a fans' message board of all places.

For a fanzine to be going WELL over the top criticising a player after THE BEST FUCKING TEAM PERFORMANCE WE'VE HAD THIS SEASON is stupid. :boogie:

If you're saying you can't justifiably criticise a player just because we won a game then you're a fucking idiot. It may well have been our best performance of the season but it was anything but perfect.

As I said earlier, it was more a case of them being more shit than us than anything to really get excited about. A decent team would have beaten us handsomely IMO.

Guest alex

Exactly.

Just someone's honest view I thought tbf.

You didn't used to be, you crazy axe-wielding bastard!

4 years is a long time on the internets. :nufc:

If you're saying you can't justifiably criticise a player just because we won a game then you're a fucking idiot. It may well have been our best performance of the season but it was anything but perfect.

As I said earlier, it was more a case of them being more shit than us than anything to really get excited about. A decent team would have beaten us handsomely IMO.

At this stage it's about squeezing out every tiny drop of luck and self belief until the fat lady's singing. Attacking a player who really didn't do much wrong isn't the smartest move. That's all.

Exactly.

For a fanzine to be going WELL over the top criticising a player after THE BEST FUCKING TEAM PERFORMANCE WE'VE HAD THIS SEASON is stupid. :dancing:

Just someone's honest view I thought tbf.

The voice of reason. :boogie::yahoo:

Edited by Asprilla

Guest alex

I know what you're getting at like tbf Asprilla, i.e. was there any real need for it? But I suppose there's no point in writing a match report unless it's honest.

I know what you're getting at like tbf Asprilla, i.e. was there any real need for it? But I suppose there's no point in writing a match report unless it's honest.
I agree that match reports need to be accurate but in this situation I don't think players need to hear over the top criticism. The phrase "(Harper) who was otherwise absolute and utter gash" was not only unnecessary, it wasn't even true IMO.

Guest alex
I agree that match reports need to be accurate but in this situation I don't think players need to hear over the top criticism. The phrase "(Harper) who was otherwise absolute and utter gash" was not only unnecessary, it wasn't even true IMO.

Obviously was in his though :rolleyes:

Harpers distrubution was better tonight than it has been previously this season, a couple of times he threw it out quickly to beye, or someone else, who then got forwrad quickly and looked like a threat. Still not perfect, but better.

At this stage it's about squeezing out every tiny drop of luck and self belief until the fat lady's singing. Attacking a player who really didn't do much wrong isn't the smartest move. That's all

Fucking hell man it's people's opinions!! tbh IF (and it's a big fucking if) Harper does come on here and read up about what we're saying, he'll be a plank for taking it to heart.

Quite why you think people voicing their honest opinions on an open football forum is "not the smartest move" is quite beyond me. Perhaps you want us to start banning people for being negative? :rolleyes:

Obviously was in his though :yahoo:

:nufc: pwnt.

At this stage it's about squeezing out every tiny drop of luck and self belief until the fat lady's singing. Attacking a player who really didn't do much wrong isn't the smartest move. That's all

Fucking hell man it's people's opinions!! tbh IF (and it's a big fucking if) Harper does come on here and read up about what we're saying, he'll be a plank for taking it to heart.

Quite why you think people voicing their honest opinions on an open football forum is "not the smartest move" is quite beyond me. Perhaps you want us to start banning people for being negative? :yahoo:

... well seeing as you won't ban people for being WUMs or racists I doubt it. :boogie:

I think the article is more likely to reach him than Toontastic...but if you're reading Stevie baby, I think yer lush. :dancing: Can I have some tickets marra? :rolleyes:

I have to say, I agree. The description was over the top imo. It insinuates he did nothing right all game and that's totally untrue. It's the same with their comments about Guti. Yes, it wasn't his greatest game but jesus it wasn't all bad.

Other than that, I thought the rest of the article was pretty good. Not sure that Nolan was quite as good as they made out, but to be fair, I thought the 2nd goal came from a Guthrie cross until a read about it this morning :yahoo: So maybe I've missed other stuff Nolan did during the game too :rolleyes:

Tell you what, look how much it means to Dowie to escape the drop

celebrate.jpg

This is a man who a little over a month ago had absolutely no connection with the club yet he's going as mental as any lifelong Newcastle fan would.

Can't for life of me have ever expected that reaction out of the likes of Dean Saunders, Alan Murray, Kevin Bond or Nigel Pearson. The only no.2s in my memory who would have reacted like that would have been Terry Mac and John Carver - both of whom had links with the club.

Refreshing to see - Shearer and Dowie remind me very much of Keegan and Terry Mac (1st time round).

I have to agree with Asprilla, that no matter how well a club is doing, how perfect the performance may be, no matter at all, there's an undeniable portion of the support who need a scape goat. We had it when we were challenging for the title ten years ago and mired in mediocrity and now when we're struggling to survive. I've been guilty of it myself, I used to HATE Warren Barton... he was no where near the shite-hawk I made him out to be.

I do think Harper is in line for some justified criticism, but I think the level he's getting is a bit disproportionate.

Gemmil just likes his scape goat is all. :rolleyes: