Championship talk.

Park Life

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ipswich have 2 billionaire directors on the rich list and keane has 20m to waste

wba will walk the league as they always do

no idea what state newcastle will be in in 9 weeks but my money is already on the 2 above for automatic, probably 3 teams barnsley, plymouth and scunny that just can't compete and 19 clubs battling for the play offs.

when rovers where down for 2 seasons 10 years ago it was great as the youngsters (duff,dunn,johnson,taylor,jansen)all got us back up and we won regularly, would'nt want to go back ever again though......other than henchoz going to liverpool we did struggle like hell to cut the wage list though....ostenstad the white winston bogarde spent 3 years in the reserves turning down loans to see his contract out and all the crap that brian kidd signed like mcateer,ashley ward(fucks sake), nathan "the shit" blake just found their level without takers in the premier league. thank fuck we still had jack walker around still or we would have done a leeds only be in league 2 now.

Edited by SAM RED ADAIR ALLARDYCE

More importantly, piss up in Ipswich Jimbo?

Oh yes !!!!

and Leicester

and Peterborough

I think out minimum aim has to be the top 2 but minimum acceptable would have to be playoffs, its not a predictable division like the prem is

More importantly, piss up in Ipswich Jimbo?

Oh yes !!!!

and Leicester

and Peterborough

4 hour journey to each is it not? :wub:

I love the Championship, I've always taken an interest in it, it's a great open league, you can never say who's going to finish where and the best thing is, no "big four"!.

On a personal note as well, it's cheaper tickets and there's a lot of local clubs for me, win win!

I agree with whoever said it'd be nice to see a team of 20-year olds or whatever pulling on the shirt with passion. I'm optimistic for the season, no point looking back at last season, it's done, bring on the Championship!

I love the Championship, I've always taken an interest in it, it's a great open league, you can never say who's going to finish where and the best thing is, no "big four"!.

On a personal note as well, it's cheaper tickets and there's a lot of local clubs for me, win win!

I agree with whoever said it'd be nice to see a team of 20-year olds or whatever pulling on the shirt with passion. I'm optimistic for the season, no point looking back at last season, it's done, bring on the Championship!

Looking forward to it as well now, taken a few days mind. It would be good if we got points on the board early.

I expect to win the first 11 games at least. Hopefully 12.

I'm actually looking forward to the fixture list... It's going to be the first season in freaking ages where I haven't had to go through the list, scoring off Anfield, Old Trafford*, Stamford Bridge, Liverpool and Man U at home as total write offs. It's weird but Every game is winnable.

*I know we got a point against Man U but who expected or even dared to hope it

I'm actually looking forward to the fixture list... It's going to be the first season in freaking ages where I haven't had to go through the list, scoring off Anfield, Old Trafford*, Stamford Bridge, Liverpool and Man U at home as total write offs. It's weird but Every game is winnable.

Looking forward to enjoying games again without screaming at my chinese stream and smoking a pack in 2 hours.

We'll see how popular that still is if we're doing it at the wrong end of the table.

We'll see how popular that still is if we're doing it at the wrong end of the table.

Don't be naughty Fop.

Don't be naughty Fop.

Aye :wub:, but all the pride and passion in the world won't make up for being pants. It's all about quality (and failing that pace). A willingness to die for the cause is rather helpful when looking for suicide bombers, but in a footballer being able to make a pass is probably more useful, on balance. :secret: (now if we can have all that AND quality and pace then :lol: - but Ashley's budget isn't likely to stretch)

Besides which when (and hopefully not if) we get back up, it'd be nice to actually stay there. Fop's not ready to accept that a well run NUFC couldn't be a Premiership force (at least to UEFA levels) again. :lol:

We got a point at Stamford Bridge as well don't forget :wub:

It doesn't matter if you're the world's best player, if you don't put the effort in, it's useless. I'd much rather have untried Ben Tozer in the side rather than Argentine World Cup player Coloccini in it purely because I know that Tozer would go all in for those tackles and want to do well for the team while Coloccini will just sit there for 90 minutes as long as he gets his paycheck.

It doesn't matter if you're the world's best player, if you don't put the effort in, it's useless. I'd much rather have untried Ben Tozer in the side rather than Argentine World Cup player Coloccini in it purely because I know that Tozer would go all in for those tackles and want to do well for the team while Coloccini will just sit there for 90 minutes as long as he gets his paycheck.

Suraj, listen kidda, you're too intelligent for this site and your English is way above most of us on here. You live in Lahndaan, but support NUFC - why? (why, NUFC, not why you live in London!!).

Haha, what can I say? :lol:

My dad used to play Premier Manager 97 and he took over Newcastle. His star player was Alan Shearer and I just really liked the name Newcastle (cause I thought there was a New-Castle up there :wub: )

Stuck with them ever since I suppose. Although only really started taking an interest in football in about the 2003/4 season. Completed the Merlin Stickers Album that season :lol:

Haha, what can I say? :secret:

My dad used to play Premier Manager 97 and he took over Newcastle. His star player was Alan Shearer and I just really liked the name Newcastle (cause I thought there was a New-Castle up there :wub: )

Stuck with them ever since I suppose. Although only really started taking an interest in football in about the 2003/4 season. Completed the Merlin Stickers Album that season :lol:

Aye, aye. There is a new castle btw. Well, more of a Keep really.

Anyway, cheers for the reasons, daft as they are :lol:

We got a point at Stamford Bridge as well don't forget :lol:

:wub:

Haha, what can I say? :P

My dad used to play Premier Manager 97 and he took over Newcastle. His star player was Alan Shearer and I just really liked the name Newcastle (cause I thought there was a New-Castle up there :lol: )

Stuck with them ever since I suppose. Although only really started taking an interest in football in about the 2003/4 season. Completed the Merlin Stickers Album that season :D

:P

If it were as easy as 100% effort and going for all the tackles for 90 mins, then everyone would be Champions League champions. But it's not. :lol:

Look at Hull this season, effort (and a fair old bit of luck) got them a good start, but only our ritual suicide saved them in the end.

Now the Championship is a bit different, but without some quality (and pace) there it won't help, and it certainly won't help if we manage to get back up with a squad that just cannot cut it in the Premiership (our current squad could - certainly the one that started the season - albeit with a couple of extra players needed to fill in the holes).

It all depends who leaves. Do Owen and Viduka's contracts run out this summer? If so, that's a load of cash saved. A whole load of shit needs to be cleared out, and some reliable players brought in on the cheap. If yoy don't go up this season you are staying in the 1st division for a long time.