The little things that you enjoy...

Brock Manson

Well we have the ridiculous hate thread, why not a more light-hearted one?

What are the little things in life that never fail to put a smile on your face?

I for one:

- like it when someone tries a recipe I gave them and loves it

- like the fact that my girlfriend's mum said thankyou for looking after her daughter (wor lass is mighty ill bless her :lol:)

- get a small lift whenever I see Fox's double chocolate biscuits on offer :lol:

- love that glass of whiskey over ice after I've just finished an essay. :wub:

Well we have the ridiculous hate thread, why not a more light-hearted one?

What are the little things in life that never fail to put a smile on your face?

I for one:

- like it when someone tries a recipe I gave them and loves it

- like the fact that my girlfriend's mum said thankyou for looking after her daughter (wor lass is mighty ill bless her :lol:)

- get a small lift whenever I see Fox's double chocolate biscuits on offer :lol:

- love that glass of whiskey over ice after I've just finished an essay. :wub:

Fuck off Brock you twat!

I like dozing off to 'how it's made' on the discovery channel, the music is like a sleeping tablet.

You've given her the clap haven't you? :wub:

I enjoy mojitos

the company of my good friends

mary poppins and blackbeards ghost

little suprises

my dad singing ugly duckling

but most of all the way my son laughs and smiles nothing beats that

I'm a sucker for a "thank you" when someone truly means it.

Not like the "thank you" for holding the door open but like when you've truly put effort into it.

It's mostly when I've had long talks with someone.

I had a talk with my mates brother about how to approach school now that he's just about to start Year 10 and he has no idea what options to take etc. Hard for him cause his brother is always busy, parents are quite neglectful and whatnot so he doesn't really have a chance to talk to anyone.

Then my mate had an argument with his parents and walked out of his house and texted me to see if I wanted to come out and talk. He knew I had work to do but I tend to put my friendships before everything and I just chilled with him for a few hours and had a good talk.

There's loads more times but the look on their faces when they say thank you shows they truly appreciate it. Just shows how a little politeness can go far.

[/gay]

I'm a sucker for a "thank you" when someone truly means it.

Not like the "thank you" for holding the door open but like when you've truly put effort into it.

It's mostly when I've had long talks with someone.

I had a talk with my mates brother about how to approach school now that he's just about to start Year 10 and he has no idea what options to take etc. Hard for him cause his brother is always busy, parents are quite neglectful and whatnot so he doesn't really have a chance to talk to anyone.

Then my mate had an argument with his parents and walked out of his house and texted me to see if I wanted to come out and talk. He knew I had work to do but I tend to put my friendships before everything and I just chilled with him for a few hours and had a good talk.

There's loads more times but the look on their faces when they say thank you shows they truly appreciate it. Just shows how a little politeness can go far.

[/gay]

This thread just keeps getting gayer :wub:

I like it when my friends are feeling down, I just give them a big hug and a kiss on the cheek and let them really cry it out. I just love being a nice shoulder to cry on for my true friends when someone nasty has hurt their feelings

Frothy hot chocolate with marshmallows

The smell of a BBQ

The smell of freshly cut grass.

Walking down to the beach near where I live and watching the waves crash over the rocks... and knowing I am lucky to live here.

Walking through the woods in Autumn

Spoiling the people I love.

The first five minutes after my 2yr old daughter wakes up, she's still half asleep and overwhelmingly cute

The sound of the first beer of a BBQ opening

My Mothers cheese scones.

A good shite- unbeatable IMHO.

I love driving, especially when combined with great music. Recently I've had several enjoyable ones; the last 30 miles to Braemar, in Aberdeenshire, north from Perth, with Beck's cover of Day in The Life by the Beatles ringing in my ears; Manchester to Nottingham through the peak district with Van Morrison and The Chieftans and the Irish Heartbeat album; and an old favourite, the M62 between Manchester and Leeds. The last time I drove the latter it was on a Sunday, the evening sun perfectly complementing the sweeping views, with Astral Weeks rolling out of the speakers. Heaven.

Warm fresh bread..and the smell of Tiger bread in my kitchen when I get up.

Smell of fresh coffee.

The heavenly smell of bacon cooking.

Choosing a Christmas tree and decorating it.

Meeting my friends for lunch and much gossip!

Sitting down to watch a GP with a bag of jelly babies :wub:

I love driving, especially when combined with great music. Recently I've had several enjoyable ones; the last 30 miles to Braemar, in Aberdeenshire, north from Perth, with Beck's cover of Day in The Life by the Beatles ringing in my ears; Manchester to Nottingham through the peak district with Van Morrison and The Chieftans and the Irish Heartbeat album; and an old favourite, the M62 between Manchester and Leeds. The last time I drove the latter it was on a Sunday, the evening sun perfectly complementing the sweeping views, with Astral Weeks rolling out of the speakers. Heaven.

Jeff Beck or Beck Hansen?

Watching someone trip up :wub:

Looking up at a starry sky.

A Devon cream tea

Snuggling under my duvet on a rainy day when Ive worked night shift.

Edited by Toonraider