Unexplained balls of light seen over North East

Angelus71

MYSTERY balls of light have been spotted in the skies over the North East.

Shocked onlookers watched in astonishment as glowing orange orbs hovered eerily overhead before gliding slowly out of the town of Stanley.

These mysterious craft are part of a recent upsurge of strange and unexplained phenomena seen flying over the region, which has seen two more sightings recorded this week alone.

A man in Rowlands Gill saw strange lights and a trainee pilot, operating from Newcastle International Airport, reported seeing similar golden orbs in the sky.

Phil Lobley, 48, of Stanley, County Durham, was heading up to bed at around 10.30pm on Sunday night when he spotted the startling sight through his back window.

He said: “I saw what looked like two golden globes just above the trees towards St Andrew’s Church.

“They were moving slowly from west to east and there was no sound. I called for my partner to look as well and, sure enough, I wasn’t seeing things.”

The pair rushed into the back garden to get a better look at the luminescent objects gliding across the sky.

“There were four more going past silently as before, below the level of any plane or helicopter.

“There was a taxi driver who had stopped on View Lane and I pointed them out to him. He couldn’t explain what they were likely to be.”

A small crowd had gathered including a coach-load of musicians from the local Reg Vardy band.

One man who witnessed the events unfolding from higher up Church Bank saw a total of nine orbs that formed into a square formation, before disappearing from view.

Wendy Dawley, a spokeswoman for Newcastle International Airport said that air traffic control radar did not pick up any activity matching the description of the Stanley sightings.

Military radar at RAF Boulmer in Northumberland also failed to spot any signs of UFOs in that area.

Spokeswoman Anne Russell said: “Personnel on duty were not aware of any unusual flying activity on Sunday evening and nothing has been reported to us.”

I do believe there's life out there, but do they have the technology for space travel?

Edited by Angelus71

No one would have believed, in the last years of the

nineteenth century, that human affairs were being watched from the timeless worlds

of space.

No one could have dreamed we were being scrutinized, as someone with a microscope

studies creatures that swarm and multiply in a drop of water. Few men even considered

the possibility of life on other planets and yet, across the gulf of space, minds

immeasurably superior to ours regarded this Earth with envious eyes, and slowly and

surely, they drew their plans against us.

:wub:

DUH duh duh! Da Da Da!!!!

I do believe there's life out there, but do they have the technology for space travel?

The question is more likely, do they have the technology to make Chinese balloon lanterns? :wub:

:lol:

Our technology gone from feck all to wireless portable everything for all in a few thousand years. We've evolved from 'rats' in 65 million years. The universe is circa 13.5 billion years old, allegedly. Could be 6000 years old, of course. :D

It is madness to think we are the only ones, further madness to think we are the most evolved, and we keep breaking through all perceived 'barriers'.

When we develop interstellar travel what is going to be the most interesting thing to have a deek at?

Life.

So why wouldn't others come and check out this particular zoo?

That is all.

:lol:

Our technology gone from feck all to wireless portable everything for all in a few thousand years. We've evolved from 'rats' in 65 million years. The universe is circa 13.5 billion years old, allegedly. Could be 6000 years old, of course. :D

It is madness to think we are the only ones, further madness to think we are the most evolved, and we keep breaking through all perceived 'barriers'.

When we develop interstellar travel what is going to be the most interesting thing to have a deek at?

Life.

So why wouldn't others come and check out this particular zoo?

That is all.

Who thinks that? At this stage though there is no way of knowing either way whether extraterrestrial life exists, although intuition tells us it's likely. But is it in contact with us, and if so has it unwittingly allowed itself to be observed? That I find highly unlikely.

I think that fella, pretty obvious that one. :D

I'd imagine everyone knows this by now, however, life has evolved around pitch black deep sea underwater vents with the energy source being hydrogen sulfide and not the sun, bacterial life exists in rocks miles underground, also under enormous pressure. Life not reliant on our 'perfect' set of circumstances. These conditions are so different to our own that it doesn't take a massive leap of faith to say if life is here, there and everywhere on Earth then why not amongst the billions etc etc etc.

I believe it is crazy to put us alone in the universe and given that, if there are other expressions of evolution elsewhere, also crazy to think we're the most evolved, biologically or technologically. Of course we currently have no way of knowing, it's a thought experiment and that's all I have. Sightings, video, actor's terrible drawings and other people's stories are less compelling than those thoughts to me.

Why would there be a grand plan to keep themselves hidden? It's not Star Trek you know. Theoretically there could be numerous visitors, we might just be another stop on an intergalactic safari. Trying to keep themselves hidden implies they are either godlike or concerned with affecting our development...maybe they are trying to do the latter by being obvious? Maybe some hide, maybe some don't. Maybe they don't give a fuck as they deem us so far beneath them, who knows what the fuck is in their heads...if they are indeed here having a proper gander. :P

It pisses me off that we give so much respect to the many splendoured, horribly diversive and destructive fantasies of religion and yet people who take this subject seriously are still considered wackos by society at large. Sightings and stories from people, who often know they will only attract derision yet still feel compelled to share their experiences, are often dismissed automatically by very intelligent people.

Why are people so quick to reject, so reluctant to entertain this as a considerable possibility? :lol:

Edited by trophyshy

I wouldnt be surprised if they killed us all. The majority of humans are vile narcissitic creatures more worried about wealth and status than the well being of others and our planet.

They would take one look at the famine and civil war rife across Africa and the sheer pollution London does to the planet on a daily basis and wipe the lot of us out to leave every other species with a chance of surviving. Theres only one species on this planet doing any damage and its us

I think that fella, pretty obvious that one. :D

I'd imagine everyone knows this by now, however, life has evolved around pitch black deep sea underwater vents with the energy source being hydrogen sulfide and not the sun, bacterial life exists in rocks miles underground, also under enormous pressure. Life not reliant on our 'perfect' set of circumstances. These conditions are so different to our own that it doesn't take a massive leap of faith to say if life is here, there and everywhere on Earth then why not amongst the billions etc etc etc.

I believe it is crazy to put us alone in the universe and given that, if there are other expressions of evolution elsewhere, also crazy to think we're the most evolved, biologically or technologically. Of course we currently have no way of knowing, it's a thought experiment and that's all I have. Sightings, video, actor's terrible drawings and other people's stories are less compelling than those thoughts to me.

Why would there be a grand plan to keep themselves hidden? It's not Star Trek you know. Theoretically there could be numerous visitors, we might just be another stop on an intergalactic safari. Trying to keep themselves hidden implies they are either godlike or concerned with affecting our development...maybe they are trying to do the latter by being obvious? Maybe some hide, maybe some don't. Maybe they don't give a fuck as they deem us so far beneath them, who knows what the fuck is in their heads...if they are indeed here having a proper gander. :P

It pisses me off that we give so much respect to the many splendoured, horribly diversive and destructive fantasies of religion and yet people who take this subject seriously are still considered wackos by society at large. Sightings and stories from people, who often know they will only attract derision yet still feel compelled to share their experiences, are often dismissed automatically by very intelligent people.

Why are people so quick to reject, so reluctant to entertain this as a considerable possibility? :lol:

I agree with a lot of that, but if they don't want to stay hidden and are as common as you suggest, wouldn't you expect there to be some better evidence around today, especially with the invention of mobile phone cameras etc?

I appreciate you regard it as a 'thought experiment' but what exactly is that and how can it be verified? I think people do take a lot of it seriously, millions has been spent on SETI and iirc a new advanced satellite is going to be launched for further research. What scientists don't take seriously though are anecdotes. A thousand individual anecdotes is not evidence. The same is true for ghosts and religious phenomena btw, which I personally think are more absurd due to a lack of any plausible mechanism to support them.

Re. your first question there are dozens of shakey videos and mobile phone footage of 'UFO's' uploaded to youtube every day. Search for UFO and sort by newest. You could spend your whole life analysing them, proabably debunk many but not all.

A thought experiment is applied when no actual experimentation is possible. It is theoretical based upon known quantities and proposed outcomes. Others may reach different conclusion to me. Good on them.

There is no verification unless something undeniable happens to me (personal verification but likely to mean nothing to the masses who probably already think I'm a wacko anyway) or something occurs to the population at large and broad agreement about it's nature is reached. We can all have theories about what all this shit flying about might be. One person believing they have heard the voice of God does not prove God, nor does billions of people believing in him/her. We need to meet God, have full open discourse, explanation, cross referenceable proof, repeatable results, see a miracle, have it ratified by numerous independent bodies, full debate and probing etc etc... same applies for anything unknown and outside of our current understanding.

Currently we seem to have broad agreement that God exists, incidentally.

Even if half the US president's staff and a camera crew were taken up into a UFO, met with aliens, were given pictures of the home planet and gifts the like of which we cannot imagine etc etc, it's highly likely we as a population and individuals would discredit it as Hollywood or a stunt or manipulation...I don't see how we will accept this unless we either have an Independence Day type event (not necessarily with the extermination bit) or are drip fed the truth over years and decades until we have slowly carefully been shown what reality is. Would anyone have the prescience to do that though?

I ask you this, if our world leaders do happen to know about the existence of extra-terrestrials or are even complicit in their remaining outside of our reality, which of them would ever have the courage to let the genie out the bottle? The fear of the ramifications of potentially, radically altering people's perceptions of our place in the Universe would likely be enormous. But I think little would change, it might take a generation to accept it as a norm, but we'd all still need to work, get along, fuck eachother, drink beer, worry about climate change or General Motors etc. It might just be nice to know we are not alone. Sadly I think when, if, it does happen it will be used as another control technique to supress the masses into compliance to further the power base's agenda. Maybe this partly explains why we don't know about them.

Edited by trophyshy

Re. your first question there are dozens of shakey videos and mobile phone footage of 'UFO's' uploaded to youtube every day. Search for UFO and sort by newest. You could spend your whole life analysing them, proabably debunk many but not all.

A thought experiment is applied when no actual experimentation is possible. It is theoretical based upon known quantities and proposed outcomes. Others may reach different conclusion to me. Good on them.

There is no verification unless something undeniable happens to me (personal verification but likely to mean nothing to the masses who probably already think I'm a wacko anyway) or something occurs to the population at large and broad agreement about it's nature is reached. We can all have theories about what all this shit flying about might be. One person believing they have heard the voice of God does not prove God, nor does billions of people believing in him/her. We need to meet God, have full open discourse, explanation, cross referenceable proof, repeatable results, see a miracle, have it ratified by numerous independent bodies, full debate and probing etc etc... same applies for anything unknown and outside of our current understanding.

Currently we seem to have broad agreement that God exists, incidentally.

Even if half the US president's staff and a camera crew were taken up into a UFO, met with aliens, were given pictures of the home planet and gifts the like of which we cannot imagine etc etc, it's highly likely we as a population and individuals would discredit it as Hollywood or a stunt or manipulation...I don't see how we will accept this unless we either have an Independence Day type event (not necessarily with the extermination bit) or are drip fed the truth over years and decades until we have slowly carefully been shown what reality is. Would anyone have the prescience to do that though?

I ask you this, if our world leaders do happen to know about the existence of extra-terrestrials or are even complicit in their remaining outside of our reality, which of them would ever have the courage to let the genie out the bottle? The fear of the ramifications of potentially, radically altering people's perceptions of our place in the Universe would likely be enormous. But I think little would change, it might take a generation to accept it as a norm, but we'd all still need to work, get along, fuck eachother, drink beer, worry about climate change or General Motors etc. It might just be nice to know we are not alone. Sadly I think when, if, it does happen it will be used as another control technique to supress the masses into compliance to further the power base's agenda. Maybe this partly explains why we don't know about them.

Interesting post, I don't have the time to go as much into this as I like, but I'll give you the results of my personal though experiment. :lol:

I think that there is probably intelligent extraterrestrial life out there, but I imagine it is incredibly rare, possibly limited to an average of no more than a few per Galaxy, given the huge number of variables that have to be right (and the fact that for all we know that the initiation of life might have been a fluke). I think the instances when extraterrestrial civilisations have come into contact with each other might be vanishingly small in the Universe, let alone in the Galaxy. Perhaps it has never happened even.

We don't know with any certainty that interstellar travel is possible. In all likelihood this would require travel at very close to the speed of light and even then voyages would take thousands of years (faster than light speed by any mechanism is a nonsense to me as it would open the door for time travel paradoxes). If it has happened, then the aliens would be so technologically advanced compared to us we could never interact with them any more than a human can to a mouse.

This is all supposition of course and may seem unduely pessimistic (or indeed optimistic depending on your take on matters), but is equally valid to your opinion I'm sure you agree.

I don't agree at all there is any agreement in the existance of God btw, however broad you want to make it. Don't know why you threw that in but one interesting thing that proven extraterrestrial contact would do is surely forever banish the concept of God (as we know it).

The last paragraph doesn't hold any sway with me. I don't believe in any conspiracies involving more than a few people for many reasons. Like everything else about UFOs and religion though, it is by definition imposible to disprove.