Point of No Return

The Fish

Ashley wants to sell and needs to sell, but selling during the season would imo be terrible, the upheaval at the club could seriously damage our fortunes on the pitch. Simply, Ashley needs to sell a good 3 weeks before the season starts, if he can't we should stick with him until Xmas.

thoughts?

yeah but I'm saying what if there isn't a buyer out there immediately? would it be wise to sell during the season? when the new owners finances cannot be bought to bear, the process will distract people at the club?

He won't be able to sell, or he'll get an offer that his greed will not allow him to. The day before the season kicks off he will take us off the market and say he's going to get right behind the team, expects us to, this time he is serious about us ...etc etc etc.

He won't be able to sell, or he'll get an offer that his greed will not allow him to. The day before the season kicks off he will take us off the market and say he's going to get right behind the team, expects us to, this time he is serious about us ...etc etc etc.

totally agree. just a ploy to have a fire sale and not buy any players imo :icon_lol:

I don't understand this shit about takeovers distracting the players and their performances on the pitch, it has fuck all to do with kicking a ball around.

I don't understand this shit about takeovers distracting the players and their performances on the pitch, it has fuck all to do with kicking a ball around.

If you've ever worked in an office that's going through a merger, or been bought out, or even if there's just going to be a shift in policy, the workers do get distracted, and give we don't have much quality, we can ill afford distracted shit players.

If you've ever worked in an office that's going through a merger, or been bought out, or even if there's just going to be a shift in policy, the workers do get distracted, and give we don't have much quality, we can ill afford distracted shit players.

there is a difference though, football clubs aren't normal businneses they work differently, a new owner isn't going to come in and start canceling players contracts left right and centre when the trans window isnt open

there is a difference though, football clubs aren't normal businneses they work differently, a new owner isn't going to come in and start canceling players contracts left right and centre when the trans window isnt open

Aye, that's my thinking.

Do you further propose then, that the boardroom chaos this past year has not had an affect on the players and their relegation? Has that solely been down to the managers/players being cack?

Do you further propose then, that the boardroom chaos this past year has not had an affect on the players and their relegation? Has that solely been down to the managers/players being cack?

It's an excuse I don't accept - theres been plenty shit for the past couple of years at Liverpool with no effect.

Relegation is down to shit management in Kinnear and shit squad building imo - both down to MA.

Shit players and shit managers aye. Apart from appointing the shit managers and buying the shit players / selling decent ones, how do you think Ashley has affected the team?

I'm not arguing the case either way tbh as it's totally unknowable and I can't be arsed.

Instability is not a good thing though, and you can take that to the bank. :icon_lol:

Has the fans campaign against Ashley affected the team? Again, just a question.

Serious question, if Ashley died tomorrow would the club be better or worse off?

Ok after the probate is sorted?

What have you got planned? :icon_lol:

I'm willing to provide an alibi :icon_lol:

There can be no bad time for Ashley to sell, before the transfer window ideally as HOPEFULLY new owners will have some form of plan rather than fat boys "sell anything that isnt nailed down, and if it is nailed down then grab a claw hammer and loosen the twat" plan.

There would however be nothing gained by him holding onto it after the season has started, every day that goes by will see another nail pulled out.

Surely if its going to be bought the new owners could install a kind of temporary dof to act as their representative and buy and sell as per the new managers wishes until it is all signed and sealed-then again that may be too simplistic