We'll need at least 86 points next season

Rob W

In the last 10 years you've needed 79 - 92 points for automatic promotion

In 8 seasons you'd have needed 86 or more

That's a hell of an ask for this lot

Edited by Rob W

I honestly think the best we'll get is the playoffs, the likes of West Brom, Boro, Sheffield United, Reading etc have squads much more up to the task. I think as long as we keep a few and sign one or two we'll make the top 6 but no better than playoffs.

I don't think it'd necessarily be the best thing for us to bounce straight back. I think it'd be a false position... we need to build strong foundations and a couple of seasons in the championship will allow us to build a squad of hungry, young players who're willing to play for each other instead of just a pay packet.

Dont think we will go up to be honest and if we do it certainly wont be automatic. I think even if a new owner is brought in quickly It's going to take a long time to adapt and sort out the squad. Look at QPR, the board came in with a massive ammount of money and it's still taken them a time, They didn't even make playoffs last year did they.

Mid table for us next season imo

I think that's fair - by the time a new owner gets in, sorts out the situation etc the transfer window will be closed as well and we'll be stuck with ecurrent dross for at least half the season

I think that's fair - by the time a new owner gets in, sorts out the situation etc the transfer window will be closed as well and we'll be stuck with ecurrent dross for at least half the season

Hope not

If we can have a new owner an the manager situation sorted by the end of the month then i feel we can do well. The alternative isn't nice to think about.

Edited by 2bias

Its all about momentum - if we can get 75% of the league worried about playing againt us we will be ok but start badly and it could be an uphill battle to turn it round

The whole league will see it as a cup final and will undoubtedly raise their game. I honestly don't think any club will "fear" us next season. They've nothing to lose either way! If they lose they bring out "newcastle are the superior club and they were always expected to win" if they win it will be on of their greatest victories that season. Especially for the likes of Scunthorpe, Doncaster and Blackpool! They'll release DVD's of it!

Its all about momentum - if we can get 75% of the league worried about playing againt us we will be ok but start badly and it could be an uphill battle to turn it round

The whole league will see it as a cup final and will undoubtedly raise their game. I honestly don't think any club will "fear" us next season. They've nothing to lose either way! If they lose they bring out "newcastle are the superior club and they were always expected to win" if they win it will be on of their greatest victories that season. Especially for the likes of Scunthorpe, Doncaster and Blackpool! They'll release DVD's of it!

I do agree with the whole fa cup final mind set but just taking the keegan promotion as experience the start did it and after that teams literally melted at sjp

To me the critical thing is to try and make sure we win ALL our home games

but then we need some strikers..............

To me the critical thing is to try and make sure we win ALL our home games

but then we need some strikers an owner and a manager.............

I do agree with the whole fa cup final mind set but just taking the keegan promotion as experience the start did it and after that teams literally melted at sjp

Is there any suggestion, at all, that's going to happen again?

I think we need to be aiming for 65+ points to cushion the points deduction administration is going to take at this rate.

I think we need to be aiming for 65+ points to cushion the points deduction administration is going to take at this rate.

aye, it looks more and more like its going to happen! Fuckin Ashley!!!

Boycout the Club!!! :lol:

Nope but I was being delusional and thought a quick sale and management set up was in the offing - thats that fucked then

The general impression on Championship forums is that we will do well to finish in the top half.

Some clubs are almost designed around the ability to bounce back from relegation and we aren't one of them,

The general impression on Championship forums is that we will do well to finish in the top half.

Some clubs are almost designed around the ability to bounce back from relegation and we aren't one of them,

Can't help but agree with that assessment as things stand. It'd be different if a new manager could geton and sort out the squad but that doesn't look like happening atm

Well there's a lot of decent teams who know the league who will be better prepared than us.

Ashley is pretty much writing off next season with all the delay!

I'd be more concerned about how many points you need to stay up given the present situation.

Yes that's more like it. People must be dreamimg talking about automatic promotion!! Get real! Unless things change drastically (which I doubt) We will struggle to beat alot of the teams in this league. Plus everyone will want to beat us, we have no confidence, no fight and no team spirit and poor players. I hope I'm wrong but without alot good luck and much change I'd be happy to just stay up and build from there.

Can't see us bouncing back at the first time of asking unfortunately. You also need roughly 40 points just to stay in the league, even that seems like a lot at this moment in time.