Pre-Season

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know we played Yeading in a pre season friendly at home, but that was a favour, what favours do we owe Leeds. A mickey mouse club from Yorkshire, who are no real attraction from the division below. They are a rugby town club who have never averaged over 40,000 in their existance. Just shows how desperate our situation is that we arrange friendlies on June the fuckin 17th against lower league sides at home. Oh dear. I mean why invite Leeds? They might bring 3,000 for a visit to a far bigger club fair enough, it's a taste of the big time even for the stadium which they haven't had for 5 years, but Leeds? Arsehole fans etc, why ask Leeds, why not fuckin Norwich? I reckon we'll have 5,000+ Darlo and Hudds as long as we get taken over and signings are made.

You are like a broken record, attendances are not the be all and end all. You didn't manage to fill it last season and its going to be really really interesting to see if your still getting 49,000 turn up to watch Cardiff on a tuesday night.

Newcastle is not a far bigger club than Leeds, they are more or less equal. They have won I think 9 trophies to your 12. Your stadium capacity is the only real thing you have to gloat about and you do, every frikkin post you can. See is you can think of something else apart from attendance

Shame it's Sat, 3pm.

I didn't mean it literally, I mean there will be crappy games on crappy days that the fans wont turn out for. Whether you get your stadium filled on saturday 3pms week in week out remains to be seen.

http://www.fcutrecht.net/?view=1829

A game against FC Utrecht? Need someone who understands Dutch....

C Utrecht start next Saturday like any preparation with his first training match against regioteam. Early July will start a training camp in Hoenderloo. But every year is again the question of what will be the opening match which can be visited for free by the loyal season holders. This year it's likely that the opening match played against the English Newcastle United. It is also envisaged that FC Utrecht also performs well against a Turkish club whose name is not yet known. In this way also affects Utrecht opponents size and the pressure hose Zaan up. The dates of the training competitions are published as soon as possible on this website.

google translate.

I work in Halifax, so I'll pop up the road to Huddersfield after the game. It's actually on my way home to Leeds I think, more or less.

Incidentally, I drive past Elland Road every day to get to work. A shitty little ground for a small club, whose fans have deserted it during the fall from grace for the Rhinos, I hardly ever see anyone in a Leeds shirt around town, but plenty of blue and yellow. Part timers.

Edited by luckyluke

Shamrock Rovers(Dublin) confirmed as another friendly fixture on July 11.

They openend a new stadium this season after moving grounds for the last 30 years or so. Real Madrid will play them a few days after us.

Just thought I'd do a quick check for anyone interested in heading to it, the stadium is immediately opposite the Maldron Hotel(you could watch the game from your room, probably). e54 for the Saturday night on this link.

Tallaght is about half an hours drive from the airport, and 20mins from the city centre. The Luas(a newer version of the Metro) runs to O' Connell Street every 5-10minutes, so you could stay in the city centre and commute out.

Utrecht's right next to Amsterdam. :icon_lol:

And the mackems are in the Amsterdam tourno that weekend. :icon_lol:

However, on a downside, it's the same day as the SBR charity match. :icon_lol:

Utrecht's right next to Amsterdam. :icon_lol:

Utrecht is about 30 minustes on the train from Amsterdam (South) - I've been 3 times after meeting a couple of lads when we played PSV in 97 - will probably go again this time.

I'm doing a trip to Utrecht. Anyone know roughly how long it takes to get from Utrecht stadium to Utrecht train station?

Maybe a half hour walk or you can get a bus which takes 10/15 minutes iirc.

Cheers, may just hop in a taxi from the ground then. Will be out the ground at about 4.30 and the plane back is at 7.50, so with online check in the latest we can be there is 7.20. At the station for 5, should be at Schipol 6.30 at the latest.

Utrecht's right next to Amsterdam. :)

And the mackems are in the Amsterdam tourno that weekend. :aye:

However, on a downside, it's the same day as the SBR charity match. :wank:

Think I'd rather stay in Rotterdam...... bound to be loads of bother like. Utrecht are the worst mob in Holland apparently, and no doubt those Feyenoord twats who showed up at Alkmaar will likely pay a visit as well.....can't be arsed with all that shite, always looking over your shoulder :rolleyes:

However, on a downside, it's the same day as the SBR charity match. :)

Am I the only one that sees that as extremely bad planning?

No players from the club available to attend the game, no directors, manager (whatever the fuck one of them is!) to show their face, sit with Bobby or provide possibly much needed help? Fans now torn between following the club they love or attending a charity match.

Planning? pah whats that? :rolleyes:

However, on a downside, it's the same day as the SBR charity match. :)

Am I the only one that sees that as extremely bad planning?

No players from the club available to attend the game, no directors, manager (whatever the fuck one of them is!) to show their face, sit with Bobby or provide possibly much needed help? Fans now torn between following the club they love or attending a charity match.

Planning? pah whats that? :rolleyes:

Utter disgrace if you ask me.

Utrecht's right next to Amsterdam. :)

Utrecht is about 30 minustes on the train from Amsterdam (South) - I've been 3 times after meeting a couple of lads when we played PSV in 97 - will probably go again this time.

Well, pretty close* :rolleyes:

Sat 11.07.2009 Shamrock Rovers (a) @ 3pm.

(Tallaght Stadium) Adults £13, Juniors (U14s) £4.25, Student (14-18) £8.50, Over 65s £8.

The Irish Independent newspaper report that United will use the Carton House training facility in Maynooth (about 15 miles west of Dublin) from early July.

Sat 18.07.2009 Darlington (a) @ 12.30pm.

(Darlington Arena, DL2 1DL) Adults £10, Juniors £5.

Tue 21.07.2009 Huddersfield Town (a) @ 7.45pm.

(Galpharm Stadium, HD1 6PX) No advance sales, pay at the gate. Adults £15, Juniors (U16) £5, Students £10, Over 60s £10.

Newcastle fans will be in the away section behind one goal (the Pink Link Stand) while the ground will be three-sided for this game, with the behind the opposite goal closed.

Wed 29.07.2009 Leeds United (h) @ 7.45pm

Adults £10, Juniors (U18s) £5, Students £7.50, Over 65s £7.50. For premium seating areas: Adult £15 Juniors (U18S) £7.50, Students £10, Over 65s £10. Level Seven areas and rear sections of Leazes and Gallowgate ends aren't on sale.

Sun 02.08.2009 Dundee United (a) @ 3pm.

(Tannadice, DD3 7JW) Adults £12, Juniors (U18s) £8, Over 60s £8. Away supporters will be housed in the Fair Play Stand, which adjoins the Main Stand (same place as for our 1999 friendly there).