Bassong

donaldstott

According to Skysports, he's talking to 2 English clubs regarding a transfer, Spurs, Villa, City and Arsenal mentioned. It's taken from quotes he gave to a French mag.

Predictable but it would be nice for him to hold off for a week or so until the club is sold so that the money isn't trousered by fat boy!

I would keep Edgar, apart from the horrorible moment at Villa, I'm not sure he's put a foot wrong.

I think Edgar looks like a canny prospect at CB but someone on here said the contract he'd been offered was a bit of an insult so he was off to Burnley iirc. GREAT.

aye that one season he spent here on tiny wages compared to those around him whilst simultaneously being our best player means he owes our club big time

or he should leave for top flight football because thats what anyone in his situation would want to do

aye that one season he spent here on tiny wages compared to those around him whilst simultaneously being our best player means he owes our club big time

or he should leave for top flight football because thats what anyone in his situation would want to do

This.

Can I actually have my name changed if he leaves? or is it non-reversable?

The fact is we dragged him up from the french second division into the best league in the world and gave him a regular starting spot, he was by far our best defender and a personal favourite of mine (see username) but if hes not willing to fight it out for us in the championship then he clearly has no passion for the club so he can kindly move on, same goes for anyone else not willing to fight for us.

Its not just getting rid of the high earners its getting rid of the twats who couldnt care less whether they pull on the stripes or not.

I doubt anyone put a gun to the lads head when he was signed from Metz. Not many other clubs were banging his door down.

However, I don't think I blame any player for leaving this mess of a club. Some loyalty would be nice though.

Beye and Taylor could easily sign on for a Premierleague team but they realise they owe the fans and are willing to graft for 12 months to get us out of this mess. Fuck all the cowards that cant wait to be away

It all depends on the club's finances. If we are close to meltdown, then we have to sell him. However, if we can ride out the storm then FUCK HIM. If he's on a contract for little money then he can see it out (benefits us) - or as close to it ending as we dare before having to sell him.

Beye and Taylor could easily sign on for a Premierleague team but they realise they owe the fans and are willing to graft for 12 months to get us out of this mess. Fuck all the cowards that cant wait to be away

Perhaps they could offer to cut their wages to Bassong's (championship) level rather than cling on to lucrative contracts that would bankrupt the club if the whole squad were as committed.

Can't see it like.