Arabs take over Premiership Club....

smoggeordie

An unnamed English Premier League club has been bought by a member of the ruling family in the United Arab Emirates, according to the WAM news agency.

The report, released on Sunday, claims Sheikh Ahmed bin Saqr Al Qasimi, chairman of the Ras Al Khaimah Department of Customs and Seaports, has acquired a 60 per cent stake in a Premier League club.

It has also been reported Sheikh Ahmed will be made the honorary chairman of the club, once the takeover is complete.

If the deal does go through the unnamed club will become the second top flight outfit to be Middle East owned, following on from Abu Dhabi Sheikh Mansour's takeover at Manchester City.

Portsmouth are also in the process of being taken over by another Abu Dhabi investor, with Sulaiman al-Fahim bidding to take charge at Fratton Park.

The WAM report states that more details of any potential deal are to be released at a press conference in the next few days.

I lost interest when I saw it was a premiership club

Sad thing for me was I actually started to think "hang on 60% doesn't make sense" then realised the key word.

I lost interest when I saw it was a premiership club

Sad thing for me was I actually started to think "hang on 60% doesn't make sense" then realised the key word.

:icon_lol:

The latest rumour is that it might not necessarily be a Premiership club, but more a 'top club'. The Sun has mentioned our name, so you never know. Don't know why they would only buy 60% though, unless they have another rich oil tycoon buying the other 40!

The latest rumour is that it might not necessarily be a Premiership club, but more a 'top club'. The Sun has mentioned our name, so you never know. Don't know why they would only buy 60% though, unless they have another rich oil tycoon buying the other 40!

Maybe it's 60% because they don't want to lose Ashley's expertise :icon_lol:

How about someone a bit closer to home who has connections in the oil industry but more likely to be considered a buffoon than a tycoon? :icon_lol:

That rules us out then.

How about someone a bit closer to home who has connections in the oil industry but more likely to be considered a buffoon than a tycoon? :icon_lol:

Someone....offshore perhaps?

Someone....offshore perhaps?

That'll be the one.