Wimbledon

smoggeordie

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest alex
Aye, you don't even like tennis but you wanted him to lose because he's Scottish and they're the xenophobic ones ;):lol:

Anyway, to put into perspective that's as well as I've seen Roddick play and serve in ages and it's also the best Murray has ever done at Wimbledon. And I think whoever had won that match would lose to Federer the way he's playing in any case.

I think Murray is slightly better than Henman was [not that I think Henman was shit, I wish NUFC were ranked among the worlds top 6 football clubs] but you do wonder if he's going to go through his career being constantly stopped from winning the big prizes, especially Wimbledon, by the likes of Nadal, because he's always going to have to beat him being almost the same age.

This year was a good chance for him, but Federer is one of the greats of tennis and Roddick is going to have be at his absolute peak if he's going to win.

Well the thing in his favour is that he's got at least as good a chance at the US and Australian Opens as he has at Wimbledon over the next few years and he did beat Nadal well at last year's US Open in the semis. Obviously there'll be a bit less pressure on him at those two too.

Aye, you don't even like tennis but you wanted him to lose because he's Scottish and they're the xenophobic ones ;):lol:

Anyway, to put into perspective that's as well as I've seen Roddick play and serve in ages and it's also the best Murray has ever done at Wimbledon. And I think whoever had won that match would lose to Federer the way he's playing in any case.

I think Murray is slightly better than Henman was [not that I think Henman was shit, I wish NUFC were ranked among the worlds top 6 football clubs] but you do wonder if he's going to go through his career being constantly stopped from winning the big prizes, especially Wimbledon, by the likes of Nadal, because he's always going to have to beat him being almost the same age.

This year was a good chance for him, but Federer is one of the greats of tennis and Roddick is going to have be at his absolute peak if he's going to win.

Well the thing in his favour is that he's got at least as good a chance at the US and Australian Opens as he has at Wimbledon over the next few years and he did beat Nadal well at last year's US Open in the semis. Obviously there'll be a bit less pressure on him at those two too.

aye, he should pick up a couple of titles from somewhere, but Wimbledon is a different thing altogether.

Incidentally, not many people know Sue Barker won the French title when she played.

Absolutely delighted. No such thing as a British tennis player in my eyes.

I wouldn't say I'm delighted at all, but I'm all for letting the Scottish be Scottish and letting the English be English providing they are not automatically labeled racists for daring to show as much national pride and national identity as the Scots.

Mate the average jock is much funnier than the average English bloke, but it's a miserable funny with most of them, and I can say categorically they love geordies on the whole consider us a notch up from most English, they're right of course but..... they are collectively the most racist, bigotted, xenophobic peoples in Britain, even Scottish_Mag would admit that. Anyway I like jocks who support England, they'd be third world if it werent for us, so cunts wearing Portugal tops cos they knocked us oot the WC, fuck off.

Not biting tbh... ;)

I will. :spinwank:

Stevie has it part correct, on average I would say that most of us 'Jocks' do prefer geordies to basically the rest of England mostly due to the sense of humour and distain for most things London based. Bigotted I will give you when you see the trolls running around in their thousands wearing the old firm tops due to the religion that they have no clue about then yeah. But they are not representative of Scotland. They need culled like. As for the supporting England thing, no I don't support England agaisnt anyone but neither do I want them beat, apart from when they start to get closer to winning something again as I couldn't put up with listening to repeats of 66 all over again. The average gripe is more with the English press than the English people, apart from Jimmy Hill. He's a poof! :lol:

Rant over.

The cabin crew suggested we all go out and club it. I had no option; it was that or one of there B&Bs. I figured it’d be safer on the streets. For the first time ever I saw the Scotch in their natural habitat, and it weren’t pretty. I’d seen them huddling in stations before, being loud but… this time I was surrounded. Everywhere I went it felt like they were watching me; fish-white flesh puckered by the Highland breeze; tight eyes peering out for fresh meat; screechy, booze-soaked voices hollering out for a taxi to take ‘em halfway up the road to the next all-night watering hole. A shatter of glass; a round of applause; a sixteen-year-old mother of three vomiting in an open sewer, bairns looking on, chewing on potato cakes. I ain’t never going back… not never.

Well she's wrong.

No she's not - you evidently picked the wrong place to go. Scotland has some of the most beautiful scenery in the world and the people I've come into contact with have been extremely friendly and welcoming.

Get yourself out of the cities Tom and into the country - up around Loch Lomand would be a good start ;)

Guest alex

aye, he should pick up a couple of titles from somewhere, but Wimbledon is a different thing altogether.

Incidentally, not many people know Sue Barker won the French title when she played.

Aye, she won the French in '76 I think then got to the semis of Wimbledon a year later when Virginia Wade won it.