Happy Face

I also wasn't really happy with any of the human characters or their relationships. In Aliens, Terminator, Terminator 2 and True Lies Cameron showed a real sense of humour around bonding his characters together. In this film there are no laughs and no camaraderie whatsoever amongst the crew. The sergeant of the marines is a funny bloke...but he's supposed to be the bad guy we don't like.

Edited by Happy Face

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw this last night.........WOW, not really sure what the critics were on about when they said the story was lame. IMO it's another winner from Cameron, the guy is a master at his craft, he had me on the edge of my seat cheering for things I knew weren't real but I couldn't help myself.

Of course the regular praise that has been up on here, the film is visual candy I overheard someone say that they had vertigo during some of the scenes in the floating mountains, 3D will do that I suppose. As for the storyline I thought it was extremely well done and edited perfectly, no superfluous scenes everything tied into the story, might even see it more than once which is something I don't usually do but the 3D experience is so completely enjoyable that I will in this case.

Oh and Happy Face the story is blatantly Dances With Wolves/Last Samurai than Return of the Jedi. :icon_lol:

They both took their storylines from Return Of The Jedi Too.

Whether it's blue aliens, Indians or Samurai...they're all following the Humans join Ewok resistance against their own kind template...I'll gladly be corrected if there is earlier precedence.

Oh and Happy Face the story is blatantly Dances With Wolves/Last Samurai than Return of the Jedi. :icon_lol:

Whether it's blue aliens, Indians or Samurai...they're all following the Humans join Ewok resistance against their own kind template...I'll gladly be corrected if there is earlier precedence.

but the rebels are already fighting against the empire. This is the key difference as the leads in the other films belong to a force hostile to the aliens/indians/samurai before "going native".

but the rebels are already fighting against the empire. This is the key difference as the leads in the other films belong to a force hostile to the aliens/indians/samurai before "going native".

Either way, 3 shite films to take the story from <_<

There's nowt about this that makes me want to go and see it. When I watch the trailer and there's all these fucking gay blue freaks with cat faces flying around on big dopey looking birds. For nearly 3 hours. Fuck that.

There's nowt about this that makes me want to go and see it. When I watch the trailer and there's all these fucking gay blue freaks with cat faces flying around on big dopey looking birds. For nearly 3 hours. Fuck that.

Tantalising no? :icon_lol:

Well Ive booked to see it on Saturday at the Metro Centre. I'm as interested in seeing how effective 3D is at the moment as I am the movie. I've heard mixed reports about it as whole so Im not going with ultra high expectation, which is usually a good thing.

The one big thing I didnt like was "unobtanium" - really, unobtanium, come on

I thought so too. :icon_lol:

Im sure they used that in The Core as well.

I'm also sure Cameron used the same Aliens music (from Weaver vs Queen Bitch) in the end battle of Colonel v Jake Sully.

• 1 month later...
I enjoyed it. The plot was pretty much Pocohontas (bear i mind I havent seen Pocohontas so I'm guessing)

I thought the 3d was 30% 31QPb%20OXdpL._SL500_AA280_.jpg 70% impressive.

original.jpg

:rolleyes:

I enjoyed it. The plot was pretty much Pocohontas (bear i mind I havent seen Pocohontas so I'm guessing)

I thought the 3d was 30% 31QPb%20OXdpL._SL500_AA280_.jpg 70% impressive.

original.jpg

:rolleyes:

I've heard this complaint a lot, so ok tell me a new story.......

seriously most movie plot lines all go back to something that was written before....