diet

tommo

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I eat quite healthily really, wholemeal breads, wholegrain cereals. lean meat and I mostly have my 5 fruit and veg a day, but my problem is not enough exercise and too many biccys/choccy in between meals :razz: The weight soon goes on! Now I go for long walks 3/4 times a week and do half an hour aerobic exercise a day and it really does make a difference. My back which I have problems with is better for it too.

Fad diets just dont work, the weight soon goes back on. The only way is to eat a good variety of foods, eat healthily and get off your backside!

"Bad back" :razz:

That old chesnut eh? :lol:

I eat quite healthily really, wholemeal breads, wholegrain cereals. lean meat and I mostly have my 5 fruit and veg a day, but my problem is not enough exercise and too many biccys/choccy in between meals :razz: The weight soon goes on! Now I go for long walks 3/4 times a week and do half an hour aerobic exercise a day and it really does make a difference. My back which I have problems with is better for it too.

Fad diets just dont work, the weight soon goes back on. The only way is to eat a good variety of foods, eat healthily and get off your backside!

:lol:

Guest alex

Code for big chebs.

I eat quite healthily really, wholemeal breads, wholegrain cereals. lean meat and I mostly have my 5 fruit and veg a day, but my problem is not enough exercise and too many biccys/choccy in between meals :rolleyes: The weight soon goes on! Now I go for long walks 3/4 times a week and do half an hour aerobic exercise a day and it really does make a difference. My back which I have problems with is better for it too.

:razz:

Code for big chebs.

:lol: Ahh I should have guessed!! Yes they dont help :D

give up drinking :lol:

I've lost a stone in the last few months, all I've done is stop having sausage rolls from the baker for early lunch/late breakfast, and something to eat when I come in from the pub.

I don't eat biscuits, chocolate etc, sweet stuff, I have one hermeseta in coffee, no sugar in tea. I don't pick between meals. I have always grilled bacon, burgers, sausages etc, and I have NEVER like butter or margarine on bread.

I'm 13 stone, 5 foot 9. Not bad for my age I suppose. No intention of giving up going to the pub fairly often [more than average I would say which according to Australian soaps makes me an alki for drinking more than 1 pint when I go out]

I don't bother eating fresh fruit, my exercise is walking 20 minutes to the pub, and back. But I'm healthy enough, and don't look my age, although if I played squash [which I did when I was younger] I'd probably have a heart attack !!!!

Tommo........everyone is saying the trick is to find a good lifestyle and eating habits that you can stick to, not a crash diet, and this is right. You're only 16, do you go out drinking yet ?

Edited by LeazesMag

Guest alex

I've lost a stone in the last few months, all I've done is stop having sausage rolls from the baker for early lunch/late breakfast, and something to eat when I come in from the pub.

I'm 13 stone, 5 foot 9. Not bad for my age I suppose. No intention of giving up going to the pub fairly often [more than average I would say which according to Australian soaps makes me an alki for drinking more than 1 pint when I go out]

I don't bother eating fresh fruit, my exercise is walking 20 minutes to the pub, and back. But I'm healthy enough, and don't look my age, although if I played squash [which I did when I was younger] I'd probably have a heart attack !!!!

Tommo........everyone is saying the trick is to find a good lifestyle and eating habits that you can stick to, not a crash diet, and this is right. You're only 16, do you go out drinking yet ?

Not for the first time I've noticed you've got a few bob on yourself :razz:

I eat quite healthily really, wholemeal breads, wholegrain cereals. lean meat and I mostly have my 5 fruit and veg a day, but my problem is not enough exercise and too many biccys/choccy in between meals :lol: The weight soon goes on! Now I go for long walks 3/4 times a week and do half an hour aerobic exercise a day and it really does make a difference. My back which I have problems with is better for it too.

You're only 16, do you go out drinking yet ?

Depends whether he ever got one of these...

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?...=23165&st=0

you mean bragging to Bev that I'm a young and spritely 54 year old ?

Guest alex
I eat quite healthily really, wholemeal breads, wholegrain cereals. lean meat and I mostly have my 5 fruit and veg a day, but my problem is not enough exercise and too many biccys/choccy in between meals :rolleyes: The weight soon goes on! Now I go for long walks 3/4 times a week and do half an hour aerobic exercise a day and it really does make a difference. My back which I have problems with is better for it too.

That's exactly what I mean.

I eat quite healthily really, wholemeal breads, wholegrain cereals. lean meat and I mostly have my 5 fruit and veg a day, but my problem is not enough exercise and too many biccys/choccy in between meals :lol: The weight soon goes on! Now I go for long walks 3/4 times a week and do half an hour aerobic exercise a day and it really does make a difference. My back which I have problems with is better for it too.

i do occasionally yeah but not every week maybe once a month.

i do occasionally yeah but not every week maybe once a month.

As you are 5'11" and 13 and a half stone, thats not bad, but for your age is not the best, when you start drinking more [if you do] you could get a problem, plus you are still growing. I would cut out the snacks, but as is being said, look at what you do,how you exercise etc. If you are a lad with a big framed body then its just the way you are.....at least no fucker will pick a fight with you :lol:

I eat quite healthily really, wholemeal breads, wholegrain cereals. lean meat and I mostly have my 5 fruit and veg a day, but my problem is not enough exercise and too many biccys/choccy in between meals :D The weight soon goes on! Now I go for long walks 3/4 times a week and do half an hour aerobic exercise a day and it really does make a difference. My back which I have problems with is better for it too.

That's exactly what I mean.

shallow bastard me like :rolleyes:

I eat quite healthily really, wholemeal breads, wholegrain cereals. lean meat and I mostly have my 5 fruit and veg a day, but my problem is not enough exercise and too many biccys/choccy in between meals :D The weight soon goes on! Now I go for long walks 3/4 times a week and do half an hour aerobic exercise a day and it really does make a difference. My back which I have problems with is better for it too.

give up drinking :razz:

I bet you are a picture of health sweetie :rolleyes:

I bet you are a picture of health sweetie :rolleyes:

this general chat beats the shit out of the football section these days

I eat quite healthily really, wholemeal breads, wholegrain cereals. lean meat and I mostly have my 5 fruit and veg a day, but my problem is not enough exercise and too many biccys/choccy in between meals :icon_lol: The weight soon goes on! Now I go for long walks 3/4 times a week and do half an hour aerobic exercise a day and it really does make a difference. My back which I have problems with is better for it too.

I bet you are a picture of health sweetie :D

:icon_lol:

I hardly ever look on there, its too depressing!! I prefer the gossip, the bragging and the sex talk over here :rolleyes:

I eat quite healthily really, wholemeal breads, wholegrain cereals. lean meat and I mostly have my 5 fruit and veg a day, but my problem is not enough exercise and too many biccys/choccy in between meals :icon_lol: The weight soon goes on! Now I go for long walks 3/4 times a week and do half an hour aerobic exercise a day and it really does make a difference. My back which I have problems with is better for it too.

I bet you are a picture of health sweetie :D

:icon_lol:

I hardly ever look on there, its too depressing!! I prefer the gossip, the bragging and the sex talk over here :rolleyes:

ah, a quick walk along Torquay Marina gives you a sunny dispostion, and who wants to talk about football...

To be honest at 16, you're body's not done growing (God that's a creepy P.E. Teacher phrase if ever I heard it) you might find that you get a growth spurt and no longer feel like you're overweight.

well i'm 5"11 and weigh 13 stone and a half

As has been said that's canny heavy for 16 years as it is inevitable as you grow older your metabolism will slow for whatever bizarre reason and you will put on the pounds. So it's the right thing to eat sensibly and get used to exercise now rather than later. I had no problems with weight until I was in my 30s and now it is something I have to take seriously.

When I was 16 I ate and drank what I liked (smoked too mind), never exercised in any way, and was a 28 inch waist for years, probably was less than 10 stone. Now I am nearer 14 stone and have a 34 inch waist. I'm about 6 foot in my platform shoes.

I've lost about a stone since we were relegated and hope to lose a bit more. The main thing I've cut out is bread and other carbs, and obviously fatty food. In fact I basically eat a hell of a lot of vegetables and fruit over other foods. I've also knocked booze on the head until next season. Trouble is I just haven't had the time or inclination to exercise properly at the moment, especially difficult for me as the main thing I like is fell walking which is great exercise when you can get it. I maybe need to move nearer the Lakes tbh.