diet

tommo

Guest The Three Lions

I haven't been on a diet, but I've lost loads of weight this year, just been eating like a fat bastard but going to the gym 4 or 5 times a week it really works, no moobs, no derby etc.. I can eat and drink what I want as long as I do the exercise. I'm well over 6ft so can carry some weight, but see at the start of the World Cup, my weight was 97.4 kg's, three days out on the piss in the next five days with loads of take away food seen me go up to 99.7kg's by Tuesday gone, the next day trained for 2 and a half hours had some food went down to 96.3 kgs, had loads to drink and eat yesterday and now back to 98.7kg's. Does anyone elses weight vary so much in such a short space of time?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't been on a diet, but I've lost loads of weight this year, just been eating like a fat bastard but going to the gym 4 or 5 times a week it really works, no moobs, no derby etc.. I can eat and drink what I want as long as I do the exercise. I'm well over 6ft so can carry some weight, but see at the start of the World Cup, my weight was 97.4 kg's, three days out on the piss in the next five days with loads of take away food seen me go up to 99.7kg's by Tuesday gone, the next day trained for 2 and a half hours had some food went down to 96.3 kgs, had loads to drink and eat yesterday and now back to 98.7kg's. Does anyone elses weight vary so much in such a short space of time?

Aye. I think it's more to do with how hydrated you are tbh. Try and manage it by always weighing yourself first thing in the morning before food and drink and after a dump. :icon_lol:

Or just weigh yourself less often.

Aye. I think it's more to do with how hydrated you are tbh. Try and manage it by always weighing yourself first thing in the morning before food and drink and after a dump. :icon_lol:

and weigh yourself at the same time of the day. Your weight fluctuates a fair bit over the course of the day naturally.

Guest The Three Lions
I would have guessed stressful job + lots of junk + lots of exercise = Heart attack territory. :icon_lol:

Much better just improve your diet.

I tell you what it is if you look at your body like a battery like some people say you should, the more things you do with burn out the lower the battery runs, mine will need a fuckin charger soon.

I would have guessed stressful job + lots of junk + lots of exercise = Heart attack territory. :icon_lol:

Much better to do both really. Driving for a living is one of the worst things for your health btw - you need to hit the gym!

Much better to do both really. Driving for a living is one of the worst things for your health btw - you need to hit the gym!

Is true. Being thinking of a career change but cant really think of anything I fancy. Its very hard going back to regular 9-5 after self employment.

Crap at pratical stuff

Couldnt do labour intensive

Quite fancied Social work but may be too unsympathetic

Couldnt fancy the corporate rat race again

Which basically leaves bo diddly squat. Even considered doing some volunteer work but it would have to be interesting.

:icon_lol:

Why don't you become a politician - start as a councillor?

After lots of years at the top of the slippery corporate pole, I couldnt really go back into anything that was false, back biting or full of office politics.

Lifes too short for all that crap.

After lots of years at the top of the slippery corporate pole, I couldnt really go back into anything that was false, back biting or full of office politics.

Aye, but I'm not talking ministerial politics here. Councillors can really help people at a local level. You'd get out and about, get an allowance to make it worth your while, and you'd be pursuing something you believe in. You could still taxi as well.

I've lost a shit load of weight since January as I'm walking the Sahara for charity next year (don't worry, details of how to donate to follow soon :icon_lol: ) and it's basically down to cutting out a lot of shit and doing some exercise. Not too much exercise too quickly though. I started swimming a little, then built it up. Then I started cycling a little, then built it up. Now I'm on to running every morning but, again, little by little. My only vice is drink, I'm sure if I gave that up I'd being doing even better but the point is you don't want to be fucking miserable!

It's all about routine.

Aye, but I'm not talking ministerial politics here. Councillors can really help people at a local level. You'd get out and about, get an allowance to make it worth your while, and you'd be pursuing something you believe in. You could still taxi as well.

Na , you need to be blinkered like you to make a good councillor :angry: I chop and change with the wind. Anyway found a nice vo role for one day a week so have applied for that. Must admit feeling like I have hit rock bottom if someone doesnt even want you for freebie. :icon_lol:

Or weigh yourself every day and calculate a rolling 15 day average. This discounts for daily (hourly!) fluctuations based on hydration and gives you an idea of your true weight and true weight gain/loss over time.

There's websites and iphone apps that will do it all for you btw, so you don't need to sit with a calculator or owt.

Or weigh yourself every day and calculate a rolling 15 day average. This discounts for daily (hourly!) fluctuations based on hydration and gives you an idea of your true weight and true weight gain/loss over time.

There's websites and iphone apps that will do it all for you btw, so you don't need to sit with a calculator or owt.

Now that's just gay.

The idea of Gemmill micromanaging his weight is a bit like a millionaire trying to save pennies off his gas bill. :angry:

Aye. I think it's more to do with how hydrated you are tbh. Try and manage it by always weighing yourself first thing in the morning before food and drink and after a dump. :angry:

Now that's just gay.

The idea of Gemmill micromanaging his weight is a bit like a millionaire trying to save pennies off his gas bill. :icon_lol:

:icon_lol: Aye but who's lost a couple of stone, while your poor lass is rolling you up and down mountains every weekend.

Aye. I think it's more to do with how hydrated you are tbh. Try and manage it by always weighing yourself first thing in the morning before food and drink and after a dump. :angry:

Now that's just gay.

The idea of Gemmill micromanaging his weight is a bit like a millionaire trying to save pennies off his gas bill. :woosh:

:icon_lol: Aye but who's lost a couple of stone, while your poor lass is rolling you up and down mountains every weekend.

Nice one. Does this mean people only make a double take when they pass you, rather than the double-double take they used to? :icon_lol: