Interesting

LeazesMag

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can I be the first to say I quite like Dave :icon_lol:

Most people who aren't complete dickheads do tbh.

He has a bit of a shit job as do most admin/mods on the internet do but its only really those who feel the need to break certain rules that ever have a problem with them.

Some forums have different rules to others but they are more often than not easy to view and its really not that hard to stick to them.

Their rules are nazi like though. If you do this we're taking our ball and not coming back. I could understand it if they were getting called paedo's or personal info was released, but as I've said before it gives people that little bit of power. Good for them.

Do you think the rules are better on here or NO Jon? There's no rules on here apart from don't be racist and be nice to people. They should be the basis of any board, additional rules complicate things. I mean getting banned for calling people cunts. Daft tbh

The rules have never been a problem on either forum for me tbh. I can see why they are there though.

Dave's one of the few people on there who's open to changing their opinion, and when he does he'll usually admit it and say he was wrong. Most either never change their opinion even when faced with the most overwhelming evidence of being wrong, or just change their argument and then deny ever having any other view.

You can't blame Dave specifically for the bannings either, it's the whiny little complainers who rarely contribute any opinion of their own unless they're commenting on Nile Ranger's facebook page, but pop into threads started to discuss particular topics just to say how bored they are of other people discussing those topics, and the mods as a collective who take the easy option and ban a few scapegoats to appease them. I'd ban the people who complain myself, as they'd obviously be happier posting elsewhere.

The rules have never been a problem on either forum for me tbh. I can see why they are there though.

You were obviously on the "right" side of the argument to avoid the formal warnings for lowering the level of debate on there then. :icon_lol:

You were obviously on the "right" side of the argument to avoid the formal warnings for lowering the level of debate on there then. :icon_lol:

:icon_lol: fucking hell :icon_lol:

Newcastle Online is hardly an example of Plato's Symposium before this warning was deemed neccesary. I dread to see it now.

I think that warning was sent out to the people who spent all their time arguing about the same thing, in numerous threads.

These people were on both sides of the argument, as I didn't do that I didn't receive said warning.

Thanks for your time :icon_lol:

Guest Stevie

:icon_lol: fucking hell :icon_lol:

Newcastle Online is hardly an example of Plato's Symposium before this warning was deemed neccesary. I dread to see it now.

It's no wonder you don't wander over there.

Edited by Stevie

Leazes, this is getting tiresome beyond words. Yes, you've got a problem with Dave and his unwillingness to get into a discussion with you. Why can't you act like the grown up you claim to be and accept the fact he does not want to speak to you. The fact that you constantly throw insults st him from behind your OWN computer makes you look like a huffy child and on more than one occasion in this thread people have stated that they are heartily sick of it. Your Newcastle views can be aired to your hearts content in the appropriate threads but for your own sake please stop creating threads in order to insult other members or they will be locked on the grounds of consistent abuse.

childish ?

:icon_lol:

Yes you are, now please will you leave it alone.

as you said Cath, hissy sulks = for women and wimps

Can I be the first to say I quite like Dave :icon_lol:

Most people who aren't complete dickheads do tbh.

He has a bit of a shit job as do most admin/mods on the internet do but its only really those who feel the need to break certain rules that ever have a problem with them.

Some forums have different rules to others but they are more often than not easy to view and its really not that hard to stick to them.

well, that board is run in a very childish way, and he's a child for not at least listening to what I had to say. Its quite appropriate to tell him I think he's a prick for that, in my view.

Dave's one of the few people on there who's open to changing their opinion, and when he does he'll usually admit it and say he was wrong. Most either never change their opinion even when faced with the most overwhelming evidence of being wrong, or just change their argument and then deny ever having any other view.

You can't blame Dave specifically for the bannings either, it's the whiny little complainers who rarely contribute any opinion of their own unless they're commenting on Nile Ranger's facebook page, but pop into threads started to discuss particular topics just to say how bored they are of other people discussing those topics, and the mods as a collective who take the easy option and ban a few scapegoats to appease them. I'd ban the people who complain myself, as they'd obviously be happier posting elsewhere.

I must be honest here, and say that I DID think Dave would have replied to me instead of closing his inbox. I would also ban the complainers because everyone has a right to discuss what they like. There is so many thread on NO there is enough for everybody to take and leave what they choose.

in·ter·est·ing [ íntrəsting ]

adjective 

Definition:

1. arousing curiosity or attention: arousing curiosity, attracting or holding attention, or provoking thought

2. not boring: enjoyable because of being varied, challenging, stimulating, or exciting

Leazes, this is getting tiresome beyond words. Yes, you've got a problem with Dave and his unwillingness to get into a discussion with you. Why can't you act like the grown up you claim to be and accept the fact he does not want to speak to you. The fact that you constantly throw insults st him from behind your OWN computer makes you look like a huffy child and on more than one occasion in this thread people have stated that they are heartily sick of it. Your Newcastle views can be aired to your hearts content in the appropriate threads but for your own sake please stop creating threads in order to insult other members or they will be locked on the grounds of consistent abuse.

childish ?

As I said?! Where's that then? Seriously, I think you make things up in your head and then try and pass them off as fact. It's disturbing.

childish ?

As I said?! Where's that then? Seriously, I think you make things up in your head and then try and pass them off as fact. It's disturbing.

typical woman

childish ?

typical woman

childish ?

Can't believe he has posted on here over 7,000 and you haven't seen a single one of them :icon_lol:

childish ?

Can't believe he has posted on here over 7,000 and you haven't seen a single one of them :icon_lol:

she's a woman isn't she ?

Mind - I'm sure big Dave can argue his own corner - oh wait a moment, he can't. Cath has to do it for him :icon_lol:

Edited by LeazesMag

When I try to view the link it says "Sorry Bolton Zulu, you are banned from this forum. Fuck off."

Whilst I find that a trifle harsh I do admire their candid approach. :D