Lee Ryder or Alan Oliver

Guest Stevie

Who is the best reporter of the two, or do you just think both are as shite as each other?  

44 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest Stevie

It's been nearly a year since the amiable Durhamite was removed from his position at the Chronicle, replaced by the more youthful Lee Ryder. Which reporter do you prefer, or are they both embarrassments?

Personally I slated Anal on many occasions, and he used my posts for stories and stats on more than one occasion, there was one notable occasion in the last couple of years. However, I don't know what it is but I miss the way Anal put things, yes his exclusive after exclusive went down hill after FFS left, after his source close to the club got pneumonia and the club taken from his grasp, but there was a timeless charm to Anal's musings. After some of the shite he wrote, and large doses of FFS propaganda I can't believe I'm writing this, but some of his closings to match reports were almost biblical.

The new kid Lee Ryder he's only about my age, which is very young for a journalist to be given such a leading role within a media organisation. Make no mistake about it, Lee Ryder has the single most important job in Thomson House, and he's what? 30? Newcastle United are easily the most important one entity in the North East of England, a story such as an exclusive on a transfer or a take over can surely increase daily sales by 20%? I appreciate he is a young kid learning his trade, but I find his reporting style cringeworthy.

He's like an enthusiastic GCSE English student who lets his imagination run away with him. Why does he feel the need to exaggerate so much. "United backed by almost 7,000 fans who never let up their raucous din" you check and there's 5,000 toon fans there, and "a white hot atmosphere awaited the eleven black and white warriors", and you're like at the match you get home and think to yourself what a shite atmosphere it is. Why can't we find a North East Henry Winter willing to do the job?

I was reading his article on the ressies last night and it sunk in just how shit he is. His writing style is complete piss - No where did it say what the actual score was, it was just 'we scored, we scored again, they scored, we scored, the end'

I was reading his article on the ressies last night and it sunk in just how shit he is. His writing style is complete piss - No where did it say what the actual score was, it was just 'we scored, we scored again, they scored, we scored, the end'
<_<

<_<

:omgwank::ph34r:

Ryder is an idiot with a typewriter and a degree. His articles aren't even fit to put down on the floor while painting. At least Oliver could write, even if he was full of shit almost 100% of the time, as well as a propaganda machine for FFS.

Ryder is an idiot with a typewriter and a degree. His articles aren't even fit to put down on the floor while painting. At least Oliver could write, even if he was full of shit almost 100% of the time, as well as a propaganda machine for FFS.

The sad thing to watch though is the fact Ryder thought he'd follow in Anals footsteps by kissing upto Llambsarse in that "interview". Arguing and justifying its lack of hard hitting questions before realising months later just how stupid it made him look.

I'd like to think hes learnt from his mistakes and is moving on however the proof is yet to be seen.