C.C.C. TEAMS - UNBIASED ASSESSMENT.......

accadacca

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The amount of no hopers is unbelievable - Scunthorpe, Coventry {sold all their best players so far !}, Plymouth, Peterboro,

Barnsley {5000 allocation !!}, Doncaster, Palace, Watford and Blackpool.

Coventry still have Kieren Westwood one of the best goalkeepers in the league, Elliot Ward and Aron Gunnarsson. The only good player they've sold this summer is Scott Dann, not to mention they have a very good manager. Plymouth have never been relegated from The Championship even when Ian Holloway left and their whole team was gutted of quality, now managed by Paul Sturrock whose teams are always tough to beat. Peterborough have won 2 promotions on the spin in Darren Ferguson's first 2 full seasons of management, with that kind of upward trajectory I don't see how you can call them no hopers. Doncaster play great football and once they'd adapted to the division last year went from rock bottom whipping boys to a very respectable 14th, maintain that form from the start and they'll be top half. Palace is a truly bizarre shout, Freddie Sears and Darren Ambrose in alongside the likes of Clint Hill, Jose Fonte and Victor Moses and now that Warnock has had the time to drill his style into the team they could be playoff contenders. Watford have an unknown quantity as manager and some very good players like John Joe O'Toole, Jobi McAnuff and Jay DeMerit, it's not as if there's no hope for them either.

Point is The Championship is unpredictable, there are any number of reasons why any team in the division could do well or poorly over a season. Who'd have said that Charlton, a stable Premiership club for the best part of a decade, managed by the man who took West Ham up, then to Premiership mid table and seconds away from the FA Cup would be so abysmal last year. The season Watford went up under Boothroyd they were nailed on favourites for relegation, there's dozens of examples. It's not a poor poor league like somebody said, but it shouldn't be too daunting either, after all it's a league where Michael Chopra will get you 20 goals a season. My main worry is that Nicky Butt develops further delusions of footballing ability and tries to stroke and pirouette his way around the division.

You're scaring me. <_<

Here's one specially for you Accadacca, since you clearly live on another planet.

Delivered in a way you might understand:

2 years ago Ashley came along, saying to NUFC Let Me Put My Love Into You. Nights in the Bigg Market were spent by the portly owner saying Have a Drink on Me to the adoring fans and other Riff Raff . What Do You Do For Money Honey, we asked? Turns out he sold knock down sportswear.

Having an Overdose of optimism it was Love at First Feel for many of us.

Soon, Fat Sam had Gone Shootin, and Keegan was Back in Black(&White).We were Spellbound.

Our erstwhile owner was even spotted Breaking the Rules with a pint in the stands at Arsenal.

Sadly our optimism was misplaced.In short order, Fat Mike had installed Little Dennis, our very own Problem Child, and sure enough, Keegan was soon to have his own Night of The Long Knives.Although we implored him Baby, Please Don't Go,begged him to Stick Around, he had little choice but to Ride On . (The saga of his Down Payment Blues still to be decided in the courts) .This was only the beginning of the Dirty Deeds, Done Dirt Cheap.

Our journey along the Highway to Hell began gathering momentum with the appointment of JFK- Hells Bells, the cockney Live Wire! . We were turning from a Football Club into pure Show Business and the media began to Inject the Venom.Once loved by other fans, we became Sin City in the eyes of many.

Any thoughts of Europe were swiftly Snowballed.

The once popular Ashley was now a Soul Stripper, and fans were asking Gimme a Bullet for the Fat One.

Following JFK’s laughable ‘nice little run’ , the untinkable became a reality- we could GO DOWN.

We needed players with Big Balls, prepared to inject some HighVoltage into their game.

Bottom end of the table isn’t a place for Beating Around the Bush, its Dog Eat Dog.

England’s Michael Owen helped things enormously by making it plain to the club that You Aint Got A Hold On Me, which matched with his inability to Shoot to Thrill proved a Touch too Much.

We discovered It’s A long To the Top, especially when you allow Villa to Walk All Over You in the last game of the season.

So here we are, in the Champeenship, it Aint No Fun ( Waitin Round For a New Millionaire), all our dreams have been Shot Down In Flames.

Cheers Mike- In comparison to where we are now, Hell Aint A Bad Place To Be.

(with apologies to Messrs Scott, Young & Johnson for sullying their work with Ashley)

Here's one specially for you Accadacca, since you clearly live on another planet.

Delivered in a way you might understand:

2 years ago Ashley came along, saying to NUFC Let Me Put My Love Into You. Nights in the Bigg Market were spent by the portly owner saying Have a Drink on Me to the adoring fans and other Riff Raff . What Do You Do For Money Honey, we asked? Turns out he sold knock down sportswear.

Having an Overdose of optimism it was Love at First Feel for many of us.

Soon, Fat Sam had Gone Shootin, and Keegan was Back in Black(&White).We were Spellbound.

Our erstwhile owner was even spotted Breaking the Rules with a pint in the stands at Arsenal.

Sadly our optimism was misplaced.In short order, Fat Mike had installed Little Dennis, our very own Problem Child, and sure enough, Keegan was soon to have his own Night of The Long Knives.Although we implored him Baby, Please Don't Go,begged him to Stick Around, he had little choice but to Ride On . (The saga of his Down Payment Blues still to be decided in the courts) .This was only the beginning of the Dirty Deeds, Done Dirt Cheap.

Our journey along the Highway to Hell began gathering momentum with the appointment of JFK- Hells Bells, the cockney Live Wire! . We were turning from a Football Club into pure Show Business and the media began to Inject the Venom.Once loved by other fans, we became Sin City in the eyes of many.

Any thoughts of Europe were swiftly Snowballed.

The once popular Ashley was now a Soul Stripper, and fans were asking Gimme a Bullet for the Fat One.

Following JFK’s laughable ‘nice little run’ , the untinkable became a reality- we could GO DOWN.

We needed players with Big Balls, prepared to inject some HighVoltage into their game.

Bottom end of the table isn’t a place for Beating Around the Bush, its Dog Eat Dog.

England’s Michael Owen helped things enormously by making it plain to the club that You Aint Got A Hold On Me, which matched with his inability to Shoot to Thrill proved a Touch too Much.

We discovered It’s A long To the Top, especially when you allow Villa to Walk All Over You in the last game of the season.

So here we are, in the Champeenship, it Aint No Fun ( Waitin Round For a New Millionaire), all our dreams have been Shot Down In Flames.

Cheers Mike- In comparison to where we are now, Hell Aint A Bad Place To Be.

(with apologies to Messrs Scott, Young & Johnson for sullying their work with Ashley)

awesome post mate, even if its a pisstake !! <_<

i'm just trying to be upbeat - the coming season is impossible to predict - could be a disaster, could be superb - the point is that the CCC is a crock of shit and half decent team will piss it.

where's your assesment of the rudderless, sinking ship that is nufc?

things were so bad under the last owners like

That's a bit unfair, the last owners did pretty well in comparison.

Aye, Fat Fred did very well out of it, prolly why he wants to get his piggy bank back of Ashley for a pittance

so did we. Which is of course, the whole point.

The amount of no hopers is unbelievable - Scunthorpe, Coventry {sold all their best players so far !}, Plymouth, Peterboro,

Barnsley {5000 allocation !!}, Doncaster, Palace, Watford and Blackpool.

Coventry still have Kieren Westwood one of the best goalkeepers in the league, Elliot Ward and Aron Gunnarsson. The only good player they've sold this summer is Scott Dann, not to mention they have a very good manager. Plymouth have never been relegated from The Championship even when Ian Holloway left and their whole team was gutted of quality, now managed by Paul Sturrock whose teams are always tough to beat. Peterborough have won 2 promotions on the spin in Darren Ferguson's first 2 full seasons of management, with that kind of upward trajectory I don't see how you can call them no hopers. Doncaster play great football and once they'd adapted to the division last year went from rock bottom whipping boys to a very respectable 14th, maintain that form from the start and they'll be top half. Palace is a truly bizarre shout, Freddie Sears and Darren Ambrose in alongside the likes of Clint Hill, Jose Fonte and Victor Moses and now that Warnock has had the time to drill his style into the team they could be playoff contenders. Watford have an unknown quantity as manager and some very good players like John Joe O'Toole, Jobi McAnuff and Jay DeMerit, it's not as if there's no hope for them either.

Point is The Championship is unpredictable, there are any number of reasons why any team in the division could do well or poorly over a season. Who'd have said that Charlton, a stable Premiership club for the best part of a decade, managed by the man who took West Ham up, then to Premiership mid table and seconds away from the FA Cup would be so abysmal last year. The season Watford went up under Boothroyd they were nailed on favourites for relegation, there's dozens of examples. It's not a poor poor league like somebody said, but it shouldn't be too daunting either, after all it's a league where Michael Chopra will get you 20 goals a season. My main worry is that Nicky Butt develops further delusions of footballing ability and tries to stroke and pirouette his way around the division.

Don't agree with you on Coventry being much good; they've got one or two decent players but as a side are solidly bottom half material, regardless of Coleman being a good manager. Doncaster have lost a couple of players, I doubt they'll really push on but they're still an okay side. Palace are certainly midtable material, with an outside chance of a playoff push that shouldn't be discounted at this stage. Plymouth aren't likely to go anywhere, but as you say are a tough-to-beat side.

Peterboro are going to be pretty run of the mill defensively I'd think - going forward they were on another level to other League One sides last season, so they're definitely going to do fairly well, of the sides that have come up, I'd say they're the most likely to do a Bristol City, Swansea etc. and hit the ground running if we don't get a striker and another keeper in, though I don't think the playoffs are likely they would certainly be capable of putting a couple past anyone. So much of the Championship is about mindset, because its all quite finely balanced on the pitch with good quality players who sometimes lack the consistency of the top-flight mixed with average players who give it their all - last season was one of the least even in a while and this season should even it up a bit more; the season before there were 18 pts between playoffs and relegation, compared to the 48pts between going down in the premiership and getting 4th last season.

• 7 months later...
BORO - losing what little quality they had and bringing in cheapos - accident waiting to happen - will be nearer bottom than top.

yer forgetting boro's youth team which is FUCKIN' MINT!!! Honestly see them doing better than us!! :lol:

+1

With their local lads, up-and-coming youth team players, stable and sensible owner & manager they are in far better position than us.

Bumpity bump

Given the midfield you list above, where are these balls for Carroll coming from?

Harper?

And who is going to orchestrate this magnificent turnaround?

Shearer? No

JFK? Ha ha ha

Hughton and Calderwood? ffs

Made a bit of a fist of that prediction :lol:

I have know idea whether we will get promoted or relegated and I like that.

Given the midfield you list above, where are these balls for Carroll coming from?

Harper?

And who is going to orchestrate this magnificent turnaround?

Shearer? No

JFK? Ha ha ha

Hughton and Calderwood? ffs

Made a bit of a fist of that prediction :lol:

At the time, it's how I felt.

Fence sitting (see your post quoted) is as easy as hindsight though, eh? :blush:

Are these two idiots one and the same?

:lol: Ironic, eh?

No.

hahahaha..................its great reading them posts from last july......most people thought we would be shit...........apart from acca who was spot on.....i bet you people feel fools right now .....

No.

hahahaha..................its great reading them posts from last july......most people thought we would be shit...........apart from acca who was spot on.....i bet you people feel fools right now .....

I dont feel a fool at all, Im thankful Acca appears to have been right but there was nothing back in September to say we were going to do anything other than ok in this league.

No.

I dont feel a fool at all, Im thankful Acca appears to have been right but there was nothing back in September to say we were going to do anything other than ok in this league.

yeah i see ya point......i was very worried also but decided against slagging acca off for being positive...... a few even called him an idiot........whos the idiot now..........nice one acca

No.

neither do I. My main concern was about the morale of the club, I feared it would be so bad that we would struggle, but Hughton has done a great job.

Having said that, we also sold our best players and what replacements that came in were cheaper and inferior ones.

To summarise, we can only throw away promotion now, but to anyone with any delusions, the team we started with last season was better than the one we have now, and that team was relegated.

What is indisputable, is Mike Ashley has lowered expectations so much that a lot of supporters would see simply existing in the top league to be acceptable, while we sell our best players to the big clubs such as Fulham and Wigan.

No.

spot on

No.

neither do I. My main concern was about the morale of the club, I feared it would be so bad that we would struggle, but Hughton has done a great job.

Having said that, we also sold our best players and what replacements that came in were cheaper and inferior ones.

To summarise, we can only throw away promotion now, but to anyone with any delusions, the team we started with last season was better than the one we have now, and that team was relegated.

What is indisputable, is Mike Ashley has lowered expectations so much that a lot of supporters would see simply existing in the top league to be acceptable, while we sell our best players to the big clubs such as Fulham and Wigan.

Agree Leazes, well put.

At the time, I didn't feel in the least bit foolish to be cautious and pessimistic.

Assuming we do gain promotion, I'd like to hear the " predictions" of Acca, CT etc.

Having your own opinion is fine but if you take the piss out of someone for having a different opinion and they turn out to be correct you need to start eating that humble pie.

Stop digging and admit you were wrong :lol:

Having your own opinion is fine but if you take the piss out of someone for having a different opinion and they turn out to be correct you need to start eating that humble pie.

I don't know who that is aimed at, but if it is me and I suspect it is me and a few others, I've said I feared the morale would be so bad that we would struggle. That is admitting that I was wrong, which is a damn sight more than a lot of people on your other message board can bring themselves to do.

And still can't by what I read from those in question.

I didn't take the piss out of accadacca anyway btw, but there you go. I was wrong. Hughton has done very very well. One other point I didn't mention which I am sure others would also now say the same, we didn't realise how crap this league is, it is certainly inferior to other periods I have seen NUFC play in it, when we had shite directors who considered just being in the top league to be the height of ambition and supporters who accepted it.

No.

While I'm not trying to disagree that last season's team was much better on paper, what he have now is a lot more committed and far more keen to play football. Players like Owen, Martins and Viduka who should have been good enough to keep us up either weren't playing or couldn't be arsed when they were on the pitch and that - combined with regular management changes and uncertainty over the club's future - got us relegated. We definitely need improvements for next season but I think the core of this squad will give us enough to stay up.

Do you think we have " pissed" this league?

Stop digging and admit you were wrong :blush:

I don't know who that is aimed at, but if it is me and I suspect it is me and a few others, I've said I feared the morale would be so bad that we would struggle. That is admitting that I was wrong, which is a damn sight more than a lot of people on your other message board can bring themselves to do.

And still can't by what I read from those in question.

I didn't take the piss out of accadacca anyway btw, but there you go. I was wrong. Hughton has done very very well. One other point I didn't mention which I am sure others would also now say the same, we didn't realise how crap this league is, it is certainly inferior to other periods I have seen NUFC play in it, when we had shite directors who considered just being in the top league to be the height of ambition and supporters who accepted it.

It wasn't aimed at you but I am shocked YOU admitted you were wrong :lol:

Must be pretty chilly in hell at the moment :jonas:

Do you think we have " pissed" this league?

It's been pretty bloody easy even when we have played shit. I would say Acca was a lot closer in his prediction than you were and I don't see where he took the piss out of your opinion either :blush: